Non-Key Tweets | Page 599 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I suppose the Flug defenders will say Texas doesn't want expansion either and was just patronizing the governor and creating a no-win situation. Texas wants a campus in Houston and the University of Houston isn't going to remove its opposition simply because Fenves typed a tweet. I believe Texas does want Houston, ESPN doesn't, they're in opposition and Flug is full of it.

Where's that TCU tweet in support of BYU he promised? In fact, what exactly has he said that has ever come true?

Are UC, BYU, UConn and UH in the Big 12?

He probably has a Texas-hating (to the point of delusion) butt hurt Husker friend whose Sooner brother-in-law pays $9.95 a month for "insider" info.

Nothing to see there except 90% plausibility tainted with an irrational demonization.

You seem like a nice enough guy, but we are having a pretty bad decade when it comes to conference realignment despite two national championships in basketball and about 7 in women's basketball, and I think I can speak for everyone when I say we don't need to hear how jealous everyone is of Texas, especially when it appears Texas is keeping UConn out of the Big 12.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'd agree, except for the fact that ESPN has never gone out of their way to help us and have often been a detriment.

ESPN helps their own bottom line. If we make the most sense monetarily they will support us. If we don't, they won't. It is really that simple.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 27m27 minutes ago
Conclusionary Data clearly showed BYU (on the ground) & UCONN (in the air) as value add in B12 expansion above all other candidates for EXP

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 26m26 minutes ago
Throw in political forces (UH) and all around good value athletic/research bridge (UC)

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 23m23 minutes ago
B12 Expansion happens through Grand Compromise.
Compromise by OU (FOX Proxy) & UT (ESPN Proxy) and TV partners.
By Grand Compromise Only

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 21m21 minutes ago
A UC/BYU is not a Grand Compromise
UCONN/UC is not a Grand Compromise
Niether is UH +1
Going big or going dead.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 27m27 minutes ago
Conclusionary Data clearly showed BYU (on the ground) & UCONN (in the air) as value add in B12 expansion above all other candidates for EXP

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 26m26 minutes ago
Throw in political forces (UH) and all around good value athletic/research bridge (UC)

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 23m23 minutes ago
B12 Expansion happens through Grand Compromise.
Compromise by OU (FOX Proxy) & UT (ESPN Proxy) and TV partners.
By Grand Compromise Only

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 21m21 minutes ago
A UC/BYU is not a Grand Compromise
UCONN/UC is not a Grand Compromise
Niether is UH +1
Going big or going dead.

All or nothing are literally best case scenario A and B.

Reaction Score
BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 10h10 hours ago
#byu is in. It was done a week ago. TV wants a bigger say in which other teams big12 adds . #byu awaiting #big12 permission to announce.

BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 5h5 hours ago
#big12 was prepared to go ahead with 4 teams late last week as tv partners had no desire to increase payout for current teams.

Tv partners now willing to negotiate a better current deal if #big12 only expands by 2 instead of 4.

#big12 must decide to go to 14 now with current deal, or go to 12 with restructured deal. Either way, #byu is number 11.

BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 31m31 minutes ago
Everything was ready for the announcement to be today. It obviously changed. Obviously you can doubt my sources since it didn't happen today

BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 25m25 minutes ago
It sounds like big12 wants to announce all the expansion teams on the same day. So #byu will need to wait till they know the others.

BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 23m23 minutes ago
Everything I've heard today is that tv saw the final 4 teams #big12 wanted and they threw a fit. Tv wants bigger say in who is added.

BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 22m22 minutes ago
#byu has been assured they are in. It's just a matter of what MWC and AAC team/teams join them. #big12

BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 19m19 minutes ago
My source was not expecting tv to throw up the brakes today. Meeting today at #byu with the uppers was suppose to be more celebration like.

BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 17m17 minutes ago
Part of sharing what sources say is stepping out and declaring things that are planned but may switch before public knowledge.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 10h10 hours ago

BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 23m23 minutes ago
Everything I've heard today is that tv saw the final 4 teams #big12 wanted and they threw a fit. Tv wants bigger say in who is added.

A fit because it included redundant UH? and unworthy Memphis? or a worthy UConn which blows up ESPN's profitable AAC tv deal? Hmmm.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but the fact that one plane has been to Austin, Houston, Provo, Hartford and headed towards Providence in a period of a few days all coinciding with what Fluguar said if nothing else is a fascinating coincidence.

Provo, Spain?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Clearly some people didn't understand because they were responding with why UConn should move to the Big 12. I know the reasons. I'm not arguing against them. I just believe they're being overstated and I believe that there's not a reason to panic (yet) if it doesn't happen. We all know the Big 12 is not going to last in its current form beyond 2024. There will be another round where the SEC, Big Ten, ACC and Pac-12 go hunting. The world wouldn't drastically change in the next five years based on the Big 12 poaching other G5 members for personal gain.

Just as a neutral observer following this as you guys are, I don't think the sky is falling if this doesn't happen. I get folks disagree with that, but it's not irrational.

If I can be of any consolation to you, I will offer to jump off the bridges with you all if it doesn't materialize? I'll drink the Kool Aid.

Turns out the sky fell during a home game which UConn gakked away to Iowa State while Syracuse and Pitt rode off in the sunset.

It's nice that you think the Big Ten is someday going to include UConn. Anyone who can handle 4th grade math knows this isn't going to happen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's hard to decide who is the worst.

An Ohio State fan who thinks we shouldn't worry about what the Big 12 does - because there are so many other outs. We might draw that 8 of diamonds on the river!

The Texas fan who feels the need to play it halfway between defending Texas while pretending to be sympathetic to our plight.

The Florida State fan who feels the need to tell us the most blatently obvious things in the world over and over.

If we aren't in the Big 12 when the Maine game rolls around - good job by anyone else who attends. We deserve better than this garbage.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
Forgot to add to last tweet: extended GOR and contract through 2036

Fwiw also hearing this is not enough to please B12 schools as they know believe more inventory=more $$ opportunities

Hally Beezy ‏@HallyBeezy 6h6 hours ago
@MH ver3 what was the orig champ game bid?

@HallyBeezy $33m

Dillon Hamilton ‏@Dillon77 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 that would not make any sense for OU or Texas to expand the grant of rights at this point. Agree or disagree?

@Dillon77 depends on if they want stability or truly want out.

@MH ver3 Do you see the Big 12 as a sinking ship? I'm an OU fan. But in curious how long will WV be content sitting on An Island?

@Dillon77 not getting that impression now but months ago WVU/OU were talking jointly with SEC. Rumor was UT/KU were doing same with B10

@MH ver3 personally what would you like to see happen?

@Dillon77 personally? Add Uconn and BYU now-biggest brands. Wait out P12.

@MH ver3 I agree

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 @Dillon77 I could live with that. would be fun seeing 'eers and sooners in SEC country

@MH ver3 lol. I don't see that happening. B12 gonna expand and probably earn more that way

@MurrDCU yes they will. But at the cost of pissing in fox and ESPN Cheerios. Would cost B10 some ESPN $$ for sure.

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 @MurrDCU how does that cost BIG10 $$

@randywatts7 @MurrDCU ESPN trying to score B10 contract and money is tight.

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 @MurrDCU I thought that ESPN already secured BIG10 Contract. Thank you

Thomas Hobson II ‏@ThomasHobsonII 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 @randywatts7 @MurrDCU B10 contract has already been secured

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
@ThomasHobsonII @randywatts7 @MurrDCU it has. I should've worded it differently. Boils down to ESPN tight budget.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 @MurrDCU B12 contract has nothing to do with the B10. ESPN does not have a budget for 6 years from now. Nonsensical narrative

@MH ver3 it's just business. Exercising a contract all parties signed. You hearing anything about TV trying to dissolve B12 into other confs?

MH ver3 ‏@MHver3 4h4 hours ago
When you cross ESPN the ACC guts your conference and shanks you in the kidneys. Ask the Big East.

ME: Is it starting to dawn on those hilljacks that there's trouble in paradise?

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 12h12 hours ago
Next Big 12 contract will be fine as long as UT/OU are there. If they aren't there, rest of Big 12 got bump in current TV deal by expanding.

OneBuc82‏@OneBuc82
@frankthetank111 let's say OU/UT/KU leave after deal ends. Do you think the new TV deal would still be better than say AAC?

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 12h12 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted OneBuc82

Yes - no question. Any Group of 5 school is better off even in a "leftover" Big 12 than current situation.

the commish‏@anygivencommish
@frankthetank111 , except diluted per team mkt value projections for next contract may actual motivate OU and UT to leave.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 11h11 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted the commish

OU might want to leave regardless of what next TV contract is valued. UT is lone wolf that can fall back in LHN.

E. Michael Kamp‏@Epfourteen
B12 stopping at 12 also gives Texas an out with the politicians pushing for UH.They can say they gave it their all, but league stopped at 12

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 10h10 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted E. Michael Kamp

Don't know if it's that simple. UT, Texas Tech & 1 of Baylor/TCU can block Big 12 expansion completely.

Jay Drew‏@drewjay
Updated version of Big 12 expansion story, with bit more info on BYU's athletic department meeting, etc:

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 4m4 minutes ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted Jay Drew

Some background on BYU internal meetings regarding Big 12 expansion

David Ubben‏@davidubben
That said, Cincinnati can rest easiest of any Big 12 expansion candidate. Hard to see any legitimate plan not including the Bearcats.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 2m2 minutes ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted David Ubben

This is how I feel, as well. Hard to see any Big 12 expansion combo leaving out Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
Why on earth is Cincy a no brainer? I have no problem with them and they are a solid athletic department but UConn is simply way better in every single metric. We own our market and are smack dab in the middle of NYC and Boston. We are a national brand, we are a much better University (I'm aware nobody seems to care about academics) and most importantly we win a ton of national championships. We obviously blow away Cincy in this last metric, in fact we blow away every Big 12 team combined.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 19m19 minutes ago
My source was not expecting tv to throw up the brakes today. Meeting today at #byu with the uppers was suppose to be more celebration like.

BYU & UTAH ‏@BYUandUTAH · 17m17 minutes ago
Part of sharing what sources say is stepping out and declaring things that are planned but may switch before public knowledge.

I think this guy tripped up his own act.

The "meeting today at BYU with the uppers" was actually last week.

I think he read the article too fast...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd love for someone to show the math that leads to Oklahoma getting to another conference.

When you finish that impossible task - solve for Oklahoma State including what Boren has said the last 6 months.

Oklahoma made noise and then when they finally could read the writing on the wall they had nothing to say. They are totally and completely at the mercy of Texas staying in the Big 12.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why on earth is Cincy a no brainer? I have no problem with them and they are a solid athletic department but UConn is simply way better in every single metric. We own our market and are smack dab in the middle of NYC and Boston. We are a national brand, we are a much better University (I'm aware nobody seems to care about academics) and most importantly we win a ton of national championships. We obviously blow away Cincy in this last metric, in fact we blow away every Big 12 team combined.

My guess is no one is a no-brainer. We all know everyone's arguments pro and con, and the Big 12's arguments for and against expansion. Generally, when there is a complex decision that needs to be made involving a lot of independent stakeholders, the default position of "do nothing" wins. Let's hope this situation is different.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Also - anyone who didn't see the networks throwing up the brakes at handing over 9 figures to add four G5 teams to the Big 12 is lost.

It's probably right in this thread where I was shouted down when I pointed out the Big 12 had to be careful about burning their TV partners because that would impact them when their deal runs out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 expands Cincinnati is the ultimate no-brainer. They field solid to good football teams and have fertile recruting grounds.

There is never going to be a Big 12 network - so they have three criteria.

Are you good at football? Can we recruit some good players from your area? How close are you?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Also - anyone who didn't see the networks throwing up the brakes at handing over 9 figures to add four G5 teams to the Big 12 is lost.

It's probably right in this thread where I was shouted down when I pointed out the Big 12 had to be careful about burning their TV partners because that would impact them when their deal runs out.
<--lets see how this all finishes before taking victory laps. plus, we'll have to circle back in 2026 to see if hatchet was buried or the blade kept in the desk.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

The Big East learned what happens when you cross Espn. Still, if OU and Texas plan on leaving, there's not much downside to them and a case can be made that the other schools should grab the cash while they can.

Reaction Score
I'd love for someone to show the math that leads to Oklahoma getting to another conference.

When you finish that impossible task - solve for Oklahoma State including what Boren has said the last 6 months.

Oklahoma made noise and then when they finally could read the writing on the wall they had nothing to say. They are totally and completely at the mercy of Texas staying in the Big 12.

If Nebraska can get into the B1G, then Oklahoma can find a landing spot too.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 expands Cincinnati is the ultimate no-brainer. They field solid to good football teams and have fertile recruting grounds.

There is never going to be a Big 12 network - so they have three criteria.

Are you good at football? Can we recruit some good players from your area? How close are you?

Recruiting is way down the list. Markets will matter, and I believe that in the future every league will have a conference network. Broadcast networks will be about as relevant as pagers in 10 years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If Nebraska can get into the B1G, then Oklahoma can find a landing spot too.

Nebraska got into the Big Ten when the math was completely different.

This could not be any more obvious. Everything they have done since the Big Ten contracts were announced has made it clear they get this.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Recruiting is way down the list. Markets will matter, and I believe that in the future every league will have a conference network. Broadcast networks will be about as relevant as pagers in 10 years.

If you think recruting is down the list - it's no wonder why you don't ever get what is happening.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
<--lets see how this all finishes before taking victory laps. plus, we'll have to circle back in 2026 to see if hatchet was buried or the blade kept in the desk.

A: I'm not taking a victory lap - just trying to get y'all to understand how things work.

B: We don't need to circle back in 2026 - it was made clear today in a legitimate source how the networks will deal with the Big 12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom