Non-Key Tweets | Page 576 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I give this a 50/50 chance of being correct
The 4th spot is between us and Memphis and they are lining pockets
and Houston was an inside job
If it was two it was always going to be Cinncy and BYU
Just don't see how Memphis is even in the discussion from a President's viewpoint.

Whether uconn is picked or not remains to be seen. I think there are other factors in play of which Uconn might not have the ability to control.
But, that said, any dispassionate view of any metrics has to have Uconn in the top 4 of candidates and likely in the Top 2.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There is only one way Memphis gets picked. If UT and OU (The two schools deciding this) know they are leaving, see all the candidates as one in the same over the short term, and taking the ones that will take the least amount of money until they leave.

I believe the scam was referred to as a bust out in the movie Goodfellas.

Reaction Score
GREG S W A I M ‏@GS wa im · 8h8 hours ago

Top four haven't changed for #Big12 expansion, but #5 moving up on #4...

1. #BYU
2. #GoCoogs
3. #UCBearcats
4. #GoTigersGo
5. #UConn

BYU - a school with a reputation for being uncooperative, that refuses to play on Sunday and demands to be accommodated, that possesses its own modest LHN-type deal, and that has been accused of covering up rape allegations. Just what the Big 12 wants? Doubtful.

Houston - A month ago the mediots said the northern schools liked Houston the best but the Texas schools would never stand for another recruiting rival. Now that Texas and Tech have endorsed Houston, the mediots have reversed their field of play and now claim the northern schools will never allow a fifth Texas school. Only conclusion - mediots don't know anything. Houston is in the clubhouse.

Cincy - just like in Houston but in Ohio. Uninspiring but non-controversial. Thought to be the closest thing to Louisville who the Big 12 supposedly regrets not taking last time. I'd say Cincy is in too.

Memphis - This suggestion can only be seriously considered by people who have so much contempt for the Big 12 that they imagine the Big 12 would whore itself out because Fred Smith's money is the only thing that even puts Memphis in this conversation. If the Big 12 wants a lousy program in the SEC footprint they could pick Tulane instead and have an infinitely better partner, academically speaking.

UConn - The best program available but likely the third pick whose invitation is probably contingent upon the Big 12 finding a tolerable fourth. The only reason Cincy and Houston are in ahead of UConn is because they're more easily accessible and they make a complementary couple.

Pray for a viable travel partner.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17h17 hours ago
Again I have reason to believe BYU is meeting with the Big 12 this upcoming week.

loyalblue15 ‏@loyalblue15 · 17h17 hours ago
@theDudeofWV awesome. But aren't they meeting with all schools interested to hear pitches?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@loyalblue15 Good question. I would say no. They have all the data they need.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@JDFenwick1 @ChrisMack25 @GOZZER513 I think they know who the four are and are negotiating terms.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17h17 hours ago
Again I have reason to believe BYU is meeting with the Big 12 this upcoming week.

loyalblue15 ‏@loyalblue15 · 17h17 hours ago
@theDudeofWV awesome. But aren't they meeting with all schools interested to hear pitches?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@loyalblue15 Good question. I would say no. They have all the data they need.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@JDFenwick1 @ChrisMack25 @GOZZER513 I think they know who the four are and are negotiating terms.

The dude is so connected to BYU that he has to write open emails to Vanquish the Foe explaining what he knows, and even then, that blog won't corroborate or acknowledge anything he says.

Reaction Score
UConn - The best program available but likely the third pick whose invitation is probably contingent upon the Big 12 finding a tolerable fourth. The only reason Cincy and Houston are in ahead of UConn is because they're more easily accessible and they make a complementary couple.

But, if the B12 comes out of this expansion having only added parts of Cincy to their footprint, there will me major egg on the conference's face. This is why I think a Cincy/Houston expansion will need a bit more bolstering to have any impression on media partners, assuming of course that the B12 cares about its media partners.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If the leftover 8 are smart they should be parsing any numbers under a Texit with OU scenario. How does replacing OU with (insert 2 or 4 teams here) look for the renegotiatedelay contract?

Having a league with 4 Texas teams and none being UT or A&M will be undiscernable from a HD prep league as TV fodder. The eastern schools would be carrying a lot of the TV weight.

They should be planning for that.

Reaction Score
BYU - a school with a reputation for being uncooperative, that refuses to play on Sunday and demands to be accommodated, that possesses its own modest LHN-type deal, and that has been accused of covering up rape allegations. Just what the Big 12 wants? Doubtful.

Houston - A month ago the mediots said the northern schools liked Houston the best but the Texas schools would never stand for another recruiting rival. Now that Texas and Tech have endorsed Houston, the mediots have reversed their field of play and now claim the northern schools will never allow a fifth Texas school. Only conclusion - mediots don't know anything. Houston is in the clubhouse.

Cincy - just like in Houston but in Ohio. Uninspiring but non-controversial. Thought to be the closest thing to Louisville who the Big 12 supposedly regrets not taking last time. I'd say Cincy is in too.

Memphis - This suggestion can only be seriously considered by people who have so much contempt for the Big 12 that they imagine the Big 12 would whore itself out because Fred Smith's money is the only thing that even puts Memphis in this conversation. If the Big 12 wants a lousy program in the SEC footprint they could pick Tulane instead and have an infinitely better partner, academically speaking.

Pretty sure the other conferences would laugh hysterically if the Big12 went and added schools like Houston, Memphis, and Cincy. I am not promising long term stability with adding UConn, but I am saying its the Big12's only shot. 3 of the 4 have to be UConn, BYU, and Cincy. In that order. These internet hacks may not support it but consultants who charge a lot of money sure do.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the other conferences would laugh hysterically if the Big12 went and added schools like Houston, Memphis, and Cincy. I am not promising long term stability with adding UConn, but I am saying its the Big12's only shot. 3 of the 4 have to be UConn, BYU, and Cincy. In that order. These internet hacks may not support it but consultants who charge a lot of money sure do.

But djct1999, the other conferences already laugh hysterically.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
For those who have asked about UCONN's AD comments today in not being contacted by Bowlsby directly...

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire

BTM/OU contacts: Multiple Universities have knowledge, been told directly or indirectly, that they will recieve invite for Presentations.
1:31 PM - 22 Jul 2016

There is a reason why OU contacts forwarded the phrase "or indirectly" in their info dump.

Also pay attention to UCONN's AD comments of "we are expecting to hear from (Bowlsby)"...
There is a reason for this...

@MattNecci
My only answer...again I repeat...there is a reason why OU contacts used the phrase "..or indirectly" in info dump.

@MattNecci
UCONN AD did not mislead in his comments.
And he is also confident they will be "officially contacted "directly" by Bowlsby.

Spencer Freeman ‏@srfreeman25 · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire UConn, BYU, Cincinnati, Houston still the favorites?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@srfreeman25
Yes.

Reaction Score
But djct1999, the other conferences already laugh hysterically.
The Big12, with some long term thinking, can still potentially save face. The only way is to add large revenue generating athletic departments with broad market appeal. Houston, Memphis and Cincy are throw ins. Individually, they do nothing to help preserve the long term fate of the Big12. BYU and UConn can. Not saying it will happen, but BYU and UConn would at least give the conference a chance to renegotiate a tv contract the OU and Texas deem worthy of sticking around. Adding the others makes this conference a dead man walking.

Reaction Score
GREG SW AIM ‏@GSw aim 5h5 hours ago
Most talk around #Big12 today is just two teams added, with #BYU and #GoCoogs the favorites. We'll keep you posted!! #ConferenceExpansion

Interesting take from an associate, who has terrific #Big12 sources. He believes they take two now then try to poach four from #Pac12 later.

Jonny‏@ByuJon
@GSw aim Anywhere in particular? Or just in your "circles?"

GREG SW AIM Retweeted Jonny

Mostly #Big12 regional media who talk to decision makers for schools they cover.

C Russell‏@Thruandthru8
@GSw aim If they're after money then they gotta increase by 4 now. There are no guarantees with P12 teams in the future.

GREG SW AIM Retweeted C Russell

That's been talked about.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago

For those who have asked about UCONN's AD comments today in not being contacted by Bowlsby directly... https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/756587506783522816…

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/757645102269464576… There is a reason why OU contacts forwarded the phrase "or indirectly" in their info dump.

Also pay attention to UCONN's AD comments of "we are expecting to hear from (Bowlsby)"... There is a reason for this...

Matt Necci ‏@MattNecci 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire Mike Tranghese has been told that UConn will be invited to present

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
@MattNecci No comment.

Matt Necci ‏@MattNecci 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire this is exactly why he was hired by UConn, so they can be professional, classy, & diplomatic to current conference

@MattNecci My only answer...again I repeat...there is a reason why OU contacts used the phrase "..or indirectly" in info dump.

reg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
@MattNecci UCONN AD did not mislead in his comments. And he is also confident they will be "officially contacted "directly" by Bowlsby.

Spencer Freeman ‏@srfreeman25 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire UConn, BYU, Cincinnati, Houston still the favorites?

@srfreeman25 Yes.

Reaction Score
Some other people have said, but I will repeat. There is NO WAY Houston is getting invited if they only add 2. What benefit does Houston bring to the northerns schools? I don't even understand why Baylor and TCU would do it, except pressure from Texas.

Houston's shot is if they go to 14. Those schools compromise but letting them in for the exchange of UConn and Cincy, or UCONN and UCF. Something along those lines. Houston adds nothing.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Some other people have said, but I will repeat. There is NO WAY Houston is getting invited if they only add 2. What benefit does Houston bring to the northerns schools? I don't even understand why Baylor and TCU would do it, except pressure from Texas.

Houston's shot is if they go to 14. Those schools compromise but letting them in for the exchange of UConn and Cincy, or UCONN and UCF. Something along those lines. Houston adds nothing.

The only thing I can think of is if they are adding to subtract. Replacing one Texas school with another might be import to the schools that live off of Texas recruiting. That's all I got.

Reaction Score
I was listening to College Sports Radio this am during my commute and and some other guy were talking B12 expansion. Wow, they really don't get it at all. spent five minutes saying why Houston is the best, most logical candidate. footprint, facilities, coach, current football program, former Heisman trophy winner. Said the other Texas schools might not want competition for recruiting, but everything else makes too much sense. After that he thought BYU, then Memphis/Cincy and CSU. But said they should only go to two because it would dilute the revenues too much.

I wanted to call them and ask them why they thought the B12 was expanding? IT was dumb and dumber.

they said the twitter folk suggesting the B12 grab an ACC,, B10 or SEC school were clueless because those schools get a lot more money than B12. then went on to say that while a longshot, they should look at the Pac12 schools like Utah or the AZ schools.

They literally had everything wrong

That's been the broken record opinion for those guys. Something about going for the "sizzle" blah blah...

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 17m17 minutes ago
Received new BTM/OU Contacts info dump.

BTM: "in the air" data measures level of Branding of University/TV Market/Penatration of Brand into market.

BTM: "on the ground" data mostly measures impact on ticket sales for events for "core" of conference. Me: not sure what "core" means.

BTM: B12 conclusionary data collected from 2 outside firms show a clear value for the addition of BYU in "on the ground" data.

BTM: Conclusionary Data on "in the air" portion shows clear value for the addition of UCONN to the Big 12 Conference.

BTM: B12 will present questions of concerns...candidates will be told questions/instructions before meeting. Candidates will bring solutions

BTM: The candidacies of UC/UCONN were internally linked up months ago. BYU/UH are now doing the same.

BTM:Would take UT saying no expansion in total or castrophy in answering B12 concerns from 1 of candidates for UC/UCONN/UH/BYU not to happen

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 17m17 minutes ago
Received new BTM/OU Contacts info dump.

BTM: "in the air" data measures level of Branding of University/TV Market/Penatration of Brand into market.

BTM: "on the ground" data mostly measures impact on ticket sales for events for "core" of conference. Me: not sure what "core" means.

BTM: B12 conclusionary data collected from 2 outside firms show a clear value for the addition of BYU in "on the ground" data.

BTM: Conclusionary Data on "in the air" portion shows clear value for the addition of UCONN to the Big 12 Conference.

BTM: B12 will present questions of concerns...candidates will be told questions/instructions before meeting. Candidates will bring solutions

BTM: The candidacies of UC/UCONN were internally linked up months ago. BYU/UH are now doing the same.

BTM:Would take UT saying no expansion in total or castrophy in answering B12 concerns from 1 of candidates for UC/UCONN/UH/BYU not to happen

I just ordered a steel reinforced cup.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This really could end up being the mother of all nut kicks.

The worst part of this is that the real media and Internet nutjobs are pretty much on the same page with this, other than a stray Memphis prediction here and there. USF, UCF and Tulane are still mentioned, but the clear frontrunners are UConn, Houston, BYU and Cincinnati.

This is like standing behind a donkey with my legs spread and pulling on its tail. Nothing good can come of that.

Reaction Score
Only caught the end of it but there was a segment on Russillo and Kanell that they were talking about top rated college football games in the Houston market last year. The top 3 were all Alabama games and in at #4 was UT/OU. The host was saying that is ridiculous how UT/OU wasn't #1 since its the only college football game on when they play the red river rivalry. I think they then said only 3 out of hte top 10 watched college football games in the Houston market last year were Big XII games.

Said Bowlsby is aware that the SEC owns the Houston market and that adding Houston would help the Big XII get back their market stronghold in Houston.

Reaction Score
The worst part of this is that the real media and Internet nutjobs are pretty much on the same page with this, other than a stray Memphis prediction here and there. USF, UCF and Tulane are still mentioned, but the clear frontrunners are UConn, Houston, BYU and Cincinnati.

This is like standing behind a donkey with my legs spread and pulling on its tail. Nothing good can come of that.

Unless you are rooting for the donkey.

Reaction Score
Only caught the end of it but there was a segment on Russillo and Kanell that they were talking about top rated college football games in the Houston market last year. The top 3 were all Alabama games and in at #4 was UT/OU. The host was saying that is ridiculous how UT/OU wasn't #1 since its the only college football game on when they play the red river rivalry. I think they then said only 3 out of hte top 10 watched college football games in the Houston market last year were Big XII games.

Said Bowlsby is aware that the SEC owns the Houston market and that adding Houston would help the Big XII get back their market stronghold in Houston.
Or maybe it's just that UH doesn't draw good ratings in their own city. If I remember correctly, I think only 1 out of 10 of those games was a UH game (AAC Title vs Temple). The UH game vs OU week 1 will tell a lot about the Houston market you would think.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I got mine.

upload_2016-7-26_14-5-47.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members