Non-Key Tweets | Page 537 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The following are the estimates using google maps from Big12 football stadiums (not main campus) to
International Only Airports. (I know regionals are closer, but too lazy to find out flight patterns)
If you're flying, the distance from Big12 airports to Bradley doesn't mean much.
This is just to look at travel from airports to football stadiums

Houston: Hofheinz to Austin Intl - 160 mi (did not pick bush intercontinental, not intl)

Houston plays football at TDECU Stadium.
Hofheinz is the basketball arena across the street.
Bush is an international airport.
So is Hobby.
Not that it matters since college athletic conferences are domestic.
Hobby is 10 miles from TDECU Stadium (and the UH campus).
Bush is 24 miles from TDECU Stadium.
People coming to UH generally fly into Hobby if they have a choice.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not that these non-key tweets should ever be taken with more than a grain of salt, but that uninformed @gillopez3 dope is from Houston. A bit of sour grapes there that UH has no chance.

Just another moron who thinks "it's all about football". We know it is about money. Football is easier for the conferences to monetize, because a lot of the basketball money is monetized by the NCAA. But basketball, overall, makes nearly as much as football. Meanwhile, UConn is the only university in the country that has a women's basketball team that can bring real money.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How long has the Dude been saying that no team brings value to Big 12, but suddenly they all do?

Because his own stupid biases and opinions suggested that loser schools in the American couldn't possibly bring any value. Then the facts came out that, shockingly, the actual gap between the best G5 schools and the mid-level P5 schools is...not much of a gap or nonexistent.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Any analysis of flight travel times should be non-stop vs transfers. Although this matters less for FB as most teams charter.

BDL has direct flights to Dallas, Houston, Cincinnati, Denver, Pittsburgh. The rest of the B12 would be an easy connection from Dallas, Chicago or Atlanta.

Oklahoma would probably be the toughest if you couldn't transfer directly to the regional airports near campuses. The difference for them today is a 1 hr flight vs a 3 hour flight. I'm sure they also send the equipment truck ahead by ground, so that is an additional hassle. Hate to see KSU show up without uniforms because the truck got stuck in a snow bank in Illinois. But then again they may load the plane for long trips.

Reaction Score
Pizan1260 ‏@Pizan1260 May 26
@jay_256 @MH ver3 television markets talk

Don Tinker ‏@dontinker 10h10 hours ago
@Pizan1260 @jay_256 @MH ver3 and only 1 can bring a platform for a Network #ESPN #MoneyDoesTalk

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 10h10 hours ago
@dontinker @Pizan1260 @MH ver3 NYC has very little interest in college football outside of Rutgers. It's a pro town not college.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3Protected Tweets 10h10 hours ago
@jay_56 @dontinker @Pizan1260 actually the top-watched college FB team in NY in Notre Dame.

Jim Clayton ‏@UHJDC 8h8 hours ago
@MH ver3 @jay_256 @dontinker @Pizan1260 Because nobody outside of the northeast cares for northeast college football.

Pizan1260‏@Pizan1260 6h6 hours ago
@UHJDC @MH ver3 @jay_256 @dontinker um, the northeast is the most densely populated part of the country

TigerBronco‏@jay_256 5h5 hours ago
TigerBronco Retweeted Pizan1260

I live in Alabama. Ain't nothing more popular to do on a Saturday than watch CFB bc there's nothing else to do here.

Jay ‏@uconn24_7 3h3 hours ago
@jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker true about about nothing in bama. But education at Memphis t2 in a report means bottom 1/4

Michael S. Aviotti ‏@MichaelAviotti 1h1 hour ago
@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker can you please explain why Uconn was never invited to the ACC?

@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker and please explain why Rutgers was invited to the B10 but UCONN wasn't. I'll wait

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3Protected Tweets 1h1 hour ago
@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @dontinker Rutgers was AAU and smack in the middle of NYC cable market.

@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker UCONN is desperate to get in the B12 becausethe B10 and the ACC didn't want them.

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 1h1 hour ago
@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker Down goes Frazier! #TKO

@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker in spite of their prowess and success in BB, the 2 best BB conferences told them no

Michael S. Aviotti ‏@MichaelAviotti 57m57 minutes ago
@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker their football program is atrocious. But they have those fantasy NY TV sets. Haha

Don Tinker ‏@dontinker 29m29 minutes ago
@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 we also have Rings and 'ships - lots of them

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3Protected Tweets 57m57 minutes ago
@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @dontinker eyes watching don't matter-sub fees do

@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker and also pleas explain why Pitt and Syracuse were the better choice

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3Protected Tweets 59m59 minutes ago
@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @dontinker because BC blocked Uconn and Pitt and Cuse were traditional programs

@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @dontinker with history and followings.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@Expansion_Crush How come nobody gives me credit for saying ESPN would play hardball with B1G?

@Expansion_Crush How come nobody listened to me when I said B1G might not have such an way time selling 2nd half of rights?

@Expansion_Crush How come nobody listens when I said Fox bought prime match ups. Little appeal for 2nd half rights.

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV the report by Ourand said up to 250 million. So I think it's contingent on the second half. Could be a lot less.

@theDudeofWV I don't know if it's sewed up yet.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 44m44 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush I would think national games on OTA networks is kicking ESPN's ass.

Reaction Score
national games on OTA TV?

Like ABC..which is linked with ESPN through Disney?

I do not know how CBS, NBC, ABC do in terms of national viewers a year vs ESPN...but I don't believe that ESPN is "getting its ass kicked".

FSU vs Louisville plays on ABC on Sept. 17.

Ranked matchups highlight '16 ABC/ESPN kickoff

Last edited:

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
national games on OTA TV?

Like ABC..which is linked with ESPN through Disney?

I do not know how CBS, NBC, ABC do in terms of national viewers a year vs ESPN...but I don't believe that ESPN is "getting its ass kicked".

FSU vs Louisville plays on ABC on Sept. 17.

Ranked matchups highlight '16 ABC/ESPN kickoff

Don't know about ESPN getting their ass kicked, but putting multiple games on multiple broadcast networks (Fox and NBC/ABC) is a big thing for the Big10.

Reaction Score

@Pizan1260 @jay_256 @MH ver3 and only 1 can bring a platform for a Network #ESPN #MoneyDoesTalk

@dontinker @Pizan1260 @MH ver3 NYC has very little interest in college football outside of Rutgers. It's a pro town not college.

@jay_56 @dontinker @Pizan1260 actually the top-watched college FB team in NY in Notre Dame.

@MH ver3 @jay_256 @dontinker @Pizan1260 Because nobody outside of the northeast cares for northeast college football.

@UHJDC @MH ver3 @jay_256 @dontinker um, the northeast is the most densely populated part of the country

I live in Alabama. Ain't nothing more popular to do on a Saturday than watch CFB bc there's nothing else to do here.

@jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker true about about nothing in bama. But education at Memphis t2 in a report means bottom 1/4

@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker can you please explain why Uconn was never invited to the ACC?

@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker and please explain why Rutgers was invited to the B10 but UCONN wasn't. I'll wait

@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @dontinker Rutgers was AAU and smack in the middle of NYC cable market.

@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker UCONN is desperate to get in the B12 becausethe B10 and the ACC didn't want them.

@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker Down goes Frazier! #TKO

@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker in spite of their prowess and success in BB, the 2 best BB conferences told them no

@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker their football program is atrocious. But they have those fantasy NY TV sets. Haha

@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 we also have Rings and 'ships - lots of them

@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @dontinker eyes watching don't matter-sub fees do

@uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @MH ver3 @dontinker and also pleas explain why Pitt and Syracuse were the better choice

@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @dontinker because BC blocked Uconn and Pitt and Cuse were traditional programs

@MichaelAviotti @uconn24_7 @jay_256 @Pizan1260 @UHJDC @dontinker with history and followings.

@Expansion_Crush How come nobody gives me credit for saying ESPN would play hardball with B1G?

@Expansion_Crush How come nobody listened to me when I said B1G might not have such an way time selling 2nd half of rights?

@Expansion_Crush How come nobody listens when I said Fox bought prime match ups. Little appeal for 2nd half rights.

@theDudeofWV the report by Ourand said up to 250 million. So I think it's contingent on the second half. Could be a lot less.

@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush I would think national games on OTA networks is kicking ESPN's ass.

I just had a back and forth with this annoying Memphis fan Michael S. Aviotti this morning on twitter...he stopped with his BS when I brought up Memphis football pre-Fuente/Lynch. Another loud mouth bites the dust.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just had a back and forth with this annoying Memphis fan Michael S. Aviotti this morning on twitter...he stopped with his BS when I brought up Memphis football pre-Fuente/Lynch. Another loud mouth bites the dust.
Lol, can you copy and post?

Reaction Score

I can't wait for the details of the BHV results for Big12 expansion to leak out. All these "if UConn was a P5 team they'd be in the ACC" trolls are going to look really stupid. It is hard to argue with an objective numbers based assessment.

I am sure the ACC is dreading the BHV study if it concludes UConn is more valuable than many of their current properties to include several of their expansion choices. The ACC is losing for a reason...partly weaker properties, but partly bad decisions...foregoing UConn was one of those bad decision....the BHV research will likely show that.

CL82

Reaction Score
I can't wait for the details of the BHV results for Big12 expansion to leak out. All these "if UConn was a P5 team they'd be in the ACC" trolls are going to look really stupid. It is hard to argue with an objective numbers based assessment.

I am sure the ACC is dreading the BHV study if it concludes UConn is more valuable than many of their current properties to include several of their expansion choices. The ACC is losing for a reason...partly weaker properties, but partly bad decisions...foregoing UConn was one of those bad decision....the BHV research will likely show that.
The narrative of UConn value is already changing. I'm hopeful that the BHV report pushes that further. In the end, though, until we are no longer a G5 program.... we're a G5 program.

I've said this before but the notion that "the way things are is the way things will always be" is the safe harbor of little minds.

Reaction Score
Not sure B1G can get to Oklahoma without going through Kansas. Right?

@Bluevodreal @sooner2016 KU is still in play ?
9:06 AM - 27 May 2016

Reply to @McCoyShawn13 @Bluevodreal @sooner2016
    1. Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
      @McCoyShawn13 @sooner2016 never were for Big 10.

2. jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 1h1 hour ago
      @Bluevodreal your percentage chance of FSU announcing to the B1G this summer? Still above 60%? I sure hope it happens!
me: Probably a few percentage points less on the @billybud dial.

Reaction Score
The narrative of UConn value is already changing. I'm hopeful that the BHV report pushes that further. In the end, though, until we are no longer a G5 program.... we're a G5 program.

I've said this before but the notion that "the way things are is the way things will always be" is the safe harbor of little minds.

Totally agree...either you are P5 or you are not...that said, I am very hopeful UConn's shelf life on the G5 level will get a lot shorter once its market value gets identified via the BHV results.

It is amazing how many people do not understand the history of the ACC yet view its decisions as impartial and well grounded. That is the worst thing the ACC ever did to UConn. Overcoming the bias that the teams that remain G5 are G5 for a reason is a major hurdle. The good news is when it comes to UConn I do not think it is true.

Hopefully the Big12 expansion data will show the value of UConn regardless of whether the Big12 expands. An impartial number based assessment of UConn can only help our cause.

Reaction Score

I agree with you on those bad decisions...imagine if the ACC had taken UConn and Rutgers. RU still may have left for the B1G BUT that would have left Pitt.Louisville for the B-12. They would be at 12 right now and each conference would own some really good rivalries gained through expansion.

Reaction Score
Mark TigerBronco as another one down...his parting shot:
That's because UConn gets handouts. Memphis has to EARN every dollar we get. So .

My reply was : Oh so now Land Grant Institutions get handouts...

You stalking freak.

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 13h13 hours ago
These UConn freaks are like stalkers. Had to start blocking them all. Will unblock them when Memphis gets into Big 12.

CL82

Reaction Score
You stalking freak.

These UConn freaks are like stalkers. Had to start blocking them all. Will unblock them when Memphis gets into Big 12.
I had to run that Google Translate from Memphiseze into English. The result:

Aw shoot, these UConn guys make too much sense. I actually started to cry. Had to start blocking them all. Will unblock them when my mom gets home. She gets so mad when people make me feel bad about myself.​

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tunis Community has better academics than Memphis or Louisville.

I had to run that Google Translate from Memphiseze into English. The result:

Aw shoot, these UConn guys make too much sense. I actually started to cry. Had to start blocking them all. Will unblock them when my mom gets home. She gets so mad when people make me feel bad about myself.​

Reaction Score
I got blocked by both Michael Aviotti & TigerBronco this morning. Kind of ironic they blocked me after I tweeted the link to the Memphis review that was done in the Austin paper that @huskymedic put up earlier. Thanks for that Medic!! As Ice Cube says in his song...Today Was A Good Day!!!!

Love the effort

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Couldn't resist...

Mavblues‏@mavbluesProtected Tweets 36s36 seconds ago

.@Big12Conference @jay_256 UConn easily beats Memphis 5-0, eliminating Memphis from c̶o̶n̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶i̶g̶n̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ AAC tourney

8:11 PM - 28 May 2016
0 retweets 0 likes
We already beat Houston in football so...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom