Non-Key Tweets | Page 521 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
By the way, we're ready for the B10 too, when's the invite coming?
When indeed:

we've been through the 'due diligence' process already......it seems we have acceptable metrics.

B12 seems both dysfunctional and a bad cultural and geographic fit. they may or may not be around in the future.

ACC is the best fit, for above reasons. Let's hope the 'silence' is pointing in that direction.

thougthts?

Reaction Score
I had no idea there were juggalos that old.

Old? Hell...I'm the 69 that is the new 50. Pump weights three times a week and walk three miles at a quick pace another three days (sometimes with a 30 pound pack).

Not the guy I was about 50 years ago when I was Marine Force Recon ....but I sure don't feel old..

And I am now officially NED...No Evidence of Disease...beat a cancer....that makes me about 40 pounds lighter....

And sure..Juggalos and Noles are brothers...we wear face paint, go whoop, like doing a chop...

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Old? Hell...I'm the 69 that is the new 50. Pump weights three times a week and walk three miles at a quick pace another three days (sometimes with a 30 pound pack).

Not the guy I was about 50 years ago when I was Marine Force Recon ....but I sure don't feel old..

And I am now officially NED...No Evidence of Disease...beat a cancer....that makes me about 40 pounds lighter....

And sure..Juggalos and Noles are brothers...we wear face paint, go whoop, like doing a chop...
You tell em Billy. Marine Force Recon is no joke. My son is a Marine and I met some of those Recon and MARSOC guys at Camp Pendlelton a couple years ago. Those guys were in scary good shape. But more importantly, congrats on being a NED and beating the Big C!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

nice

Reaction Score
These are from M H V E R:

MHver3 ‏@MHver3Protected Tweets 3h3 hours ago

ACC network is going to cost ESPN $200 million to launch. And then cost around $1m per week to run.

ESPN is projecting a $0.50 in market subscriber fee and a $0.08 out of market subscriber fee.

It will take 3 years to show profit.

ESPN is asking ACC to cover 50% of start up and 50% of first year to run.

They want to take it out of ACC TV money and the $45m they would owe them in July.

Which would reduce ACC TV payouts by over a third of current payouts for the upcoming year.

Not exactly what member schools had in mind.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
$200 million to start the network is absurd. They could flip ESPNNews which serves no purpose for a fraction if they were serious.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
$200 million to start the network is absurd. They could flip ESPNNews which serves no purpose for a fraction if they were serious.

Perhaps this is ESPN's way of nudging the ACC to agree to an OTT app (installed on boxes such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire, etc.) to distribute the conference content instead of having a traditional network such as BTN, ESPNNews, etc.

Reaction Score

Absolutely great news, billy.

50 years ago. I Corps, near DMZ?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Perhaps this is ESPN's way of nudging the ACC to agree to an OTT app (installed on boxes such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire, etc.) to distribute the conference content instead of having a traditional network such as BTN, ESPNNews, etc.

That already exists really with Watch ESPN.

If they don't have any Big Ten - then ESPN is going to need even more ACC games on their networks.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The order of things to come:
Step1: B1G or ACC tv deal w/UConn
Step2: B12 watches the sunset as the emergence of either one ends their time in the sun.
Step3: Profit.

There is no future for the B12 if we are picked up by another conference or the ACCtv deal happens. Without UConn, FSU and Clemson, there is nothing for the B12 to do but bide their time waiting for UT to make a home with one of the P4 left. Meanwhile OU lands in the SEC and the lefts overs of the B12 merge with the AAC and Mtn West.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
That already exists really with Watch ESPN.

If they don't have any Big Ten - then ESPN is going to need even more ACC games on their networks.

Expanding the ACC by a couple of teams (ND + a school between NYC/Boston), ESPN could keep the big matchups on their primary networks ESPN/2 and move other major sports matchups and Olympic sports to the OTT network, which would be ACC branded - thus keeping their promise to the conference (appeasing FSU?).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The order of things to come:
Step1: B1G or ACC tv deal w/UConn
Step2: B12 watches the sunset as the emergence of either one ends their time in the sun.
Step3: Profit.

There is no future for the B12 if we are picked up by another conference or the ACCtv deal happens. Without UConn, FSU and Clemson, there is nothing for the B12 to do but bide their time waiting for UT to make a home with one of the P4 left. Meanwhile OU lands in the SEC and the lefts overs of the B12 merge with the AAC and Mtn West.

I can't tell anymore if stuff like this is serious.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I can't tell anymore if stuff like this is serious.

Well, yes and no.

I think those holding the chips in CRA (texas) are waiting on the outcome of the ACCN and the B1Gtv contract before making the next move. And if either of those conferences take UConn as part of their tv build out, then the B12 is dead man walking. Any combination of removing us from the chess board and/or sealing in FSU and Clemson to the ACC puts the B12 in a very compromised place.

Reaction Score

ESPN News is a valuable channel for ESPN. It generates ~$180 million of revenues for ESPN for very little production cost. They aren't giving that up for an ACC Network.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
ESPN News is a valuable channel for ESPN. It generates ~$180 million of revenues for ESPN for very little production cost. They aren't giving that up for an ACC Network.
Do you know Jim at AOL.com? He also knows a bunch about tv economics too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jay_256 (aka TigerBronco) needs an education...

jay_2563:10pm via Twitter for Android
5 things Memphis can offer Big 12 that nobody else can. FedEx, BBQ, Beale Street, Graceland and Civil Rights Museum. Lets see UConn top that

... and @Penfield --- "boiled" hamburgers. WTF?

Mark Twain House, New Haven Pizza, NECO beers, all the fortune 500 in Stamford/Hartford

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom