Non-Key Tweets | Page 520 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm supremely confident our long time in the desert is about to end.

In July we can all laugh on the B12 and how they blew it. Seriously, w/o they have no basis for a successful tv package.

ACC or B1G? one of them is coming for us in order to seal the deal on NYC.
We're DOOMED. Damn all of you.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We're DOOMED. Damn all of you.
Nope. I'm trying a new tact. I've decided its time to try the "all positive, we will not be denied!" approach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nope. I'm trying a new tact. I've decided its time to try the "all positive, we will not be denied!" approach.
doom-text-612x300.jpg

pj

Reaction Score
That guy is trolling the realignment people like Mh ver3.

ND said last month that they have no plans to deviate from their independence of football.

Notre Dame doesn't have to give up independence to contribute football content to the ACCN.

Reaction Score
...and add our last 10 years of history including the 2 Big East championships and Fiesta Bowl appearance. Oh and also include the 2 wins vs Baylor.
Not to mention
A win at ND ,a bowl win against an SEC team, and even Lat year a win against a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
Wow...how far has Syracuse fallen?

Brett McMurphyVerified account‏@McMurphyESPN
John Swofford on report that ESPN must pay ACC $45 million if ACC Network not in place by July: “I’m not going to comment on that"

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 2h2 hours ago
Chuck Carlton Retweeted Brett McMurphy

Hmmmm.

@ChuckCarltonDMN @McMurphyESPN Is that a one time payment or annual?

@theDudeofWV Here's one account offering more detail on the payment.
Is it too late for the ACC to start its own TV network?

@ChuckCarltonDMN Thanks...

@ChuckCarltonDMN The wording is odd. When the ACC GoR was announced I recall this being referred to as a one time payment.

@theDudeofWV If memory serves, that was my understanding as well. Can't believe it's an annual payment.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN Well, the ACC people say the $45m is an annual increase. A friend at ESPN says it's a one time payment.

Chris Alan ‏@Crusty1000 2h2 hours ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN @theDudeofWV Super contractual error if so

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN My ACC friends claim its annual. But I believe its a payment for not exercising an option. A one time payment.

Allen Kenney ‏@BlatantHomerism 1h1 hour ago
Allen Kenney Retweeted Brett McMurphy

is this a one-time payment, or is it annual?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@BlatantHomerism Both - one time and annual - depending on who you ask. ACC people believe its annual. Everyone else once.

Tim Legg ‏@MisterLegg 58m58 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @BlatantHomerism If it is an annual payment, that could be game, set, match. Very bad news for the Big 12's survival chances.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 54m54 minutes ago
@MisterLegg @BlatantHomerism No network for the ACC means the same thing as it does for the Big 12.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 41m41 minutes ago
My take on expansion...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 39m39 minutes ago
Okay... so add my opinion to the host of voices chirping about the Big 12:
The Big 12 May Have Their Final Four, But Expansion Hinges On Texas & The ACC

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 37m37 minutes ago
Thanks to @the_LGG for giving my take on the Big 12 a place to reside.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 33m33 minutes ago
Dollars signs open more eyes than percentage points.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 31m31 minutes ago
@louciaccia Don't look now...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 29m29 minutes ago
I really believe David Boren is trying to solidify the Big 12 for the long term.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 28m28 minutes ago
What Boren and Gee have done, if nothing else, is force Texas to show its cards concerning the Big 12's future.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 28m28 minutes ago
The potential money on the table for a Big 12 network is enough to make the pain of the LHN go away for Texas.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 27m27 minutes ago
I'm told the Big 12 might be willing to pay Texas more than $15M a year.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 26m26 minutes ago
If Texas doesn't agree to a network then at least the others know where they stand and can start planning.

And if some day the Big 12 fails for lack of a network then we will know who to blame.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 25m25 minutes ago
It's time for Texas to either commit to the Big 12 by way of a network or admit they plan something else post GoR.

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 29m29 minutes ago
TigerBronco Retweeted Christopher Lambert

Exactly why FedEx could be the deciding factor in expansion. Diamonds can satisfy a spoiled girl just as $ can Texas

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 27m27 minutes ago
@jay_256 Repeat after me... there has to be a big 12 to become a member of the big 12.

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 27m27 minutes ago
TigerBronco Retweeted Christopher Lambert

@C_Austin_Cox is who you should be getting your info from. He has direct connections to Cincinnati & Dallas, B12 HQ.

@jay_256 @C_Austin_Cox Really?

@jay_256 @C_Austin_Cox I trust who I talk to. I go with what they say. Sorry.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 18m18 minutes ago
So you like having fun with numbers? Take the Big 12's estimated network worth and play with them. What's the minimum profit necessary?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 14m14 minutes ago
UC is still 304 miles away from Touchdown City.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
It warms my heart to see FSU pop up in Big 12 discussions again but let's be serious.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
For FSU to even consider the Big 12 again it would have to have a network and a extension of the GoR.

David Longhofer ‏@dal2077 24m24 minutes ago
@the_LGG @theDudeofWV Texas Tech and TCU need to exhibit some balls & make a decision that's good for ALL of the conference.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 21m21 minutes ago
@dal2077 @the_LGG Both have their reasons. Tech needs to hitch their wagon to Bevo. TCU owes its B12 membership to Texas.

David Longhofer ‏@dal2077 13m13 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @the_LGG Actually TCU owes their loyalty to the entire conference. Without ALL our votes TCU is in the AAC.

@dal2077 @the_LGG TCU owes their Big 12 membership to Texas. As does WVU but WVU also had ESPN on their side.

Mo Persinger ‏@hmpersinger3 9m9 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV $8 million per team except for UT which will get $16 million

hristopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@hmpersinger3 Works for me.

Mo Persinger ‏@hmpersinger3 7m7 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV there's no way you can get there by adding Memphis, UC, UCF, Houston UConn or BYU

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6m6 minutes ago
@hmpersinger3 Who the Big 12 adds doesn't matter I was told.

@theDudeofWV and you believe that? Money just falls from the sky?

Mo Persinger ‏@hmpersinger3 4m4 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV why not add Marshall then? I'll bet they'd take a half or quarter share.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4m4 minutes ago
@hmpersinger3 $%$#W%@#$%@#$%@

Mo Persinger ‏@hmpersinger3 2m2 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV none of our current options is any better quality than Marshall

Mo Persinger ‏@hmpersinger3 3m3 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV oh so it does matter then?

@theDudeofWV bubbles always burst and the cable sports one is about to go

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6m6 minutes ago
@hmpersinger3 New data says that's not true.

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 15m15 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV great article Chris

@UConn6thBorough Thanks... Memphis people don't like it.

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 8m8 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV people only like to hear what they want to hear. They want you to kiss the Memphis and FedEx ring.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7m7 minutes ago
@UConn6thBorough Here's what I think. I think FedEx might have hurt Memphis. Just as Houston's season hurt them (and being in Texas).

Reaction Score
I hate even commenting on what the Dude says, but let me make one point as a business lawyer. If, as he says, ESPN met with FSU Trustees individually, than nothing that they said in those meetings can be used to give FSU "wiggle room" to get out that the other members dont' have. Why? Because Trustees as a matter of law have no power to act for a university -- they only get to vote and, collectively by virtue of their votes, direct and/or authorize officers of the entity to act. Nor do they have any power to speak for the University individually as a Trustee. Which means that there can not be an oral contract between FSU and ESPN or the ACC itself based on what was said in a meeting with an individual trustee.

So if anyone needed more proof that the Dude's main purpose here is just to pull stuff out of his butt to denigrate the ACC as punishment for not offering to take WVU ....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hate even commenting on what the Dude says, but let me make one point as a business lawyer. If, as he says, ESPN met with FSU Trustees individually, than nothing that they said in those meetings can be used to give FSU "wiggle room" to get out that the other members dont' have. Why? Because Trustees as a matter of law have no power to act for a university -- they only get to vote and, collectively by virtue of their votes, direct and/or authorize officers of the entity to act. Nor do they have any power to speak for the University individually as a Trustee. Which means that there can not be an oral contract between FSU and ESPN or the ACC itself based on what was said in a meeting with an individual trustee.

So if anyone needed more proof that the Dude's main purpose here is just to pull stuff out of his butt to denigrate the ACC as punishment for not offering to take WVU ....

I consider that one of the less ridiculous assertions the Dude has made, but to each, their own.

Reaction Score
I consider that one of the less ridiculous assertions the Dude has made, but to each, their own.

You consider what one of the less ridiculous assertions? That ESPN and/or the ACC met with individual FSU Trustees (entirely possible)? Or that such meetings could have legal effect on the contracts signed by FSU (you are obviously free to ignore my legal statements but only in this case if you don't mind being dead wrong).

Reaction Score
Who is this Jim Aol guy? Is he on Twitter? Or other message boards?

Do you feel dirty when you interact with these fools over Twitter. I think I would wear rubber gloves for fear of catching something from my keyboard. You are truly dedicated to your cause.

Reaction Score
These are from m h v e r

MHver3
‏@MHver3Protected Tweets 3h3 hours ago

Football ratings-BYU crushes everyone else except for one season for Uconn several years back

0 retweets 7 likes

MHver3 ‏@MHver3Protected Tweets 3h3 hours ago

Ratings wise-BYU and Uconn are neck and neck for Olympic sports viewership with Uconn slightly edging out BYU

0 retweets 5 likes

MHver3 ‏@MHver3Protected Tweets 3h3 hours ago

Some of the network research is in and surprise surprise-Uconn adds the most value and an estimated 10.8 million homes for higher sub fees

0 retweets 14 likes

Reaction Score
That one season has to be our trip to the Fiesta Bowl. I am surprised that our ratings that year exceeded BYU, but it should demonstrate to all of the "experts" that with a winning team we can drive sufficient football interest. When combined with our basketball success and a top DMA, we can help drive new revenue for any conference not named B1G (based on projected new deal).

Reaction Score
It is no secret that, to circumvent Florida's public meeting law, that Swofford and his media consultant met individually with each FSU Trustee (except for Joe Camps).

Swofford and the consultant also met with President Barron and made the same pitch. If something was verbally implied, it was implied to the person responsible for contracting for the institution for a GOR as well as to the individual members responsible for advising that President.

When President Barron came out of the meetings he stated...

"The huge differentiator is a network," Barron said. "The Big Ten Network is the biggest differentiator in finances going into a conference budget. I believe the SEC is busily working at it, and so is the ACC."

FSU Trustee Burr has made plain that Swofford used a ACC net as a lever to get FSU to sign the GOR.

"The ACC never projected it would have a cable channel in place by now - the earliest goals mentioned by conference athletic directors and presidents have been 2016 or 2017 - but Burr said he would like to see signs of tangible progress. He reminded the other trustees that the channel's viability was one of the reasons FSU agreed to the Grant of Rights. Before that agreement was approved, Swofford traveled to Tallahassee and met individually with each trustee to offer them assurances about the conference's future.

There was "a big commitment from the conference to this university a few years ago on that issue. I'm sure no one's forgotten," Burr said."

It is clear that Swofford used a carrot....I don't think that FSU is contemplating any action. I think that the school thinks that the partners are working diligently.

(just call me NED) whoop whoop.

Reaction Score
You consider what one of the less ridiculous assertions? That ESPN and/or the ACC met with individual FSU Trustees (entirely possible)? Or that such meetings could have legal effect on the contracts signed by FSU (you are obviously free to ignore my legal statements but only in this case if you don't mind being dead wrong).

The Dude and FSU joining the Big 12 is a refrain that has echoed over the last four years...

Dream a little dream

Stars shining by the millions
Night breezes seem to whisper 'gazillions'
Insiders quoting Boren and Gee
Dream another dream of me

Sweet dreams till networks find you
Sweet dreams that leave the playoffs behind you
And while you're pouring Texas more tea

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It is no secret that, to circumvent Florida's public meeting law, that Swofford and his media consultant met individually with each FSU Trustee (except for Joe Camps).

Swofford and the consultant also met with President Barron and made the same pitch. If something was verbally implied, it was implied to the person responsible for contracting for the institution for a GOR as well as to the individual members responsible for advising that President.

"The huge differentiator is a network," Barron said. "The Big Ten Network is the biggest differentiator in finances going into a conference budget. I believe the SEC is busily working at it, and so is the ACC."

FSU Trustee Burr has made plain that Swofford used a ACC net as a lever to get FSU to sign the GOR.

"The ACC never projected it would have a cable channel in place by now - the earliest goals mentioned by conference athletic directors and presidents have been 2016 or 2017 - but Burr said he would like to see signs of tangible progress. He reminded the other trustees that the channel's viability was one of the reasons FSU agreed to the Grant of Rights. Before that agreement was approved, Swofford traveled to Tallahassee and met individually with each trustee to offer them assurances about the conference's future.

There was "a big commitment from the conference to this university a few years ago on that issue. I'm sure no one's forgotten," Burr said."

It is clear that Swofford used a carrot....I don't think that FSU is contemplating any action. I think that the school thinks that the partners are working diligently.

It's just saber rattling. As businesslawyer said, those verbal "commitments" aren't binding on the ACC. So the GOR is the GOR, even for FSU. But FSU making noises isn't something Swofford wants.

Reaction Score

Swofford is just an employee. What are his assurances worth?

Reaction Score
The Dude and FSU joining the Big 12 is a refrain that has echoed over the last four years...

Dream a little dream

Stars shining by the millions
Night breezes seem to whisper 'gazillions'
Insiders quoting Boren and Gee

Sweet dreams till networks find you
Sweet dreams that leave the playoffs behind you
And while you're pouring Texas more tea

LOL. Maybe too much free time?

Reaction Score
My question is if a Community College like Memphis is being discussed why not just take Boise St. They are about the same academics wise, but with Boise you get a good football team. Plus they are at least the top team in there state... compared to 3rd or 4th

Reaction Score
In reply to the commish
The Real Bob Mayhew ‏@HabibHaddad 13h13 hours ago Clearwater, FL

@anygivencommish @theDudeofWV @frankthetank111 @john_shinn West Virginia was added for many reasons. Louisville has embarrassed ACC.

In reply to the commish

@anygivencommish @theDudeofWV @frankthetank111 @john_shinn WVU gave Big XII a strong foothold in the east. Watch what happens if they expand

In reply to the commish

@anygivencommish @frankthetank111 @Weeeeeh @john_shinn Given the demand for live content, look for B12N to bid out nicely. Not SEC/B1G level

In reply to the commish
The Real Bob Mayhew ‏@HabibHaddad 4h4 hours ago Clearwater, FL

@anygivencommish @frankthetank111 @Weeeeeh @john_shinn Why do think ESPN has passed on ACC so far?

The Real Bob Mayhew ‏@HabibHaddad 3h3 hours ago Clearwater, FL

@Weeeeeh @anygivencommish @frankthetank111 @john_shinn Without ND, not enough value.

The Real Bob Mayhew ‏@HabibHaddad 3h3 hours ago Clearwater, FL

@Weeeeeh @anygivencommish @frankthetank111 @john_shinn I agree Karlos. I also believe that Big 12 entering new markets helps product ie: B1G

The Real Bob Mayhew
‏@HabibHaddad 3h3 hours ago Clearwater, FL

@anygivencommish @Weeeeeh @frankthetank111 @john_shinn Take a close look at Maryland to cite one example.

The Real Bob Mayhew ‏@HabibHaddad 2h2 hours ago Clearwater, FL

@anygivencommish @Weeeeeh @frankthetank111 @john_shinn Maryland delivers DC and has improved on field product. New members rec. big $ bump.

Karlos‏@Weeeeeh 2h2 hours ago

@HabibHaddad @anygivencommish @frankthetank111 @john_shinn Did Rutgers add value?

8:42 AM - 13 May 2016

The Real Bob Mayhew ‏@HabibHaddad 2h2 hours ago Clearwater, FL

@Weeeeeh @anygivencommish @frankthetank111 @john_shinn TV eyes: Yes. On field product: Not yet. As @theDudeofWV says, It's all about eyes

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. FSU is ready for the B10? Too bad the B10 will never be ready for them
2. Why would flugs BTM know any specfics inside the B12?
3. I'm done reading the doods tweets, he doesn't even make fake predictions anymore. Plus, didn't he move to Facebok? What happened to that?
4. Jim from AOL might be my favorite troll yet, AOL... seriously... lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom