Non-Key Tweets | Page 250 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The Dude has truly gone off the reservation. Its hilarious to watch him project his true desires for WVU onto other schools that are in no way, shape, or form in the same situation as The Neers. While The Dude would give his best sheep for an SEC Invite, UM's President would laugh the entire time The SEC's Rep dragged his ass back to Dixie. What a total clown shoe. At least we knows that he's reading The BY, as he's gone back to promoting UCONN for a spot despite Big 12 Expansion being completely out of the question. Its going to be fun to watch him spin when Cincy and UCF are announced as conference members next year.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Piggish Texas politics will prevent the B12 from adding teams in the right markets to build a competitive revenue model vs other conferences over the next 20 years. And even if they do add two or four teams at this time, I still think Texas, OU and Kansas will be pondering a 2023 notice for a 2025 exit. Structurally there is nothing the B12 can do, short of a wholesale change in the culture of UT, to change the inherent instability of their smallish footprint and divided LHN/Fox contract. The diverging forces at play look a bit like the BE before total breakdown.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert retweeted
Jeff or Jeffrey Fann ‏@TalkinACCSports · 1h1 hour ago
ICYMI : What if an ACC Network doesn't happen? :
http://allsportsdiscussion.com/2015/07/03/what-if-an-acc-network-doesnt-happen/

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@TalkinACCSports Jeffery. B12 discontent isn't real. It's manufactured. Big 12 is waiting on ESPN & ACCN.

@TalkinACCSports The Big 12 wants FSU. OU wants FSU in the Big 12. So does WVU.

@TalkinACCSports There is > 90% chance that FSU is a B12 member by 2018 if ACCN doesn't drop.

@TalkinACCSports There is also 0% chance that ESPN passes on the ACCN.

@TalkinACCSports Because without FSU their ACC investment until 2027 is worthless.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 48m48 minutes ago
@TalkinACCSports What if UT caved & the Big 12 convinced ESPN to morph LHN into a B12N?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 47m47 minutes ago
@TalkinACCSports Because that's necessary for the Big 12 to expand with anyone.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 47m47 minutes ago
@TalkinACCSports UT loses money in the short term but secures the future of the Big 12 by doing so.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 46m46 minutes ago
@TalkinACCSports Based on my convos UT wants the Big 12 to last. They don't want to play in the pacific time zones & they don't want B1G.

@TalkinACCSports It's looking more & more like its going to be either the ACC or Big 12 survive. The Big 12's GoR is valid. I'm certain.

@TalkinACCSports Because each school was paid $6M for signing it & it was a condition of the new TV deal which pays them over market value.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 45m45 minutes ago
@TalkinACCSports Many people think Boren's comments were a statement of OU's dissatisfaction.

@TalkinACCSports I'm told his statements were a warning to UT that if the Big 12 is to be healthy & endure they need a CN & to expand.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 44m44 minutes ago
@TalkinACCSports And I would bet my life that the Big 12 has their sights on FSU and perhaps Clemson. That's "informed" insight.

@TalkinACCSports But one big gamble for both the ACC & Big 12.

@KilroyFSU @TalkinACCSports The ACC has a huge footprint but NC saturation & 7 private schools.

@KilroyFSU @TalkinACCSports At least 4 of those private schools have serious financial problems athletically.

@KilroyFSU @TalkinACCSports The real mystery is the ACC grant of rights.

@KilroyFSU @TalkinACCSports Everyone says it's valid officially but they are terrified of what happens if ESPN doesn't pick it up by 2017.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 43m43 minutes ago
@KilroyFSU @TalkinACCSports Long term... the Big 12 is being paid a premium with a small footprint. 4 schools have 80% of value.

Reaction Score
I like that he stated WVU also wants FSU as we all know the B-12 would not add FSU if WVU wasn't on board with it.

Everybody knows that all Big 12 decisions must go through the hills of WV for approval. LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if at The Big 12's annual meetings Texas didn't make WVU listen from outside in the hall. "Stay outside junior, adults are talking in here."

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7h7 hours ago
It's July 5th, 2015. The Astros are in 1st place, the B12 isn't expanding & UT & OU are not leaving. That is all....

Expansion Crash ‏@Expansion_Crush · 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV
But if things happen WV will be in a good spot.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush I can't talk about it. The "risk" is to great.

@Expansion_Crush I'm confident that WV is too valuable to outside the P5 under any circumstances.

WVU has too many friends in high places at ESPN, Alabama, Tenn., FSU, Clemson etc to ever be in danger. They straddle two major markets too.

@Expansion_Crush Go back to what Clemson Prez Clements said about WVU: "I will always look out for WVU."

@Expansion_Crush "I will always look out for WVU, now and in the future. - Clements said.
http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/201311140178

@SeanboSengo No. I think the message is to UT. Fold LHN into the B12N or the Big 12's future expires 2025.

@SeanboSengo Look... OU signed the GoR, the TV contract & the By laws. Their board approved it. They knew what was in it & took the money.

@SeanboSengo Boren's comments most likely had a little heat from the UL disaster. The Big 12 was supposed to add both WVU & UL. UT balked.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
@SeanboSengo But I think the real reason for Boren's statement was boosters. They can't blame Stoops so they blame the Big 12.

@SeanboSengo When OU's true problem is somehow they have underperformed with the talent they have. OU wins & all is right with the world.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
@SeanboSengo You could say 9 members of the Big 12 have a problem with no network.

Reaction Score
The Dood really needs to stop. I didn't think he could look any dumber than he already has, but looks like he did it again. I cant wait for the epic battle between The ACC led by Clemson and The SEC Superfriends over the rights to WVU. God knows neither have ever had the opportunity to land this colossus in the past. I mean they do straddle two major markets. Critter Holler, and Moonshine Gulch.

Reaction Score
UT, OU & WVU are committed to the conference long term.

Seriously, this might be the most unintentionally hilarious thing he's ever posted. Anyone notice this tweet? He's basically implying West Virginia is a cornerstone of the league. Putting him in the same stanza as Texas and Oklahoma is brutal comedy.

Reaction Score
If Fla. St. goes anywhere, it will be the B10 for obviou$ reasons. I'm sure it would be difficult to not partner with Wv, but they will get thru it. At the rate the dud is going, he will either get wv booted out of the big 12, or cause the conference to disband. He does realize they have been an also ran their entire time in the b12?

Reaction Score

Seriously, this might be the most unintentionally hilarious thing he's ever posted. Anyone notice this tweet? He's basically implying West Virginia is a cornerstone of the league. Putting him in the same stanza as Texas and Oklahoma is brutal comedy.
He's trying to be the college conference realignment edition of Kim Kardashian.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · Jul 3
For 1 reason:Because of internal state politics…UT politicians can gain GIANT IOU’s in the state legislature if it deals in Houston at B12.

Texas Roundball ‏@TexasRoundball · Jul 3
@flugempire definitely not the case. Uh is a nobody politically, not even among top 5 public power in Texas

Mike ‏@UHFan79 · 45m45 minutes ago
@TexasRoundball @flugempire Dude, you need to do a recount. Don't let your bias get in the way of reality. UH grads make 35% of Legislatre

Mike ‏@UHFan79 · 36m36 minutes ago
@TexasRoundball @flugempire That's 2nd most in legislature. With some 180 members UH has around 60. No way we get cut short like in 92 scam.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 31m31 minutes ago
@UHFan79 @TexasRoundball Huuummm...I thought the number was around 25...this is what I was told. Do you have a link to this #60?....thanks

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 13m13 minutes ago
http://www.houstonalumni.com/s/1442/2/index.aspx?sid=1442&gid=2&pgid=342#7
I was DM this link..wow..look at #7.
That can't be right can it?
If it is I understand "Big Ten Man"comments on UH

Reaction Score
Whew! I'm sure UT and OU are relieved that WVU doesn't have a realtor under contract.

Reaction Score
If Fla. St. goes anywhere, it will be the B10 for obviou$ reasons. I'm sure it would be difficult to not partner with Wv, but they will get thru it. At the rate the dud is going, he will either get wv booted out of the big 12, or cause the conference to disband. He does realize they have been an also ran their entire time in the b12?
Do you think the contiguous state requirement of the CIC is real?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 26m26 minutes ago
All the focus is the Big 12 when the real smoke is coming from the ACC. Can't you guys hear the war drums?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 26m26 minutes ago
The frustrating part for me is this...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 25m25 minutes ago
So much conjecture based on Boren's comments but what has really changed?

I tell you what... it was a foregone conclusion that the Big 12 was only secure until the GoR expired. Everybody on the planet knew that.

But all this talk about OU leaving doesn't take into account the reality of modern college football... its a business.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18m18 minutes ago
It's all about risk versus reward. It's about the instability in the market futures due to the O'bannon law suit.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17m17 minutes ago
Expansion really doesn't pay off unless a conf. network is concerned. Look at the ACC. They added 2 schools that did what to the bottom line

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17m17 minutes ago
Even the mighty SEC had CBS push back when they added TAMU and Mizzou.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
My point is that endless expansion reaches a point where its not profitable and it muddies the scheduling waters.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
Right now with the Big 12 GoR and the need to find an eastern school to balance out the conference it's too much risk.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 11m11 minutes ago
The SEC and B1G both covet the same thing. Nielsen's 24th & 25th DMAs.

JA ‏@JeremyAnthony · 17m17 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV the talk of OU leaving stems from personal feelings. OU feels like they deserve better. Unfortunately, may have missed the boat

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @JeremyAnthony I'm not sure OU feels that way. The Big 12 needs to expand. They need a conference network.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
@JeremyAnthony Boren just told UT in no uncertain terms that the LHN jeopardizes the future of the Big 12.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7m7 minutes ago
Big 12 fans should appreciate what they have. A football conference full of down to earth fans who not going to kill your trees.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
In the past few days I've been accused of pandering to the WV fans. That's not true. WV folk are a pragmatic lot.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
WV fans expect the worst. I would never let my love for my home state & WVU keep me from telling the truth.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
So I'm telling you this out of tough love. Don't listen to the rumors of OU leaving or the Big 12 expanding.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2m2 minutes ago
It's only chatter. But the Big 12 must make some changes to survive. They must convince UT to give up LHN.

It that takes OU or a school like WVU to threaten the Big 12 and wake Texas up then I wish Boren well.

But the truth is that in an environment where the B1G picks new members almost exclusively on market size (cont)

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1m1 minute ago
even a prestige program like OU isn't worth the risk of the Big 12 GoR.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1m1 minute ago
Texas gave up a lot to save the Big 12. They will have to give up LHN to save it beyond 2025.

Reaction Score
Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa 14h14 hours ago
Lots and lots of behind the scenes info today. Some repeat occurrences. Some new. Some obvious. Others not.

While the B1G is ready to give up on Mizzou, they haven't given up on Vandy. Vandy decision makers not interested but some in the org are.

BIG contacted Vandy again last week to gauge any change. Behind the scenes the SEC has all but said "go ahead, don't let the door hit you.."

B1G has more options than any other conference. All will be voted on eventually and expect calls to heat up as TV negotiations near.

B1G will add for next TV deal.

B1G has contacted many many schools and some haven't been contacted but are being vetted intensely.

OU, KU, UT, Vandy, ND, GT, UNC, Duke, UVA have all been contacted. None are even close to a lock. Many scenarios.

Also being considered by B1G due to market addition: Buffalo, UCONN, Pitt

Troy Adams‏@troybadams 10h10 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa I was with until this tweet. Not buying this. Buffalo? Really?

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa 10h10 hours ago
@troybadams yes. Really. The State University of NY or New York State. They've been laying the groundwork.

@troybadams lot of TV sets in New York.

@troybadams lot of rich Buffalo alumnus.

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa 9h9 hours ago
@troybadams b1g is all about TV sets. It isn't athletics success driven. See Rutgers. Maryland.

SEC working on expansion to add 2 but not in hurry and will wait until right time. OU, KU, KSU, OKSt, UNC, VaTech, NcSt,are all candidates.

If SEC adds it will be solely to increase geographic footprint. If ACC / B12 schools remain unavailable they will add programs to grow.

SEC rules fandom in every state they have teams in with exception of Texas and that will change over time.

The only way the B12 can survive is to beat the ACC to 16. The first to 16 wins in the SuperConference game.

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa 9h9 hours ago
Being told that some reps from the B12 met with Cincy reps in Cleveland this past week to avoid being immediately seen. Still getting info

Reaction Score

If FSU has it's heart's desire filled, it would be in the SEC; but, that is likely not to happen due to the folks in Gainesville and SEC politics. Thus, SFU will be in the ACC assuming that the XII and not the ACC folds when the P4 emerge. If the ACC folds, then I agree that the B1G will go to 20 and add UVA, UNC, G Tech and FSU plus 2 from a pile (ND, Duke, Miami, UConn, VT).

Reaction Score

I would say everyone in the XII that is not Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas are committed to the XII long-term because without the XII, the 7 other schools are in trouble, including WVU.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Can we officially ban WV twitter talk going forward? He's not plugged into anything - just a WV super fan with a lot more time to scour the web. If the Boneyard didn't watch him, not sure he'd have any followers.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I can't wait until WVU starts threatening The Big 12.

WVU- Expand or were leaving.

Big 12- That's cool. We hear Conference USA is looking for new members.
Marshall would never allow it. Most likely Sun Belt Bound.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom