Non-Key Tweets | Page 248 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I am trying to read more and post less here. However, this would not be awesome, or likely even acceptable, to ND.

Why do people keep coming up with scenarios that would link ND to Big Ten schools and try to force the football program into a conference, the last places it wants to be, ever??

Because we can. We can think what ever we want and it still won't mean a thing to the actual outcomes. If I want to, I can come up with a scenario for just about anything, including Georgia and Florida in the Pac12. Doesn't mean that it will become reality.

No matter who much you want to deny it, ND is linked to the Big10 by their geography. They both share the state of Indiana, Southwestern Michigan, and Chicago. They will always be linked by their histories and traditions. People will naturally think that there is a good reason for ND to be part of The Big10 and blabbering on why this will never happen in a northeastern school's fan website is just as useless as complaining about linking ND to the Big10.

Reaction Score
Because we can. We can think what ever we want and it still won't mean a thing to the actual outcomes. If I want to, I can come up with a scenario for just about anything, including Georgia and Florida in the Pac12. Doesn't mean that it will become reality.

No matter who much you want to deny it, ND is linked to the Big10 by their geography. They both share the state of Indiana, Southwestern Michigan, and Chicago. They will always be linked by their histories and traditions. People will naturally think that there is a good reason for ND to be part of The Big10 and blabbering on why this will never happen in a northeastern school's fan website is just as useless as complaining about linking ND to the Big10.
Yep, it irritates alot of ND fans but it is hard to deny because of geography and history with some members(Big 10) it does seem to make sense. Not advocating for it just get why people project it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks the B1G, is beyond ND at this point? FB aside they are going to break the bank in TV $. Why would they want a prima dona small private non-research school with a two time history of undermining conference unity in their midst when they can expand their big public identity.

I would say U Chicago in or Northwestern out before ND ever joined.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks the B1G, is beyond ND at this point? FB aside they are going to break the bank in TV $. Why would they want a prima dona small private non-research school with a two time history of undermining conference unity in their midst when they can expand their big public identity.

I would say U Chicago in or Northwestern out before ND ever joined.
Safe to say both have moved in different directions.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I am trying to read more and post less here. However, this would not be awesome, or likely even acceptable, to ND.

Why do people keep coming up with scenarios that would link ND to Big Ten schools and try to force the football program into a conference, the last places it wants to be, ever??

This is pure geography here. 80 schools-4 conferences-16 divisions. That's it. Nothing more...nothing less.

Reaction Score

I'm assuming that @31GuardTrap is a Uconn fan who is posting on a Uconn forum built for Uconn fans to talk about Uconn and everything pertaining to Uconn. I also assume that he was concocting an "awesome" conference alignment from the perspective of a UConn fan. I'm also assuming that this "awesome" alignment post, along with virtually every post by a member without "nd" somewhere in their handle, was made without any regard or consideration for what Notre Dame or its fans, think or would find "acceptable."

We get it. ND is independent, the B1G is beneath it, it's never gonna happen. Why you all waste so much time lecturing us about it is mind-boggling.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I don't take ND's wishes or desires into account in anything I do. UConn related or not. It's college football and as a college football fan first and foremost, this is what I and only I would "like" to see. Of course it won't happen.

Reaction Score
Well, it makes just as much sense based on reality and the wishes, strategies and decisions of all parties to come up with this football conference if we are all predicating things on just geography and history:

UConn
UMass
Temple
Lehigh
Stony Brook
Rhode Island
Maine
New Hampshire

That makes for a nice geographically sensible conference with some past, shared history. I guess that some people might "like" to see that one, too.

It has no basis in reality or the status, decisions and desires of UConn. But hey, there are no rules in fantasy land, right?

Of course, it won't happen.

Reaction Score
Well, it makes just as much sense based on reality and the wishes, strategies and decisions of all parties to come up with this football conference if we are all predicating things on just geography and history:

UConn
UMass
Temple
Lehigh
Stony Brook
Rhode Island
Maine
New Hampshire

That makes for a nice geographically sensible conference with some past, shared history. I guess that some people might "like" to see that one, too.

It has no basis in reality or the status, decisions and desires of UConn. But hey, there are no rules in fantasy land, right?

I'm too tired. Call yourself an idiot. :rolleyes:

dayooper

Reaction Score
This is pure geography here. 80 schools-4 conferences-16 divisions. That's it. Nothing more...nothing less.

Love your handle. Was 22/23 power trap in my high school and college offense and now call it 20/21 spin trap, but we no longer teach the QB to spin, just how it's called in a split veer offense.

Reaction Score

UConn
UMass
Temple
Lehigh
Stony Brook
Rhode Island
Maine
New Hampshire

You're not crazy. I would want to see a conference with just UConn, UMass, UNH, Maine, Temple, and URI. A home and home every year for every team, just like the NFL. Of course, we would need a miraculous level of improvement for all these teams... sigh.

Reaction Score

UConn
UMass
Temple
Lehigh
Stony Brook
Rhode Island
Maine
New Hampshire

1-0

dayooper

Reaction Score

UConn
UMass
Temple
Lehigh
Stony Brook
Rhode Island
Maine
New Hampshire

Several of those schools will either have to move up or move down a division. If they all were FCS, that would be a hell of a conference. Great local teams and a true north east conference. (Not saying UConn should move down or anything like that).

That being said, if a UConn fan would come to a ND website talking about ND to the Big10, you would have a point. This isn't. It's a group of people who don't understand, nor probably care to understand ND's issues with the Big10. In fact, I would guess most people here find this schtick to rather annoying. So pardon our indifference toward your plight.

Reaction Score
The way I see it, ND was a member of the Big East until it was ravaged. ND is now a member of the ACC. I suppose some might consider the B1G a hopeful or logical next landing spot for ND while others might be content in the ACC. Lofty expectations, but not beyond reach.
ND, BC, Pitt, Syracuse. No difference.

Reaction Score
I do like regionality as a base for a conference....it is the strength of the SEC.

When a conference stretches from 50 miles from the Canadian border to 50 miles from the Bahamas...it makes much less sense...in rivalry formulation, in commonality, in fan interaction.

Yes...there should have been an eastern conference, a southern conference, a midwestern conference, and a western/plains conference.

Reaction Score

Terry...many here think your rational but few care what ND cares or thinks about ANYTHING!! Please try to keep your teams feelings out of the equsion here re CR. IOW's keep it UConn oriented as a rule if you can please.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Kinda funny...all I did was group 80 teams that play at the D-1 level into 4 conferences mostly by geography using the big round globe on my desk and in typical fashion.....a ND fan gets all riled up because I associate them with the Big 10. If you look closer you will see that not ALL current Big 10 teams are even in the same fantasy land scenario. I have no removed ND from the "Northeast" conference and replaced with Toledo. ND is now free to be an Independent but under the new rules.....cannot schedule an NCAA sanctioned game vs one of the 80 aforementioned squads.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Love your handle. Was 22/23 power trap in my high school and college offense and now call it 20/21 spin trap, but we no longer teach the QB to spin, just how it's called in a split veer offense.

Thanks. It was the only play that our fullback actually gained anything on. Occasionally, the 36 belly went for a few yards.

Reaction Score
The way I see it, ND was a member of the Big East until it was ravaged. ND is now a member of the ACC. I suppose some might consider the B1G a hopeful or logical next landing spot for ND while others might be content in the ACC. Lofty expectations, but not beyond reach.
ND, BC, Pitt, Syracuse. No difference.
With all the juice ND has nationally and internationally you'd think they would have had no problem if they were truly team players keeping the OBE together and thriving if they were so inclined. Independence in FB mattered more to them than rallying their resources into keeping the BE thriving so they slipped out the back door aiding instead the other conference in the SEC footprint. With friends like that who needs enemies....well who here cares about ND?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Conference realignment thread evolution in 20 simple steps.

1) A fact occurs.
2) Poster (OP) notes fact and explains how, in his opinion, the fact improves UConn's chances on joing a new conference, no matter how tenous or imaginary that connection might be.
3) OP gets many likes.
4) Poster 2 (P2) says that OP's interpretation is wrong and that fact will negatively impact UConn
5) Poster 3 (P3) notes that any fact which remotely relates to realignment must ultimately screw UConn due to CR rule#1.
6) P3 gets many likes.
7) Poster 4 (P4 -usually an ACC fan) denies fact ever occurred in the first place.
8) Board debates points.
9) Poster 5 (P5 - ugh), and I won't name names, enters thread and states that the fact's occurance or non- occurance is proof that we should drop football.
10) Everyone tells P5 to shut up.
11) Mandatory FS1 ratings discussion.
12) P4 discusses ACC basketball non-sequitor.
13) Poster 6 (P6) in discussing P4's post makes a vague reference to ND
14) Everyone else on the board groans.
15) Poster 7 (P7 a B1G fan) Talks about how the B1G ship has sailed for ND, but ND would be smart to beg for admission.
16) Everyone else on the board groans.
17 ) Poster 8 (uh let's just call him Terry) appears nearly instantanously to tell us that ND will NEVER join the B1G.
18) Everyone else on the board groans.

19) Poster 9 comes in and indignently announces that CR is dead.
20) Rinse and repeat.

Just saying.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Finally someone who is making some sense.

Austin American-Statesman sports columnist Kirk Bohls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom