2024 Recruiting: - Nolan Traore | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Nolan Traore

Reaction Score
They aint mysterious anymore. When are we going to get an American born MVP? Maybe SGA this year, but league is owned by euros/internationals.

Jokic,
Doncic
Giannis
Embiid (american now, but African)
Wemby

Best under 30 American players are SGA, Tatum, Anthony Edwards.
No love for Brunson?

Reaction Score
FYI In the portal listing regarding Roumoglou, Seydou Traore is transferring from Manhattan, was at Our Savior in NY, and is from France. 6'7 215lbs. I'd be hard pressed at the coincidence if they are not closely related. This suggests the family likely has much more direct insight to ncaa basketball than I assumed, and, that guys like Tom Moore/Kimani, likely have numerous connections through NY community.
No relation to Nolan Traore. It's a pretty common last name in France. Nolan's brother Armel is in the 2024 NBA Draft though and was a teammate of Victor Wembanyama

pj

Reaction Score
I thought the nil was not available for international players???

If they don't have US work visas then they can't be paid by US employers. But, they can be paid by any non-US source. It is not an NCAA rule, it is a US government law.

Reaction Score
I thought the nil was not available for international players???
that's the comment i was responding to. NIL not available for foreign players in the US, thus it could level the playing field in that regard

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd be truly impressed if Matrim has this first. I think it's fair to be skeptical until an established source confirms it.

Reaction Score
I'd be truly impressed if Matrim has this first. I think it's fair to be skeptical until an established source confirms it.
I mean it’s not really going out on a limb to say we reached out to him. I’m sure we did even without Matrim saying anything. Chances are we’ve gauged interest. But we’ve probably done that with a bunch of guards and wings. I mean we were on boogie Flands contact list.

Doesn’t mean we should assume there’s any traction

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I mean it’s not really going out on a limb to say we reached out to him. I’m sure we did even without Matrim saying anything. Chances are we’ve gauged interest. But we’ve probably done that with a bunch of guards and wings. I mean we were on boogie Flands contact list.

Doesn’t mean we should assume there’s any traction
He's clearly saying this was more than a due diligence call.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
So do I, and I take zero offense to those who are.

That said, I’ve heard from folks I trust that we’re in legit pursuit of this kid. And given our roster needs and Borges’ reporting last week it all adds up. So, to me, the kid seems worth a thread.

To be clear: I have zero contact with the staff, and I have no idea if we lead, of if this kid is first on our board, or anything like that.

Reaction Score
He's clearly saying this was more than a due diligence call.
I thought I read it as were recruiting him.

If so. Again that not going out on a limb. He’s a talented player at a position of need. Of course they’re checking in on him/recruiting him.

Reaction Score

That said, I’ve heard from folks I trust that we’re in legit pursuit of this kid. And given our roster needs and Borges’ reporting last week it all adds up. So, to me, the kid seems worth a thread.

To be clear: I have zero contact with the staff, and I have no idea if we lead, of if this kid is first on our board, or anything like that.
Have you heard if we have any focus outside of this kid, Mcneely and Brea? Seems like those 3 are the big guns we’ve focused resources then.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Hope you're right.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Have you heard if we have any focus outside of this kid, Mcneely and Brea? Seems like those 3 are the big guns we’ve focused resources then.
I’ve been open about what I’m hearing re: McNeeley — it’s in those threads. Haven’t heard much about Brea but it would surprise me if we weren’t heavily involved.

Reaction Score
FWIW, locked on zags (Gonzaga) posted a video about Traore as a prospective commit a month ago. Perhaps they made first contact.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think the point of this thread is to start discussing the possibility and intrigue of him as a UConn recruit?

Isn’t that why we have threads on UConn targets, whether it’s the first time we’ve reached out or the 50th, we talk about the interest we have in UConn recruiting him…?

If we were content to just let things play out instead of speculating for days on end, why would we be here?????

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Do we know how seriously he is considering us? He wouldn't be able to make any NIL in the states, correct?
He can get a bag as long as he isn’t standing in U.S. soil when it happens

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m not so keen on the current American coaching and development at the youth level. With ignite shutting down and college players generally getting more money and exposure, I wonder if this will be a constant theme bringing in highly touted sure fire draft pick international prospects.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Shows that the American developmental system is broken
We just won the championship with an all-American born starting 5 - reports of American ball's death are greatly exaggerated.

Reaction Score
We just won the championship with an all-American born starting 5 - reports of American ball's death are greatly exaggerated.
And yet we've finished 7th and 4th in the last two FIBA world cups.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom