2024 Recruiting: - Nolan Traore | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Nolan Traore

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Big French combo guard, basically a top-10 level recruit. Here's Hollinger from a week ago:

That’s about to change, as he signed with Saint-Quentin in the top division of the French league for the remainder of the season. He’s being recruited by U.S. colleges as well, with Gonzaga, Xavier and Alabama in the mix, and the Australian NBL’s Next Stars program has him in its sights as well.

Wherever he ends up, he’s a new face on the 2025 draft board who has established himself as a lottery-level talent. We knew about Flagg, Bailey, Harper and Edgecombe, but Traore is worth putting in that discussion now too.

You see he listed a few colleges recruiting him? There's one he left out. :)

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
He's showing up pretty high in some of those draft boards. I'd be surprised if he takes the college route...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Big French combo guard, basically a top-10 level recruit. Here's Hollinger from a week ago:

That’s about to change, as he signed with Saint-Quentin in the top division of the French league for the remainder of the season. He’s being recruited by U.S. colleges as well, with Gonzaga, Xavier and Alabama in the mix, and the Australian NBL’s Next Stars program has him in its sights as well.

Wherever he ends up, he’s a new face on the 2025 draft board who has established himself as a lottery-level talent. We knew about Flagg, Bailey, Harper and Edgecombe, but Traore is worth putting in that discussion now too.

You see he listed a few colleges recruiting him? There's one he left out. :)

Reaction Score
I get a huge Cam vibe while watching this video. Hits the three, but is also comfortable driving and either going to the hoop or hitting the mid-range jumper. A few inches shorter, but still tall enough at the guard position.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
He's showing up pretty high in some of those draft boards. I'd be surprised if he takes the college route...
He's not eligible until the 2025 draft. He's spending his next year playing hoops somewhere, and we're putting guys into the lotto every year... pretty clear how we're pitching him.

Reaction Score
From an article on 2025 and 2026 draft prospects at the Nike Hoops Summitt, including write ups on our Duke friend who shall not be named and AJ Dybantsa

Nike Hoops Summitt Prospects

Nolan Traore

Traore was the biggest surprise this week during practice. The 6-3 point guard is the next one up out of France and his playing style, and the way he spaces the floor, matches the NBA game well. The majority of his teammates were playing with him for the first time and were more than impressed.

"Nolan Traore is the best point guard I’ve ever played with, and I learned so much from him this week and how he sees the game," Baylor commit VJ Edgecombe said after the game. "He's not going to talk much, but he's going to lead and facilitate. France has a good one, for sure. Plus he’s fast as hell.”

Traore finished with 18 points and four assists and was so good at reading the pick-and-roll and attacking the mismatch off the dribble. The elite talent coming out of France isn't slowing down anytime soon, and Traore is now an early projected lottery pick in the 2025 NBA Draft.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Wondered how tall he is and a quick search told me 6'3, 6'4 and 6'5. So now you know.

Reaction Score
It's the mysterious aforementioned European!
They aint mysterious anymore. When are we going to get an American born MVP? Maybe SGA this year, but league is owned by euros/internationals.

Jokic,
Doncic
Giannis
Embiid (american now, but African)
Wemby

Best under 30 American players are SGA, Tatum, Anthony Edwards.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
They aint mysterious anymore. When are we going to get an American born MVP? Maybe SGA this year, but league is owned by euros/internationals.

Jokic,
Doncic
Giannis
Embiid (american now, but African)
Wemby

Best under 30 American players are SGA, Tatum, Anthony Edwards.
Shai's Canadian.

Reaction Score
Do we know how seriously he is considering us? He wouldn't be able to make any NIL in the states, correct?

Reaction Score
It's the mysterious aforementioned European!
Yeah this must be the answer to the Borges international player mention.
If Karaban goes (or if he stays), UConn will be in the market for a shooter, with Cam Spencer and Tristen Newton both out of eligibility. The Huskies will more likely fill that need through either a 2024 recruit or an international player.

Reaction Score
Would someone remind me the exact phrasing of Borges mention? That we were recruiting a European for the upcoming class ?

Reaction Score
Would someone remind me the exact phrasing of Borges mention? That we were recruiting a European for the upcoming class ?
From the Borges article

Elsewhere, it remains to be seen what other holes the Huskies need filled. A lot depends on the decision of Alex Karaban, the 6-8 shooter who is a bit of an NBA Draft 'tweener (possible late-first round, more likely second round or undrafted). If Karaban goes (or if he stays), UConn will be in the market for a shooter, with Cam Spencer and Tristen Newton both out of eligibility. The Huskies will more likely fill that need through either a 2024 recruit or an international player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom