'Nobody cares' | Page 3 | The Boneyard

'Nobody cares'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Right. that was one of my points. You can't plan. You're treated like a liece of furniture by the Athletic Department, but the tv people, by everyone. You might be willing to put up with it when the team is good, but when watching them is almost a painful experience, fewer people will accept that treatment.

Hate to agree but this is 100% accurate. Casual fans ARE NOT leaving a whole day open around UConn football. Not happening, yet anyways.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hate to agree but this is 100% accurate. Casual fans ARE NOT leaving a whole day open around UConn football. Not happening, yet anyways.
1) Win
2) Market
3) ????
4) Profit

Reaction Score
You may have to cancel a dinner reservation.

People on this board want everyone to have the same passion toward UConn football. We're just not there yet. My coworker season ticket holder whose brother PLAYED at UConn, I pointed her to this board and you what her reply was? "A lot of nuts there huh?" She had no idea what the boneyard was. That is a huge segment of our fan base at the moment. That segment is not leaving all day open for UConn football, not to mention her kids play sports and are middle school age.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Season ticket holder since the last year of Memorial Stadium. Next year will be my last year. It was a fun ride but conference realignment has really killed my appetite for the sport. When we first started, it seemed like we had nowhere to go but up and our ceiling was unlimited. We were in a power conference. Then CR came in to play and we were burned at every turn. Every turn. This hurt in season and out of season and our ceiling got lower and lower.

Then we won the Big East and went to the Fiesta Bowl. You would think this would have been a good thing! All it turned out to be was a month long anti-Big East festival where ESPN seemed to go out of their way to showcase us, not as the lovable underdog, but as the reason for all of the problems with the BCS. We were "the worst team to ever make it to a BCS game". We "even lost to Temple"! We wouldn't travel well - not to get off on a tangent but it took a major effort (financially and otherwise) to get from Bradley to Phoenix to face a potential blowout. We should have played FSU in the Orange Bowl...

To top it all off, we did lose to OU, confirming everyone's derision. Then...to top that! we lose our head coach the next day to his "dream job" at Maryland, an ACC team!

Anyway, I don't look forward to going to the games anymore. My wife no longer wants to go if the temperature is lower than 70 degrees and I eat a lot of tickets. Somehow over the past 3 years the average age of the people in the 6 rows in front of me has gone from 40something to 90something and they don't even stand up for third downs. Screw it. I'll cherry pick a few games after next year and go to the bowls. That's good enough. I put in my time...

I hear ya, maybe things will improve and you will reconsider. Your wife sounds like mine, a non UConn grad, football fan, but hater of cold weather. Glad you are honoring the 3 year seat commit, and tejoice in the fact that Count Dracula will be gone by Thanksgiving. Maybe even Colmbus Day! (A boy can dream)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Give it a rest Drew! We get it! Go organize a sit in or something in front of WM or SH office demanding that they pick up the stadium and move it to the Hill. We get it!

Not many here disagree - pissing in our ears every chance you get won't change it.

this is a thread about why nobody cares. this is essentially the main reason (besides us sucking) that nobody cares. I didn't start the thread but if you ask why most of the students dont care thats why. I even said im not hijacking a thread. Calm down dude.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Gotta have a reason to believe.

Gotta win. It's the only thing that will save us now. We don't win, UConn slowly fades to black in college sports.

We'll be the niche women's basketball school. To me, a fate worse than having nothing prideworthy at all. Such a fate is already used to mock us constantly.

This is for real pride in my school. I hate myself for writing it, but pride in my school is at stake here.

We absolutely must never accept losing. We gotta win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom