No White, No Larrier ... Robinson is a must get | Page 5 | The Boneyard

No White, No Larrier ... Robinson is a must get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Can we really call it a miss? If the rumor is true, it's not a miss. That's a big IF though. He has an official visit coming up. They wouldn't burn one of those if they were cool on the kid. The word from that coach is perplexing to say the least.

I think it is a miss IF this turns out to be true - the only reason I could see KO backing off is if he thought he was out of the race which would mean we missed IMO. The other theories (don't want another wing, etc) seem much less likely than us backing out when Rob Johnson committed to IU because that is a huge momentum swing in their favor. That said, I don't really buy this rumor at all.

Reaction Score
I think it is a miss IF this turns out to be true - the only reason I could see KO backing off is if he thought he was out of the race which would mean we missed IMO. The other theories (don't want another wing, etc) seem much less likely than us backing out when Rob Johnson committed to IU because that is a huge momentum swing in their favor. That said, I don't really buy this rumor at all.

Ollie has shown absolutely not a car in the world at the prospect of finishing second. That's the scenario I most doubt. Shying away because of a perception.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It appears we have "cooled down" on Robinson for some reason. May be Indi bound.

I assume that this is coming from the "source" you hear things from from time to time (not the voices in your head).

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Ollie has shown absolutely not a car in the world at the prospect of finishing second. That's the scenario I most doubt. Shying away because of a perception.

I agree - I think this is all just a rumor and we will remain hard after DRob. My point would just be that if we do finish second again, it's a little worrisome. I know the restrictions played a part through the summer period and I have full faith that with an even playing field Ollie will show his true recruiting ability (which I believe is excellent) but considering how crucial this class is - and specifically this position - missing would really sting.

Reaction Score
"I just wanna thank god for waking me up this morning"
A recent tweet by Ollie, quoted by Devin Robinson today. Hmmmmm

Reaction Score
A recent tweet, quoted by Devin Robinson recently. Hmmmmm
Have to think that is a good sign for UConn.

Reaction Score
I was talking to an Indiana fan on the rivals national board, and he seems to think Notre Dame is leading for Devin. I found this surprising.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I have no read on Robinson. My instinct says he's still wide open.

I'm on a hot streak. I only guessed incorrectly on Snider. I got Perkins, Abu, Newberry, and Larrier correct. I'm no insider...lol. All I'm doing is guessing based on direct quotes from the player as reported by others.

Reaction Score
I was talking to an Indiana fan on the rivals national board, and he seems to think Notre Dame is leading for Devin. I found this surprising.

Send him a few videos of Mike Brey's team.

Who is the last ND impact player in the NBA?

Can't think of one. Troy Murphy a PF?

Reaction Score
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/400845-irish-in-the-hunt-for-top-20-recruit

07:21 AM ET 09.20 | What a difference a few years makes for 6-foot-8, 186-pound small forward Devin Robinson. A virtual unknown three years through high school, Robinson has rocketed to a Top 20 national recruit with a who's-who final five college wish list. Dozens of coaches have phoned Thompson trying to get involved with his prized player. ... Robinson was due to arrive in South Bend on Thursday night for an official visit to Notre Dame that starts Friday. He spent last weekend at Oklahoma State. After seeing Notre Dame, he will visit Indiana (Oct. 4), Florida (Oct. 11) and Connecticut Oct. 18). There is no leader. There is no timetable for a decision. "Everything is going well with those five," [high school coach Ben Thompson] said. "He's pretty wide-open with each of them."

Site might not be the most reputable, but if it's to be believed DRob still is considering us and doesn't have a strong favorite.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
A recent tweet by Ollie, quoted by Devin Robinson today. Hmmmmm

Can someone explain this to me?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Ollie tweeted that a few days ago. Robinson repeated the words in his own tweet. In other words, he read Ollie's quote and repeated it. This definitely means he is coming to UConn.

Didn't realize that; thanks.

EDIT: What the hell; I completely missed the original part in the post about Ollie having tweeted that a few days ago. I'm a wreck; we need a commitment soon to get me back on track.

Reaction Score
Ollie tweeted that a few days ago. Robinson repeated the words in his own tweet. In other words, he read Ollie's quote and repeated it. This definitely means he is coming to UConn.

Depending on who you follow you'll see that same tweet repeated throughout your timeline. Its not an "Ollie-ism".

Reaction Score
Didn't realize that; thanks.

EDIT: What the hell; I completely missed the original part in the post about Ollie having tweeted that a few days ago. I'm a wreck; we need a commitment soon to get me back on track.
Me too. I was commenting on how it's a good sign for UConn that Robinson woke up. Didn't see the part about Ollie.

Reaction Score
Depending on who you follow you'll see that same tweet repeated throughout your timeline. Its not an "Ollie-ism".

As long as Ollie took it from Ray Allen, the narrative stands!

I am of course only joking. Did Robinson get it from somewhere else? Is this trending?

Reaction Score
Send him a few videos of Mike Brey's team.

Who is the last ND impact player in the NBA?

Can't think of one. Troy Murphy a PF?

I have no idea why anybody would go to Notre Dame. That would be even more perplexing to me than Abu going to N.C. State.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I have no idea why anybody would go to Notre Dame. That would be even more perplexing to me than Abu going to N.C. State.

Hey, ND had the BE POY a few years back...

:rolleyes:

Still sour about that. Where's Benny now? what a joke

Reaction Score
Update from TOS:
Devin Robinson took an official visit to Notre Dame over the weekend and the weekend before that he was at Oklahoma State. Other than knowing that information and that still has visits coming to Florida, UConn and Indiana, things are pretty unclear with the No. 20 player in the country. In fact, sources close to the situation indicated that Robinson's high school requested that schools refrain from coming in to see him this week so that he and his family could have some time and space to clear their heads and take a look at what's next in the process. The Hoosiers have been most often mentioned as a possible leader for Robinson, but there is not a lot of concrete information floating around on him.

Reaction Score
Update from TOS:
Devin Robinson took an official visit to Notre Dame over the weekend and the weekend before that he was at Oklahoma State. Other than knowing that information and that still has visits coming to Florida, UConn and Indiana, things are pretty unclear with the No. 20 player in the country. In fact, sources close to the situation indicated that Robinson's high school requested that schools refrain from coming in to see him this week so that he and his family could have some time and space to clear their heads and take a look at what's next in the process. The Hoosiers have been most often mentioned as a possible leader for Robinson, but there is not a lot of concrete information floating around on him.

The reason why the family requested this is that the Oklahoma St coaching staff was there to meet him at the Richmond airport when he returned from South Bend.

So, Oklahoma st. is out of the running. Dumb stunt.

Reactions: caw

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The reason why the family requested this is that the Oklahoma St coaching staff was there to meet him at the Richmond airport when he returned from South Bend.

So, Oklahoma st. is out of the running. Dumb stunt.

is that true? Obviously, you wouldn't say it if it wasn't, it's just very inappropriate to the point of being nearly shocking to me. Did they say they ruled them out?

Reaction Score
is that true? Obviously, you wouldn't say it if it wasn't, it's just very inappropriate to the point of being nearly shocking to me. Did they say they ruled them out?

It was reported by Peegs.com. The family didn't say anything in specific. I only guessed that given the family's request for coaches to stop coming in to see him. It's one thing to say no contact (by phone, text, etc.) but to put out a request not to "see him," that's strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom