No White, No Larrier ... Robinson is a must get | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No White, No Larrier ... Robinson is a must get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only reason anyone is a "must" get is to have hopes the Debbie-Downers will STFU..........we're fine! May be a tougher road for KO and staff but with time and adjustment they will be back and strong, no worries........

Ten Toes In..........We are Uconn :D
Exactly. We have good returning players and a pretty decent recruiting class. We'll be a little weak up front but we went 20-10 being a little weak up front last season. IMO, our biggest need is a quality PG next season. UConn will be fine.

Reaction Score
I've always thought Devin Robinson is a must get. He's the perfect replacement for Deandre but might already have a better jumpshot

Reaction Score
Exactly. We have good returning players and a pretty decent recruiting class. We'll be a little weak up front but we went 20-10 being a little weak up front last season. IMO, our biggest need is a quality PG next season. UConn will be fine.

Wow a lot different than the besebol board huh?:D....lol

Reaction Score
I asked D Rob on twitter how the visit went and his response was "it was cool"

kinda just have to take that for what it is

Reaction Score
    1. Notre Dame Hoops@NDHoopsRecruits 2h
      MT @tnoieNDInsider No commitment timetable or leader says Devin Robinson's coach, Ben Thompson. #NotreDame solid in mix.

12:29 PM - 19 Sep 13 · Details
      Tweet text
      Reply to @NDHoopsRecruits @tnoieNDInsider

Image will appear as a link
  1. Tom Noie@tnoieNDInsider 2h
    Top 20 recruit Devin Robinson is scheduled to travel to South Bend on Thursday for official visit to #NotreDame, which starts Friday.

Expand
  2. Nick Jenkinson @njenkinson1 9h
    Looks like the Hoosiers are down to Goodluck Okonoboh and Devin Robinson in terms of getting a Front Court player for 2014 we need somebody

Expand

With Hoosier target Whitehead going to Seton Hall, they are down to Robinson at the wing positions.

Reaction Score

1. [ ]

1. [ ] Notre Dame Hoops@NDHoopsRecruits 2h
      MT @tnoieNDInsider No commitment timetable or leader says Devin Robinson's coach, Ben Thompson. #NotreDame solid in mix.

12:29 PM - 19 Sep 13 · Details
      Tweet text
      Reply to @NDHoopsRecruits @tnoieNDInsider

Image will appear as a link
    [ ]Tom Noie@tnoieNDInsider 2h
    Top 20 recruit Devin Robinson is scheduled to travel to South Bend on Thursday for official visit to #NotreDame, which starts Friday.

Expand
    [ ] Nick Jenkinson @njenkinson1 9h
    Looks like the Hoosiers are down to Goodluck Okonoboh and Devin Robinson in terms of getting a Front Court player for 2014 we need somebody

Expand
With Hoosier target Whitehead going to Seton Hall, they are down to Robinson at the wing positions.

Nah they're still in play for Robert Johnson, Whitehead and Robinson are different positions. Interesting to see how their recruiting has played out this year, missed on Pinson, Black, Whitehead, A. Hill, and have had Trey Lyle and James Blackmon de-commit, and this is coming off their most visible and succesful year in ages. They have nobody signed right now....but UConn basketball is dead as we know it according to some on here.

Reaction Score
Nah they're still in play for Robert Johnson, Whitehead and Robinson are different positions. Interesting to see how they're recruiting has played out this year, missed on Pinson, Black, Whitehead, and have had Trey Lyle and James Blackmon de-commit, and this is coming off their most visible and succesful year in ages. They have nobody signed right now....but UConn baskeball is dead as we know it according to some on here.

Yup. Then there's Michigan State with exactly zero 2014 commitments. And the Big 12 conference, with two top-100 commitments for the entire league. Conference realignment must be killing those teams.

Reaction Score
Nah they're still in play for Robert Johnson, Whitehead and Robinson are different positions. Interesting to see how their recruiting has played out this year, missed on Pinson, Black, Whitehead, A. Hill, and have had Trey Lyle and James Blackmon de-commit, and this is coming off their most visible and succesful year in ages. They have nobody signed right now....but UConn basketball is dead as we know it according to some on here.
Funny...I was just looking at their recruiting posts for 2014. Sounds eerily like this board. Wondering why they are missing on top targets....funny....no talk that being in the B1G could be a factor.

caw

Reaction Score
Funny...I was just looking at their recruiting posts for 2014. Sounds eerily like this board. Wondering why they are missing on top targets....funny....no talk that being in the B1G could be a factor.

And they don't have Purvis or Hamilton. Imagine how bad this place would be without those two.

pj

Reaction Score
http://www.southbendtribune.com/spo...cle_359fe37e-218b-11e3-8ff7-0019bb30f31a.html

More on Robinson's South Bend visit. He made a comment about the bad weather. Rainy and thunderstorms. Can't imagine what South Bend must look like on a dreary day. It's not in good shape when it's sunny.

I've been there in the rain. The town is dreary but the campus is beautiful in any weather.

When I visited the University of Chicago once it rained all 3 days. The department assistant made the same joke all 3 days: "We only have one season of bad weather: September through June." After 3 days I was convinced and went to California. Hopefully that same assistant now works for Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Yup. Then there's Michigan State with exactly zero 2014 commitments. And the Big 12 conference, with two top-100 commitments for the entire league. Conference realignment must be killing those teams.
Good thing we're not in the B10 or B12! I know many of us are pointing to the AAC as our issue. I'm sure our conference situation isn't helping but there are so many factors when it comes to recruiting. A lot of recruits like the challenge of playing against the best and the old BE sure had lots of great teams.

Hopefully, KO can add a couple more nice pieces to the 2014 class, lead UConn to a successful 2013-14 campaign that includes a deep run into late March. If that happens, I see the makings for a huge 2015 class, though KO is going to have to work very hard, as he has been. Any top recruit that has one of the top major conference programs atop his list will still think twice about UConn when he hears a handful of negative recruiting concerning the level of competition in the AAC. Not saying this can't be overcome, but it is something that KO and the staff need to overcome with each recruit. Hopefully, they'll be able to scheduled top OOC competition each year with a good share of home-and-homes.

I feel I'm hopeful but realistic. I don't know the situation with returning players for IU or Mich St, but if they have ample upcoming PT, then I would think their recruiting would be getting along much better than it is considering their reputations and being part of the B10. Recruiting is an inexact science with varied results. It's just sometimes hard to swallow when we hear kids that are high on KO and UConn, but when it comes to decission time, they choose elsewhere. All we need is a couple more commits and we'll be in great shape.

Reaction Score
they haven't mentioned anything of being a package deal, and we all know they don't usually happen anyway, but IU just picked up Robert Johnson, who is very good friends with Robinson and grew up on the same block as him. Hopefully this doesn't influence his decision.

Reaction Score
they haven't mentioned anyting of being a package deal, and we all know they don't usually happen anyway, but IU just picked up Robert Johnson, who is very good friends with Robinson and grew up on the same block as him. Hopefully this doesn't influence his decision.

Ugh, was hoping he'd pick UNC instead.

Reaction Score
Ugh, was hoping he'd pick UNC instead.

either that or UVA, I was surprised by all the UNC talk considering they already have Berry and Pinson and he would have to play behind them.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Outside of it being a recruiting violation, can't the real Jesus Shuttlesworth give D. Rob a call and show him the light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom