No Tenn game in 2015 more to come | The Boneyard

No Tenn game in 2015 more to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As Howard Cosell would say, "It was inevitable." I suppose we're still welcome to play there. Nope.

Reaction Score
I hope this gets posted on the Conference Realignment board to provide fodder for that contingent (including me...) Conspiracy Kitty needs to come out and state that's because we're not going to have as many OOC games available after joining the B1G/ACC.

I'm trying to spin this positively. Don't hate me.

Reaction Score
I hope this gets posted on the Conference Realignment board to provide fodder for that contingent (including me...) Conspiracy Kitty needs to come out and state that's because we're not going to have as many OOC games available after joining the B1G/ACC.

Here's the positive spin, our 2015 schedule just got easier and we weren't going to qualify for the final four even if we beat Tennessee.

Reaction Score
doomed.jpg

Reaction Score
Suspended is different from cancelled, coming from the Tennessee side of things, unless it means "suspended indefinitely." Interested to see what the UCONN side of this is.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Probably the best for Coach Diaco as it would have been a blowout in Tenn's favor. Hopefully the game can be rescheduled in the near term but if not who knows maybe Diaco can get ND to replace Tenn in the next couple of years. :)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If people really wanted a test of Warde, here it is
Yep. Gonna be tough to get those P5 games going. Hopefully we hear something soon....and that suspended becomes "suspended and rescheduled."

Reaction Score
AAC conference schedule needs to go to 9 games ASAP, otherwise we will keep seeing Buffalo.

and if we have to keep scheduling MAC games please make it UMASS at least that game has a little flavor to it, along with an easy road trip to Gillette.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Probably the best for Coach Diaco as it would have been a blowout in Tenn's favor. Hopefully the game can be rescheduled in the near term but if not who knows maybe Diaco can get ND to replace Tenn in the next couple of years. :)

A Tenn team that was 5-7 last year and lost to Vandy at home. Yup...a beaten for sure. South Carolina is going to kick our ass in the Papa Johns Bowl too.

Reaction Score
The Tennessee newspaper said the games were "suspended due to mutual agreement". The writing was on the wall when Tennessee agreed to play VT in 2016 at the Bristol raceway. Moving the UAB game from Birmingham to Nashville for 2015 was the icing on the cake and forced the suspension.

Let's hope it is rescheduled.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
First, being a cat I never come when called but let me state the obvious...

1) Who is the SEC's main rival? The B1G.
2) SEC teams don't schedule to help the B1G and certainly don't have home and homes against them. Thus,
3) UConn will be in the B1G by the fall of 2015.
QED

Reaction Score
Let's hope this gets rescheduled for 2017-18 or something similar. I agree with Santini. this will be a serious test for Warde. if we end up with a home and home with Buffalo it won't be a positive.He really needs to get a reasonable replacement.

Reaction Score
Hey - how about giving Boston College University a call. If they would prefer to bring Elon or N. Mexico State to Chestnut Hill in 2015 over UCONN, and come to Rentschler in 2016 - well, then - the stories BCU fans would spin as to why - would be entertaining.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ugh. Until I actually showed up at the rent and saw Tennessee on the field I had a bad feeling about this one.

In retrospect the fact we actually saw Michigan here was a minor miracle.

Come on Warde..P5 games please!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yes it was, and anyone who finds it necessary to give Warde grief over this should also give him kudos for Michigan.
I'd put it the other way...if you want to give him kudos for Michigan, who was only repaying the back end of a half finished contract after all, and really never talked about cancelling only moving the game to a "better location," you have to hold him at least partly responsible for failing to keep Tennessee on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom