Nickname for Williams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nickname for Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“She’s getting better every day,’’ UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “She hasn’t played in two years. So that’s a long time. She didn’t know one post move before she got here. She said, `Well, I was a point guard in high school.’ `OK, well, you’re not a great passer. You’re not a great ballhandler. You’re not a great shooter. So I don’t know that you fit the requirements of a really good point guard.’ Because she’s so athletic she just used to dominate and overwhelm people in high school. But, for us, what I envision is like a Maya Moore-type, but not a 3-point shooter yet. But like somebody that … If she ever, which I think she might, I don’t know if it will be this week or next week or this month or next month, I don’t know. But if she ever gets that Maya energy level this kid’s unbelievable to be able to play inside and outside. I don’t know if her 3s going to be like Maya’s. That might be next year. I don’t know.’’

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2014/12/04/willams-making-an-impact-off-the-bench-for-uconn/

Reaction Score
True and well said. I was watching a Big Ten men's team tonight as they lost another game. If they (the losers) had shown half of the saavy and basic skills of Geno's team, the result would have been different. Playing most of a half completely out of control, jacking up 35 footers, failing to find team mates... Sheesh.

I love watching the Huskies because they play the game as a team... with a capital "T."

BB: hadn't noticed much of your stuff on here until very recently. I like what you have to say....resonate to a lot of it. One tip for you: stop watching that men's crap....has nothing to do with basketball.

Reaction Score
A lot of good thoughts from you folks.. I'm still rather pleased with "Shoes" bec of her recent history and bec I like the sound of it and I like the imagery.
Not the first time I've stood totally alone.....damn, and now my "funny faces" won't click in. (By the way, I do like the "Gabby"moniker a lot and assume it is a nickname.....but from what Coach says, she surely hasn't been very gabby thus far....which might well be appropriate (or not), but is certainly doesn't support the nickname.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby may be more athletic than Maya, but she has a long way to go to be the ball player that Maya is. But if Geno vocalizes it, he has high expectations. Gabby could be our wildcard. I like her improved attitude and rate of improvement.

Reaction Score
upload_2014-12-4_23-24-41.png

Too bad Gabby isn't 6-3 or 6-4 - think of the dunking possibilities!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
She has been a very pleasant surprise so far!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Starting Gabby in the post is/was genius. She is as strong as an ox posting up , and has explosive first step to the left and right and finishes strong with both hands. She has the potential to be our lock down defender too - I think. With more ball playing, she will become a match up weapon for us and our opponents match up either!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don’t remember anybody like her since Swin (Cash) and Tamika Williams. Those two guys were pretty explosive and she reminds me a lot of them.”
Like either one would be great by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32