Nickname for Williams | The Boneyard

Nickname for Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
pppggg has an interesting thread on this topic as applied to Nurse.....tip o' the cap to pppggg. As we were watching the replay of the Charleston game last night and Williams was running for a few minutes with a loose shoelace, my thoughts went back to her "benching" for showing up at an earlier game with two left sneakers.
Seems to me "Shoe" or "Shoes" might be just about "fitting" at this point?

Reaction Score
It's stupid, but in my head she's already been christened as "Gabbeh" (a sort of 'rustic' pronunciation of Gabby). I don't know why; I just find it fun to yell "GABBEH!" when she does something impressive. ;)

Reaction Score
The human trampoline! Hard to chant but clearly describes her.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Gabriella garcia marquez? She can write her own novel for how this season unfolds.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
The wonderful thing about tiggers is...I'm the only one! I'M the only ONE!

According to Roo what is the best kind of swing??

Reaction Score
Grabby for all she do is grab boards. Can't wait for her to start hitting the mid range J than the 3 as she develop threw her career but first she needs to make her free throws cuz looks like she going to get a lot of and 1s.

PS can't wait for Ekmark to come back her and KML nickname will be the splash sister's

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Anyone else see Geno's comments on Williams after Sunday's game?

“That kid gets stuff done that is not easy to do,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said of Williams. “You watch her and she is just explosive off the floor. She is not like a lot of players you see out there. There is just something about her and she doesn’t even know what she is doing. She only gets to go certain spots on the floor and we only run certain things when she is in the game. Defensively we let her do her thing. I don’t even know what she is going to be like when she really figures it out. Right now she is just kind of out there. I don’t remember anybody like her since Swin (Cash) and Tamika Williams. Those two guys were pretty explosive and she reminds me a lot of them.”

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20141201/huskies-have-rebuilt-confidence-since-loss-to-stanford

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Like Tigger and I like flash! Stretch is another thing that comes to mind for me because she plays so much longer than her frame!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Is it really necessary to christen a frosh who's played all of 3 games with a nickname? The best nicknames come in the natural flow and aren't contrived. Shouldn't Gabby Williams suffice for now?

You've asked a leading, rhetorical question, and indeed, I've been led. I believe yes, it is necessary. The security and well-being of our entire global population would be in jeopardy if, in fact, this board comes up with a viable nickname for Gabby Williams, freshman, of the University of Connecticut Huskies.

T

TroyHouse66

Gabby is just fine.
But she surely could be a "Jack" after Nevada's native High Desert resident critter... the Jackalope.
leaping-jackalope.jpeg

Jackalopes probably originated from the Shelton Antelope Range NNE of Reno-Sparks, but are now found leaping across the Great Basin from Gerlach to Lost Wages & Peavine to Pequop Summit.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
On Nicknames:
It's all innocent fun, a way to both appreciate and embrace Husky hoops. Better than the ranting and raging that happens on some other boards. I doubt that anything we say here matters all that much in the greater scheme of things, but it's fun to meet people, exchange views, and be a little better informed. I'll admit that I feel like I know the players and coaches pretty well, when in fact I really don't know them at all. The fifty-cent term for this is parasocial relationship. It isn't new, nor abnormal.

Reaction Score
On Nicknames:
It's all innocent fun, a way to both appreciate and embrace Husky hoops. Better than the ranting and raging that happens on some other boards. I doubt that anything we say here matters all that much in the greater scheme of things, but it's fun to meet people, exchange views, and be a little better informed. I'll admit that I feel like I know the players and coaches pretty well, when in fact I really don't know them at all. The fifty-cent term for this is parasocial relationship. It isn't new, nor abnormal.
It's a family BigBird. I think we all know that the friends and families of the players watch this board.
It seems that it's all about support. Me thinks we play an important part in the success of the team.
The best part, is that community is about more than winning.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
True and well said. I was watching a Big Ten men's team tonight as they lost another game. If they (the losers) had shown half of the saavy and basic skills of Geno's team, the result would have been different. Playing most of a half completely out of control, jacking up 35 footers, failing to find team mates... Sheesh.

I love watching the Huskies because they play the game as a team... with a capital "T."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom