Nick Timberlake to Kansas | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Nick Timberlake to Kansas

Reaction Score
We know the freshman class is good, but they're freshmen. Where does the shooting come from next year?
Our strength last year was our depth at every position. That is what won the title. My concern is depth at the center position. Replacing Sanogo is not easy. DC will be excellent, but he alone, is not depth. Average shooters become excellent shooters when the other team is working hard not to get beat inside at the center position.

Reaction Score

I was worried about Kansas. NC didn't scare me since I think that Hubert Davis isn't that good of a coach. Oh well hopefully Newton is staying as we need some upper classmen for leadership. This last team had that great balance. This year's team is very young.

Reaction Score
Alleyne should enter the portal again and come back lol
Yeah, that definitely makes Alleyne leaving stranger and stranger, especially with Jackson Newton and Timberlake up in the air. Wonder what the big rush was to go to the johnnies? However, Everything goes back to normal once Ajax decides to run it back. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that definitely makes Alleyne leaving stranger and stranger, especially with Jackson Newton and Timberlake up in the air. Wonder what the big rush was to go to the johnnies.
I don’t think the staff thought timberlake was “up in the air”. It looked like a coordinated commitment that timberlake bailed on at the end lol

Reaction Score
Hurley and the Administration deserve a lot of criticism with how they're handling NIL. It's clear Timberlake's mind was changed due to more money from Kansas.
Hurley has said many times that if a kid's major motivation is NIL money then he's not a good fit for UConn. I know there are probably a lot of kids looking for NIL money these days but what do you seriously think a player like Timberlake is going to make in NIL? Nobody is giving him hundreds of thousands of dollars for 1 year at Kansas.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
5 years from now after Hurley is fired for cause, fishy is going to reference this as the moment he knew Hurley had stopped putting in the work.
I'm guessing you're feeling fresh as a daisy.

Reaction Score
Hurley has said many times that if a kid's major motivation is NIL money then he's not a good fit for UConn. I know there are probably a lot of kids looking for NIL money these days but what do you seriously think a player like Timberlake is going to make in NIL? Nobody is giving him hundreds of thousands of dollars for 1 year at Kansas.
I'm pretty sure someone gave him hundreds of thousands of dollars for 1 year at Kansas.

Reaction Score
So as of now. It’s

Newton
Castle
Stewart/Ball/Ross
Karaban
Clingan

Bench- Johnson, Diarra, Stewart/Ball/Ross, Signare, Greek

Need a big and a shooter from the portal.

Reaction Score
Nothing insiders can do when the coaches were played as well. @Zionn stated the staff was blindsided.

It will not be the only time. It could hurt short term. But bidding wars for players is not the best policy. Creates resentment.
My comment wasn’t towards staff but towards Yard. Some acting as if this was done deal days ago. Never the case. $ without question was the tipping factor. Good for him. We move on. We will get ours.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
. No one here has any idea why he picked Kansas.
Pretty sure it may have been the cash under the table, but it could’ve been the weather. Who knows really?

Reaction Score
I can tell you right now he is making that at Kansas. We weren’t offering close to what they did

Reaction Score
Right now Clingan, but hopefully that changes. We need the staff to work their magic again, Joey C didn't join us until June 13th.

Anyone know what Roumoglou's shot looks like? He's a wildcard.

On another note, hopefully Diarra is staying.
I know you are joking. Karaan and hopefully Newton. I know we aren't counting on Clingan to be our best 3 pt shooter next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom