Nick Timberlake to Kansas | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Nick Timberlake to Kansas

Reaction Score
To you, sir (well, until we meet in December...).

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Kansas can't out-recruit without cash?

If our starting 5 is Castle, Newton, Jackson, Karaban and Clingan I’m still pretty dang geeked. Good luck to Nicky Kansas.

Reaction Score

If our starting 5 is Castle, Newton, Jackson, Karaban and Clingan I’m still pretty dang geeked. Good luck to Nicky Kansas.
They can. But when it comes to transfers I don’t think it has much to do with recruiting.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

I just have a hard time believe that will be our starting lineup. We really need someone in the lineup in the mold of Hawkins. We won’t find someone as good for a 1 year stop-gap, but someone who we can run the same sets for, coming off screens and pin downs and hitting 3s while also ability to defend the 1-3.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sucks but this is the reality we face recruiting against blue bloods. They have much deeper pockets than us. This feels very much like the Justin Edwards recruitment. We gotta target the next tier down of guys.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Getting Timberlake was not going to make or break us.

It happens….go get someone else.
Correct. But also delusional to think as some seem to, that you can lose excellent veteran possible returnees like Sanogo, Hawkins, Alleyne, and potentially Jackson and/or Newton plus Calcaterra, kinda the veteran guts of the NC team and replace them with untested freshmen, even if talented, play against very good competition and waltz to the front of the class the next year . Easy to say “next” when several of the better “next” are already committed elsewhere. As we all know, for better or worse, the new major college sports world is pretty much free agency run amok. I don’t know Timberlake from Adam, but if “next” isn‘t close to equal or better when UConn needs a pretty decent veteran transfer, sloppy seconds only fills a vacancy. And kinda silly to monitor who follows who on social media.

Reaction Score
We can do better
Agreed. Not particularly concerned, but that’s a significant downgrade from Timberlake.

Truthfully if Newton returns I’m fine with standing pat until we know what Andre is officially doing. There will still be talent in the portal by the time his decision needs to be made.

Reaction Score
Did the AJ news tip the scales to KU?

I also meant to add, it's like when you interview someone for a job and they say, "I need a few days to think about it." That's a red-flag that they're either not interested or shopping for a better offer. I knew he wasn't coming when he didn't commit over the weekend.

Reaction Score
Maybe for the Hawkins role, but as a bench piece this guy would be a sniper
Ehhh I want to keep most of our bench minutes for the young guys OR a stud. I don’t think we need any marginal vets

Reaction Score
Sucks but this is the reality we face recruiting against blue bloods. They have much deeper pockets than us. This feels very much like the Justin Edwards recruitment. We gotta target the next tier down of guys.
This was the next level down, but unfortunately Kansas is smart and mostly swims in the pool of guys that actually wins games/titles and doesn't just look good on a resume.

Reaction Score
Good for him, would rather have a player with heart instead of playing for money
He's 25 years old with no NBA aspirations, his options were the last 2 national champions both with great coaches with plenty of playing time available, and he and his family decided to make the most money.

Reaction Score
Yes they definitely do. You can see how it hurt us last year with all of our transfer misses. Can you imagine if Hurley and co were good at NIL? We could have won TWO NCAA Championships!
Where is my emoji?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Stop. This is a Syracuse level response. We are not the, "they picked another school for the money" program. No one here has any idea why he picked Kansas.
Lol no we are not. But he did. And I said that 3 days ago. I don’t blame him at all. He’s a 5th year senior who will make more at Kansas next year than any season in his future hoops career. Good luck and godspeed.

We all know the weight of a Kansas bag. Long before nil. What does that get you? One less natty than us.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My comment wasn’t towards staff but towards Yard. Some acting as if this was done deal days ago. Never the case. $ without question was the tipping factor. Good for him. We move on. We will get ours.
Absolutely. Long memory with Bill Curry.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This was the next level down, but unfortunately Kansas is smart and mostly swims in the pool of guys that actually wins games/titles and doesn't just look good on a resume.
Idk UConn/UNC/Kansas is a pretty major Final 3. Usually we’re fighting with lesser programs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom