Nice gag job, PC. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nice gag job, PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You wanted UCONN to drop football for the new Big East. Sometimes your better off just leaving subjects alone. This is one of them with your past history of UCONN

Good point. The AAC has been a smashing success for our football program.

One thing that is kind of interesting is how UConn fans are happy with an outcome that makes UConn's path to a deep run harder. If uconn can get by villanova, it appears most of you would rather play UNC than Providence. That seems kind of silly to me, but then many of you have the strategic understanding of turnips. With Niang gone from Iowa State, UNC has a good shot of reaching the Sweet 16. Good news for the ACC, probably not as good news for UConn.

Reaction Score
pee cee or not Cotton was sensational. If we get that out of Bazz (with his usual assists and rebounds) we win the Championship.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
Good point. The AAC has been a smashing success for our football program. One thing that is kind of interesting is how UConn fans are happy with an outcome that makes UConn's path to a deep run harder. If uconn can get by villanova, it appears most of you would rather play UNC than Providence. That seems kind of silly to me, but then many of you have the strategic understanding of turnips. With Niang gone from Iowa State, UNC has a good shot of reaching the Sweet 16. Good news for the ACC, probably not as good news for UConn.

Except Iowa state is better than UNC, by a lot. So by your reasoning we should WANT UNC if we advance, but you mold your reasoning to fit your C7 agenda.

Reaction Score
In this time of transition, not in a marquee conf etc., it is much better that all other teams in our region do not fare well. Poor performances by the NBE, and A10 are just what the Dr. ordered.

As an alum and a fan of UCONN, I want them to be the undisputed top team in the area in order to make the program appealing to the bigger conferences.

A PC or a UMass having a good run damages that.

Reaction Score
pee cee or not Cotton was sensational. If we get that out of Bazz (with his usual assists and rebounds) we win the Championship.

Yeah. And with sensational Cotton, they still caught their collective testiculos in their zipper in the last few minutes. What a shame.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In this time of transition, not in a marquee conf etc., it is much better that all other teams in our region do not fare well. Poor performances by the NBE, and A10 are just what the Dr. ordered.

As an alum and a fan of UCONN, I want them to be the undisputed top team in the area in order to make the program appealing to the bigger conferences.

A PC or a UMass having a good run damages that.

I cannot fully agree. I take the stance where I am as indifferent to any on court success or failure of PC and UMass as I am towards Fairfield, URI, Stony Brook, St John's or Buffalo. I don't see any of these schools ever being a threat to get an invitation to the B1G or ACC (or any other power conference) over us and where we are in the collegiate athletic world (especially in what it the primary sport for most of the mentioned schools) is too far above any of them for us to benefit from taking the "I hope they don't every get any good" stance. The only thing that I can (in some part) agree with is that if they have some success it could give outsiders some ammunition against us but that would be very minimal.

Reaction Score
Yeah. And with sensational Cotton, they still caught their collective testiculos in their zipper in the last few minutes. What a shame.
Your love for pee cee remains strong after all these years! LOL! I'm right there with you!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Except Iowa state is better than UNC, by a lot. So by your reasoning we should WANT UNC if we advance, but you mold your reasoning to fit your C7 agenda.

Iowa State lost one of its three best players last night. There is no line for the game yet, but I would expect it to be a pick or UNC to be slightly favored. I would gladly have UConn play Providence or an overachieving, depleted Iowa State over UNC and their bevy of top recruits.

Reaction Score
I had trouble not rooting for PC sorry…….the light blue ACC Tar Heels aren't anyone I can latch onto and I like the underdog anyway. Cotton was sensational but their coach was horrid down the stretch and he knew it at 1.7 when he covered his face, he lost the game that was in his hands. Tyler Harris takes the ball basically end to end with a 3 point lead and the need to use clock - stupidity abound!

Again I feel for Cotton and that team, they played hard. But their fans (and I don't even mean the guys who come here) are just a stoop down form the Orange morons! I don't feel for them…….

Reaction Score
It's funny how the conference pride thing has us rooting against a league that has done nothing to hurt us while cheering for a league (the ACC) that has been throwing dirt on our athletic program for over 10 years.

Wait -- you are simultaneously taking the positions that (i) we're toast because the CAtholic schools left us because we no longer have a basketball league that can generate sufficient income and (ii) the Catholic schools that voluntarily left us did nothing to hurt us? And you wonder why there are those here who view you as an insufferable hypocrit?

If you have a mirror in your house, maybe you want to look into it for a while.

Reaction Score
Iowa State lost one of its three best players last night. There is no line for the game yet, but I would expect it to be a pick or UNC to be slightly favored. I would gladly have UConn play Providence or an overachieving, depleted Iowa State over UNC and their bevy of top recruits.
I'm in the "to be the best, you have to beat the best" camp. UConn has had no real success with either UNC or Iowa State. Play the hand you're dealt. Besides, this talk is premature. UConn has a game tonight to qualify for the Sweet 16. This talk of potential matchups is on hold (for me at least) until sometime after Midnight.

caw

Reaction Score

I wouldn't bet the house on UNC this year. ISU is still very good and Kane will be the best player on the court, IMO.

Doesnt matter Nova first. They are a tough matchup regardless of how you feel about their rating/seeding.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't bet the house on UNC this year. ISU is still very good and Kane will be the best player on the court, IMO.

Doesnt matter Nova first. They are a tough matchup regardless of how you feel about their rating/seeding.
the disparity in the coaching department will make up for the loss of niang. ISU has two athletes in the front court that are better than UNC's. hell ISU's backcourt is much better due to shooting ability. I would be shocked if they lose to UNC, but who knows how matchups play out.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Providence made the tournament this year???

Reaction Score
Cooley owes that team an apology for his coaching the last two minutes. He had that game in the bag. Letting Paige loose for a 3 over a pedestrian pick was bad enough, but not getting a 2 for 1 possession after getting the ball with a minute left was inexcusable, and then not having someone block out the free throw shooter was just the cherry on top of the FAIL sundae.
Really? They had very little business hanging with that underacheiving UNC team. I'm surprised they kept it as close as they did... and some bad calls didn't help.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UNC's bevy of top recruits area as sturdy as a wet noodle. ISU, without their top player is stronger and hungrier than UNC and they have guards that cause UNC troubles

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
UNC's bevy of top recruits area as sturdy as a wet noodle.
Mostly right, but Meeks will be a nightmare for us if we face them. Guaranteed.

Reaction Score
AMAZING no PC fans have showed up in this thread yet. Where are you sean? You sad, strange little troll.

Reaction Score
i had them pulling the upset.. i think cotton is an absolute beast, and has been slept on all year. Cooley star is raising now and if he can keep this momentum going, UCONN vs pc could b nice little local thing.. instead of playing Loyola...would be a nice game to play at Mohegan Sun... jus playing devils advocate...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AMAZING no PC fans have showed up in this thread yet. Where are you sean? You sad, strange little troll.

Two threads dedicated to a team that everyone here claims not to care about...

Reaction Score
Two threads dedicated to a team that everyone here claims not to care about...

Oh, I care about you guys. And I immensely enjoyed you wetting your pants down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom