Nice gag job, PC. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nice gag job, PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
It's funny how the conference pride thing has us rooting against a league that has done nothing to hurt us while cheering for a league (the ACC) that has been throwing dirt on our athletic program for over 10 years.

Most of us were rooting for Providence.

Reaction Score
I'm glad PC lost, we recruit head to head with PC more than we do with NC, and lately PC has beat us for a few recruits.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for coastal carolina. I wasn't rooting against PC, but even if I was who I root for has no bearing on the game. PC lost in ther first round of the tournament. Ho hum. Life goes on for me as a UConn fan.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Good, you're a bag of nuts. Not surprised you would be rooting for the Big East, you have been doing it all year.

the part that makes me sad is that we are in more recruiting battles against PC than we are against UNC. I don't care who you root for.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's funny how the conference pride thing has us rooting against a league that has done nothing to hurt us while cheering for a league (the ACC) that has been throwing dirt on our athletic program for over 10 years.
Right, Georgetown and friends taking Fox's money to leave the Big East did nothing to hurt us. Right. Battered wife syndrome much?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Right, Georgetown and friends taking Fox's money to leave the Big East did nothing to hurt us. Right. Battered wife syndrome much?

You understand that most of our former conference partners for football are in the ACC, right? The ACC has raided UConn's conference 3 times in the last 11 years. The ACC picked a glorified JUCO out of Kentucky instead of UConn. Does any of this ring a bell with you?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I realize they have 2 or 3 or 4 guys who come over here and talk smack, but a few of you guys give them that power. Stop it.

It's really beneath us to have this thread.

We are UConn - we have three championships in 15 years and we're still in the dance.

Act like you've been there before and stop with the crap about a team that means nothing to us.

jleves - like your posts and conversations but this is also not a place for anyone to tell anyone what to think or say about a longtime opponent
I think I can say I am quite a bit older than you, been going to UConn hoops, soccer, baseball and sometimes fball for 45 years plus and have a devotion to New England rivalries. I know the post 80's threw UConn into the national picture so I have acquired a distaste for Cuse and Pitt fans as well (20 plus years of old great BE tournament attendance will do that!)
I have been to most all PC/UConn games.
Their fans have a real problem - the are spitefully envious and are very vocal about it.
The only old time rival who comes close is UMass but I don't even think about them.
PC might mean nothing to you but to an old timer like me, PC losing in anything makes me smile
Let's go Huskies - beat Nova!!!!!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
jleves - like your posts and conversations but this is also not a place for anyone to tell anyone what to think or say about a longtime opponent
I think I can say I am quite a bit older than you, been going to UConn hoops, soccer, baseball and sometimes fball for 45 years plus and have a devotion to New England rivalries. I know the post 80's threw UConn into the national picture so I have acquired a distaste for Cuse and Pitt fans as well (20 plus years of old great BE tournament attendance will do that!)
I have been to most all PC/UConn games.
Their fans have a real problem - the are spitefully envious and are very vocal about it.
The only old time rival who comes close is UMass but I don't even think about them.
PC might mean nothing to you but to an old timer like me, PC losing in anything makes me smile
Let's go Huskies - beat Nova!!!!!
From what I understand PC wouldn't even give us a game until the BE was formed. After that, yeah, pure gery.

Reaction Score
It's ok.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 63
Reaction Score
Providence was so happy to be there they didn't even care about winning. What a loser fanbase. I'm sure they're having a circle jerk on their scout board

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You understand that most of our former conference partners for football are in the ACC, right? The ACC has raided UConn's conference 3 times in the last 11 years. The ACC picked a glorified JUCO out of Kentucky instead of UConn. Does any of this ring a bell with you?

You wanted UCONN to drop football for the new Big East. Sometimes your better off just leaving subjects alone. This is one of them with your past history of UCONN

Reaction Score
Providence fans are like Saracuse fans, but with less to be proud of.

Reaction Score

Keep this crap on the realignment board no one wants to hear about it here. Anyone with a brain knows that joining the catholic 7 is waiving the white flag..

Reaction Score
This thread is pretty weak. Providence just made their first tournament in over a decade and blew a game they should've had in the bag, what's the point in kicking them when they are down? We aren't rivals, are no longer in the same conference and we have a way better program. Why again are we laughing at their misery?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Because it's fun?

The offensive rebounding just destroyed them - if you're Providence, you just don't get a lot of chances to take down a big name like that.

This one will haunt them for a good while.

Tough break - Cotton deserved better.

Reaction Score
Because it's fun?

The offensive rebounding just destroyed them - if you're Providence, you just don't get a lot of chances to take down a big name like that.

This one will haunt them for a good while.

Sounds good to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer