Next year... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Next year...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This player is available. She seems to be good at getting rebounds too. She had 26 points against ND and 14 rebounds. She also had 17 rebounds vs Miss State and 16 vs So Carolina in games this year.

Wouldn't UConn have to get in a Power 5 conference first?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As Eric noted, everyone’s nerves are raw after Friday’s game, and narrowly missing out on Ezi and losing Azura within a 6-day span just compound things.

Here’s one point I think we all can agree on: There will be question marks next year, and those question marks are larger than we are accustomed to.

In answering those questions, some folks here are saying very negative things about Meg and that, given our experience with frosh the past 2 years, Christyn and Olivia won’t do much next year. Some others are expecting a lot from those three or think that Batouly or Mikayla or Kyla will make a huge leap.

Last year, Geno said he knew what he would get from the Core 4. Then he added Crystal to the mix of those he could trust. Next year, he may have only 3 players he fully trusts at the beginning of the season. With the others, there are obvious question marks.

I’m fairly optimistic, but I freely admit there are some leaps of faith (or what I might immodestly call semi-educated guesses). I was a little disappointed in Megan’s inconsistency this season, but I see her ability and think she is close. A little patience is required here. I look for a sophomore leap roughly akin to those of Tuck, Gabby, Napheesa, and Crystal. This past season, Meg tended to defer to the upperclassmen. Next year, she will feel a sense of urgency. She’ll have time to process her first year and, with help from the staff, figure out what to work on and follow through. Just as we saw glimpses of Crystal’s talent in 2016-17, we saw some of Meg’s capabilities. Gabby played only token minutes in the 2015 championship game. Look at how she turned out.

I’m not sure how much impact Liv will have early on, but she’ll be our tallest player and only true center. I expect CD to fast-track her as much as possible. Obviously, Liv will need more strength at the next level, but she has burning desire and a strong motor. She’s also very, very smart.

Christyn is as UConn-ready as anyone other than Diana, Maya, and Stewie. I think she will surprise. She doesn’t have blazing foot speed, but she is smooth, crafty and uber-skilled. She also has moxie galore. Look for elements of Asia Durr, Arike Ogumbowale, Diana Taurasi, Chennedy Carter, and James Harden.

Reaction Score
As Eric noted, everyone’s nerves are raw after Friday’s game, and narrowly missing out on Ezi and losing Azura within a 6-day span just compound things.

Here’s one point I think we all can agree on: There will be question marks next year, and those question marks are larger than we are accustomed to.

In answering those questions, some folks here are saying very negative things about Meg and that, given our experience with frosh the past 2 years, Christyn and Olivia won’t do much next year. Some others are expecting a lot from those three or think that Batouly or Mikayla or Kyla will make a huge leap.

Last year, Geno said he knew what he would get from the Core 4. Then he added Crystal to the mix of those he could trust. Next year, he may have only 3 players he fully trusts at the beginning of the season. With the others, there are obvious question marks.

I’m fairly optimistic, but I freely admit there are some leaps of faith (or what I might immodestly call semi-educated guesses). I was a little disappointed in Megan’s inconsistency this season, but I see her ability and think she is close. A little patience is required here. I look for a sophomore leap roughly akin to those of Tuck, Gabby, Napheesa, and Crystal. This past season, Meg tended to defer to the upperclassmen. Next year, she will feel a sense of urgency. She’ll have time to process her first year and, with help from the staff, figure out what to work on and follow through. Just as we saw glimpses of Crystal’s talent in 2016-17, we saw some of Meg’s capabilities. Gabby played only token minutes in the 2015 championship game. Look at how she turned out.

I’m not sure how much impact Liv will have early on, but she’ll be our tallest player and only true center. I expect CD to fast-track her as much as possible. Obviously, Liv will need more strength at the next level, but she has burning desire and a strong motor. She’s also very, very smart.

Christyn is as UConn-ready as anyone other than Diana, Maya, and Stewie. I think she will surprise. She doesn’t have blazing foot speed, but she is smooth, crafty and uber-skilled. She also has moxie galore. Look for elements of Asia Durr, Arike Ogumbowale, Diana Taurasi, Chennedy Carter, and James Harden.
Excellent post MilfordHuskey. Thank you. I see things as you do in this. I look for Lou, Pheesa and Crystal to be the steadying force in the coming year... with their solid play and consistency to build the team through the season. It may be a work in progress thing, with a loss or 2 along the way, but they will be an excellent team by tourney time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom