New York's Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New York's Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Just bought 7 tickets. Gonna get the seats right smack in the center!

How much did you pay per ticket if you don't mind me asking? I really want to go but finances for me are tight right now.

Reaction Score
It's almost as if the committee decided we'll screw UCONN on their seed, but if they're lucky enough to win their first two games, we'll reward them for earning a trip to MSG to play at home.
Dead on with this comment. Seeds do not mean a damn thing in this day and age. No matter where you are seeded your playing a tough and very good basketball team. It's all about match ups and from this stand point so far we are sitting pretty for a Final Four trip.

Reaction Score
@upstater Is seatgeek a legitimate site? I've only ever bought from stub hub to avoid counterfeits. I'm sure it has to be if you're posting it here but just verifying you've used it before.

I went through Seatgeek yesterday and bought through something I never heard of called TNDirect. So... I guess I'm just not too worried.

Reaction Score
Live and work in the city, got tix for me and dad (both sessions), we are both proud UConn Alums, I had the pleasure of being in MSG for the BE championship in 1999 as a student and in 2011 as a proud alum, hope we can get atmosphere similar to those night, this is going to be my dad first time seeing UConn play in the garden.

Reaction Score
How much did you pay per ticket if you don't mind me asking? I really want to go but finances for me are tight right now.

Prices are definitely up there right now. Since Cuse was penciled in already just wondering if there will be a mini -dump to either offset prices a bit or offer up an opportunity to grab the odd seat during walkup. Might be worth a try since most of us are a relatively short drive away. If it's a doubleheader you also get fans leaving after game one. Not sure how we're slotted.

The Stratosphere is currently in effect: http://www.primesport.com/d/ncaa-mens-basketball-tournament-east-regional

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Prices are definitely up there right now. Since Cuse was penciled in already just wondering if there will be a mini -dump to either offset prices a bit or offer up an opportunity to grab the odd seat during walkup. Might be worth a try since most of us are a relatively short drive away. If it's a doubleheader you also get fans leaving after game one. Not sure how we're slotted.
Cuse wasn't in the East/MSG region.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
upstater said:
I went through Seatgeek yesterday and bought through something I never heard of called TNDirect. So... I guess I'm just not too worried.
Same thing I did, same broker. Worst case, we have a class action.

Reaction Score
Warde should be passing out "New York's Team" signs to every Huskies fan in attendance.

The spirit squad should have it on their T-shirts.

If you're attending, I think NYT would make an excellent sign.

Don't put ANYTHING on the spirit squads shirts that will gain the cameras attention!!!! My phone BLEW up last night from friends around the country after they showed our.... cough... Cheerleaders on TV last night! And not in a good way!!

Reaction Score
Same thing I did, same broker. Worst case, we have a class action.

I got my tix for Buffalo through them. They were fine. I actually picked up my tix at a StubHub table at a local hotel. Came in a StubHub envelope too, even though I bought through TN. Somehow, all these companies are interrelated.

Reaction Score
My bad. Would look for Nova or other losers in the bracket. Have to be some disappointed fans. Root for Memphis.

Villanova has fewer interested fans than UConn, if you go by Buffalo fans.

This is the breakdown as I saw it in Buffalo, based on 1000 total fans.

650 Syracuse
125 Dayton
90 UConn
60 St. Joseph's
50 Villanova
1 Ohio St.
.2 Milwaukee
.1 W.Michigan
Others......

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Can't make it Friday. Just bought 4 for Sunday.

Me too! I'd LOVE to go Friday but can't make it. As a consolation prize, I bought 2 for Sunday. Section 223, row 20. Going to train it in.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I think seat geek just compiles all of the reputable online seat dealers and puts them all on to one website.

I bought 2 for Sunday through SeatGeek and the site it directed me to (DreamTix) has a 100% money back guarantee. E-tickets too. $202/ea

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
upstater said:
I got my tix for Buffalo through them. They were fine. I actually picked up my tix at a StubHub table at a local hotel. Came in a StubHub envelope too, even though I bought through TN. Somehow, all these companies are interrelated.

Don't you love paying a $15 delivery fee for tickets you pick up in person? What a country.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't you love paying a $15 delivery fee for tickets you pick up in person? What a country.

Handling fee. When the guy hands you the tickets, you must pay for the pleasure.

Reaction Score
UConn. Showing Syracuse how to win in New York since 1986.

Reaction Score
After sleeping on it, I want to see UNC and Michigan State in New York. UConn can beat both of those teams on our home court, and next weekend, MSG is going to be our home court. And I want Swofford and Delaney in the building for those two games, so they can hear what it is like to play New York's team on New York's team's home floor.

I want them to witness their marquee programs play a road game in the second weekend of the tournament, and learn that no matter how close Rutgers is on a map, they can't deliver the media capitol of the country if they suck. And learn that no matter what BCU says, an over-the-hill coach running a program in a dead industrial city in central New York can not deliver the financial capitol of the world.

And as Swofford and Delaney are sipping their scotches in their respective boxes, and watching UConn roll to the Final Four in front of a crowd that makes it seem like an on campus game for the Huskies, each of them will realize that his conference needs the Huskies. And each of them will realize that the other conference needs the Huskies too.

Without a doubt. The two of these jokers are trying to claim NYC as their own, and nothing could be better for our cause than for both of their schools to get drowned out of the building by UConn fans.

Although UNC lost, assuming UVa closes this one out, you know both of them will be there, too.

Reaction Score
Can we get the UCONN chants going during the other game? That would be pretty special. Uva playing Michigan State with UCONN being screamed in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom