New US News World Report College Rankings Will Be Out Soon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New US News World Report College Rankings Will Be Out Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we have a legitimate change to leapfrog Miami and Ohio St to get into the top 50 with the likes of Florida and Penn St. That would be HUGE for our perception.

Reaction Score
Not to be a downer, but with the successive funding cuts, and the associated increase in student:teacher ratio, it is probably more likely that UCONN falls in the rankings this year. Thought I saw that we were back around 18:1, when we were a few years ago closer to 16:1. That measure weighs heavily in the rankings.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sure but it's clearly an eastern state. That seems an awfully arbitrary distinction to make.
If your conference name is Atlantic Coast Conference, the distinction isn't arbitrary, although names and historic geographic locations aren't relevant anymore.

Reaction Score
If your conference name is Atlantic Coast Conference, the distinction isn't arbitrary, although names and historic geographic locations aren't relevant anymore.

Using that logic, the Big 10 should have 10 teams, the Big 12 should have 12 teams and the SEC shouldn't include Missouri or Texas A&M.

Reaction Score
Not to be a downer, but with the successive funding cuts, and the associated increase in student:teacher ratio, it is probably more likely that UCONN falls in the rankings this year. Thought I saw that we were back around 18:1, when we were a few years ago closer to 16:1. That measure weighs heavily in the rankings.
Herbst set people up for low expectations about a month ago in an interview with the courant.
I'll assume we stay stagnant or have a slight drop

Reaction Score
Sure but it's clearly an eastern state. That seems an awfully arbitrary distinction to make.
The Keystone State sure is in the country's eastern and Mid Atlantic regions, but it absolutely gets more and more culturally midwestern the further west one travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom