New Uniforms? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Uniforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Here's (probably) an unpopular opinion : I don't want the Block C back, anyway.

Let me be clear, I LOVED the Block C. Always will. But to me, that encapsulates the start of our D1 era, and should remain that way. I want it to remind me of that helmet popping pic up above.

The current unis - look, I know they are divisive to some, though I will always believe that that the complainers were simply more vocal about it. I appreciate that the school took a risk and tried something new. As others have noted, they will always represent the P era of failure. Now's a good time to move on from them.

Let's see what they can come up with that gives the Diaco Era a unique identity.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'm not a uniform snob, but these are simply poorly designed and look terrible on TV. Their akin to the abominations that Rutgers and UMD brought to the conference. Your team deserves something much better.
So you're saying we're invited as long as we have abominations for uniforms? Worth

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here's (probably) an unpopular opinion : I don't want the Block C back, anyway.

Let me be clear, I LOVED the Block C. Always will. But to me, that encapsulates the start of our D1 era, and should remain that way. I want it to remind me of that helmet popping pic up above.

The current unis - look, I know they are divisive to some, though I will always believe that that the complainers were simply more vocal about it. I appreciate that the school took a risk and tried something new. As others have noted, they will always represent the P era of failure. Now's a good time to move on from them.

Let's see what they can come up with that gives the Diaco Era a unique identity.
I like this, though one could say that technically the "Call of the Wild" helmets represent the end of the P era where he got his arse fired, the brief TJ tenure and Diaco's first year. I don't expect we'll see too drastic of a change for the uniforms aside from the helmets, but you never know.

Maybe sometime in the future we'll have a game where they put the block C on as throwbacks, but not for quite a while I imagine.

Reaction Score
I love the uniforms. The helmets grew on me but I think a much better design is coming. Does anyone know when the announcement week be made?

Reaction Score
Kinda like there are uniforms for every Michigan coaches era and every Alabama era and Texas...they must change uniforms all the time...oh wait.

I am amazed at how small time UConn treats this program... Really has done so since it started. In the name of getting attention we've played in middle school time slots worn peewee quality helmets. Agreed to home and home with weak MAC teams. scheduled hoops against home games. UConn doesn't take the program that seriously why should anyone else.

Reaction Score
Kinda like there are uniforms for every Michigan coaches era and every Alabama era and Texas...they must change uniforms all the time...oh wait.

I am amazed at how small time UConn treats this program... Really has done so since it started. In the name of getting attention we've played in middle school time slots worn peewee quality helmets. Agreed to home and home with weak MAC teams. scheduled hoops against home games. UConn doesn't take the program that seriously why should anyone else.

Well I would at least hope they're uniforms that they keep for a number of years. I think whether you tolerate these current uniforms or not, the general consensus is that they could be better. So in this case, a uniform change was necessary. I don't think the school is pulling a "full-Oregon" and planning on debuting 3 new uniforms per-season. But I understand the overall frustration about the program not being taken seriously.

Reaction Score

You're right, we have a lot in common with Michigan, Alabama and Texas. All that history and brand recognition we established battling to be a solid Yankee conference program has just been thrown away.

I mean what small time program would add some flair to their uniforms like Ohio State has? No school that reinvents their brand and logo could ever get invited to the B1G or Big 12 like Maryland/Rutgers, or TCU, respectively. Boise St plays with their uniforms and on a blue turf, and they only got the occasional at-large BCS invite.

And nobody big time would ever allow the network to determine the time slots for the games. Well, nobody, excluding everybody. Because everybody is forced to play in the time slot the network dictates. But Texas has the longhorn network, so we should be able to play at 8pm every saturday night, or 3 pm, or 5 pm, or whatever time it is that nobody here can agree on as the best time. We're UConn damnit, who cares what the conference is required to do.

And I really wish UConn would start taking the program seriously. It's about time we forced the state of Connecticut to add 10k-15k seats onto the stadium, add millions to the deficit the governor pretends doesn't exist, to meet the demand of our 20,000 season ticket holders.

When are we going to upgrade our facilities? Everyone knows if you don't have state of the art facilities, you don't take the sport seriously. Burton and Shenkman are what, 9 years old? Obviously well past their useful life.

Last edited:

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
You're right, we have a lot in common with Michigan, Alabama and Texas. All that history and brand recognition we established battling to be a solid Yankee conference program has just been thrown away.

I mean what small time program would add some flair to their uniforms like Ohio State has? No school that reinvents their brand and logo could ever get invited to the B1G or Big 12 like Maryland/Rutgers, or TCU, respectively. Boise St plays with their uniforms and on a blue turf, and they only got the occasional at-large BCS invite.

And nobody big time would ever allow the network to determine the time slots for the games. Well, nobody, excluding everybody. Because everybody is forced to play in the time slot the network dictates. But Texas has the longhorn network, so we should be able to play at 8pm every saturday night, or 3 pm, or 5 pm, or whatever time it is that nobody here can agree on as the best time. We're UConn damnit, who cares what the conference is required to do.

And I really wish UConn would start taking the program seriously. It's about time we forced the state of Connecticut to add 10k-15k seats onto the stadium, add millions to the deficit the governor pretends doesn't exist, to meet the demand of our 20,000 season ticket holders.

When are we going to upgrade our facilities? Everyone knows if you don't have state of the art facilities, you don't take the sport seriously. Burton and Shenkman are what, 9 years old? Obviously well past their useful life.
It's quotes like this that keep our AD and President from calling the B1G to get admitted.

Reaction Score
th

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
uconn+helmets.bmp

If UConn is going back to the future and the Block C is not an option (Connecticut Brand, not UConn), then I would have no problem with N0s. 7, 8, 12, 14 (My favorite), or 15.

Reaction Score
Please provide statistical documentation that the majority of the fans are against the new helmet design. Until you are able to do so, shut up.
....umm as a constructive poke: why don't you start a poll, granted it would be a sample population based on those here. So this might skew the data somewhat.

Poll suggestion:
Which of the following depicts your opinion of the UConn Football Uniforms:
Old Uniforms with the Script "UConn"
Old Uniforms with the Block "C"
The current Uniforms
Some other historical uniform pre FBS
Prefer something New
UConn has not had a Uniform that I ever liked
I could care less about their uniforms

Post the poll in a new thread...I am willing to give you the credit and we will all be able to see the actual data: Again, this is just a suggestion - me putting my worthless two cents into this discord.

Reaction Score
A post to commission a poll, in response to a post about a poster who claims to have documentation concerning a topic of discussion. Too many postings.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
uconn+helmets.bmp

If UConn is going back to the future and the Block C is not an option (Connecticut Brand, not UConn), then I would have no problem with N0s. 7, 8, 12, 14 (My favorite), or 15.

I wouldn't mind an updated #14 either. I think that helmet has some promise with a little modernization (letter width, lining, etc.)...

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind an updated #14 either. I think that helmet has some promise with a little modernization (letter width, lining, etc.)...

oh man...14 is awful.....just slightly better than 18

Reaction Score
For sentimental reasons I am partial to #5 and #9, but if it was up to me I'd pick sub legacy's design over all of these. I don't mind the eyes on the front, just need to be dialed down a notch (which sub did) and I like the numbeer on the side and UCONN across the back.

Reaction Score
It won't be a retro design. Too much effort and resources have gone into the rebrand. It should, for better or worse, reflect the new branding going forward. A cross between classic (block C) and aggressive (Oregon all white set) is where I'm hoping it lands.

They struck out mightily with the current getup and there's nothing to build from there. Back to the drawing board

As much as I like the script UConn (image 9/10 above) it would show much better across the chest of a hoops/fball jersey. Text/type is too small for tv cameras on a helmet

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I like yours too, but people seem to have an issue with the eyes on the front of the helmet. Of UConn's past helmets (not including the block C), the interlocking UC is my favorite.

Not necessarily, the main issue was the poor execution of the idea. While I'm a B1G Block C guy, I do like sub legacy's version of it. The logo was pure Nike clip art and lazy, but it is growing on me, though I hate the mascot costume. I love the new uniforms across the AD. It's just the helmets that suck.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
uconn+helmets.bmp

I really like 15 but I know they've moved away from that version of the UConn logo with the red U. I think that is my favorite of the bunch up there. In the end, I'm happy we're getting something new. Not so much because I dislike the new design but it's nice to see something fresh to wash away all the bad mojo those helmets have going for them!

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, I still like mine better.
sub legacy, On the primarily National Flag Blue background helmet, any chance you can flip the UCONN to the sides, move the #s to the lower back, and shrink or scale/fade a slightly smaller Husky face in on the helmet front? That hypothetical hybrid may appease both the more traditional helmet fan and generally younger fans' preference for something more mod. Thanks for considering creating such a hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom