Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
My bad. Didn't see that thread.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
My bad. Didn't see that thread.
quick question... how did you post this? most videos when posted are not 'visible' for use on my Safari browser... this one shows up. Most YouTube stuff I have to view in FireFox...

Reaction Score
quick question... how did you post this? most videos when posted are not 'visible' for use on my Safari browser... this one shows up. Most YouTube stuff I have to view in FireFox...
Maybe due to the video appearing on Vimeo, not YouTube. If only Vimeo could wipe from history the last few seasons, including the recent ridiculous helmets and uniforms.

Since President Herbst and the Board of Trustees emphasize UCONN versus The University of Connecticut or even UConn, it will be surprising for helmets with the past UConn script or UConn block font to return. Hopefully, something better than the Husky on front, block UCONN on back is introduced.

Reaction Score
This was posted on Twitter this morning:
e2c84f39834ac4849d827344d809790f_normal.jpeg
UConn Football @UConnFootball · 5h 5 hours ago

The Burton Family Complex security cams caught some interesting footage early this am... #UConnFootball conducting investigation. Stay tuned

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with our helmets, I've grown to love them to be honest. Its uniquely UConn... We def could use a Alt. jersey combo tho.

Its not so much that the idea for the helmet is bad, it's the execution that sucks.

The Husky's face shouldn't have been cut so narrow and the piercing ice blue eyes are nowhere to be found.

Leaving the sides blank looks weird too.

Hopefully they don't make us wait much longer!

Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with our helmets, I've grown to love them to be honest. Its uniquely UConn... We def could use a Alt. jersey combo tho.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

They are uniquely amateurish, "any given sunday"ish, and generally an abomination/embarrassment.

I full support the uniform change. Please god, fire the Nike Designer behind that atrocity

Reaction Score
I liked the 2010 uniforms and thought the block C was very good. Classic yet new. Set UConn football off from other sports but not too much. Actually I would use the guy who designed "call of the wild" as a crash dummy. He came up with a design that didn't work and is actually really hard to make work (the face forward husky) which is why hardly anyone uses it, AND managed to do it in a way that turned it's back on UConn tradition at the same time. Please let there be new helmets.

Reaction Score
You must be a player that finds the helmets comfortable to say there is nothing wrong. I respect you for that as for myself and many long time fans (that I have spoken with) I think we have the ugliest logo in all of football.
Smiling Johnathan and the block C was fine with me. The one tradition we had they let go out the door...

Reaction Score
You must be a player that finds the helmets comfortable to say there is nothing wrong. I respect you for that as for myself and many long time fans (that I have spoken with) I think we have the ugliest logo in all of football.
Smiling Johnathan and the block C was fine with me. The one tradition we had they let go out the door...

My only problem with the whole rebranding has been the lackluster execution of the football uniforms. Everything else has been fine IMO.

Reaction Score
Loved the block C

Didn't love the smiling Jonathan

Love the use of UCONN

Overall would have liked different execution but the direction they went was the right one IMHO.

Reaction Score
Btw the uniforms aren't bad. I don't hate the helmets but they could do better.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've been totally fine with these helmets, and I'm sure I'll be fine with the new ones. The uproar has been way, way, way overblown. That said, let's see what they come up with.

Reaction Score
There is s reason virtually nobody uses a head on logo. Not in college. Not in the pros. Unless it is a person it is too hard to not look blah. Even people are rarely straight on. Most are at least partly profile. You lose the dimension and a full face looks flat and cartoonish. That is a problem with toupe dog. That Nike missed it shows they didn't take this job seriously.

Reaction Score
I hope it's not script UConn. That looks too FCS for me. I figure we will mirror how Rutgers tweaked their Unis and helmets into a more B1G friendly style. Classic but with a touch of "chrome and flash".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom