New signs of life in NE football (Blaudschun) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New signs of life in NE football (Blaudschun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You ever been to a BC basketball game?
Years ago when they were in the Big East
For the unintentional comedy I read on here. This site makes me laugh all the time. That and this site is always talking about BC.
Always??? Wow, hmmm, someone let the moderators know? We need to be ALWAYS talking about BC.... Sure we may mention them when they impact our team...but always, how egotistical of you! You have once again proved by example how arrogant BC fans truly are? Good job and thanks for your irrelevancy.

Reaction Score
Diamond Ferri says hello

lmao

Watching Tom O'Brien during and after that game was hysterical. Ferri was a duck*ing free safety and he ran over BC like we was Berry Sanders. BC, every to fail......

Reaction Score
For the unintentional comedy I read on here. This site makes me laugh all the time. That and this site is always talking about BC.

The humor and general outrageousness is a big draw. I agree. Everyone contributes to it, even you. As for talking about BC, it's a bit of a stretch to write "always" but that's ok. I do think that that if you consider the limited volume and informational content of Boston College University information discussed on this website to be valueable enough to your own interests, to be reading here regularly to find it, which you absolutely would have to be doing, because it's not discussed that often.....then there are some conclusions that can be drawn about the quality, passion, and general characteristics of the general fan following of Boston College University.

Thanks for your response and time.

Reaction Score
The humor and general outrageousness is a big draw. I agree. Everyone contributes to it, even you. As for talking about BC, it's a bit of a stretch to write "always" but that's ok. I do think that that if you consider the limited volume and informational content of Boston College University information discussed on this website to be valueable enough to your own interests, to be reading here regularly to find it, which you absolutely would have to be doing, because it's not discussed that often.....then there are some conclusions that can be drawn about the quality, passion, and general characteristics of the general fan following of Boston College University.

Thanks for your response and time.

Guarantee he won't see the INTENDED comedy in that post.

Reaction Score
I didn't know they had that many!

Oh yeah, at least that many. The 12 tall guys in shorts getting there asses kicked are on the team and then just count the rest. It's at least 6.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, at least that many. The 12 tall guys in shorts getting there asses kicked are on the team and then just count the rest. It's at least 6.
No I know what you mean, but I didn't know they played basketball - certainly not on the night I was there

Reaction Score
lmao

Watching Tom O'Brien during and after that game was hysterical. Ferri was a f* *ing free safety and he ran over BC like we was Berry Sanders. BC, every to fail.
Yup. And if they win that game, they go to BCS. And yet a mediocre safety carved them up as a TB.

Reaction Score
Yawk, there's a three sided monster at work. Vengeance, jealousy and hopefullness. I'm all for letting the past go--there are new folks in charge. If we can be friends now with Japan after Pearl Harbor….. As for the jealousy, many of us are simply so dissapointed with our being shut out of the ACC, we are lashing out at the folks who made the grade. The hopefullnness is what has people like me pushing for the rivalry. We need to raise the interest level around here in College Football. This game would garner more attention than you suspect--and I live in Boston----and it would help everyone.

I do agree that what happened to UCONN seems a kick in the junk. The school invested a lot of state money to upgrade facilities, infrastructure, stadium, etc in hopes of getting into a Big East that already had schools eyeing to get out ( Miami being the lead dog on this back then ). Then Uconn gets in and sees all the schools looking to exit. Things were done, lawsuits flew, bad blood ensues, and we all know how things went downhill from there between Uconn and the ACC.. I 've never quite understood why the ACC would not invite UCONN, beyond the acrimony created by the lawsuit, and never believed that BC had anywhere near the power and influence as a singular new entry school to the ACC to unilaterally block Uconn's entry into the ACC by themselves. So for whatever reason, Uconn has not found any league beyond its current AAC league interested in them. But thats beyond my ability to understand the reasons why... that will make much sense anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Funny thing is, I know our conference affiliation sucks right now, but I think BC is in a much worse position. There is no reason to believe they can compete. Outside of the recent football coaching fiasco with P, which our AD dealt with expeditiously, UCONN always competes at a high level for conference and national championships and I have no reason to believe that will not continue.

And UCONN will eventually end up in one of the P5 conferences and then the die will be caste visa-vie BC........if it isn't already.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is, I know our conference affiliation sucks right now, but I think BC is in a much worse position. There is no reason to believe they can compete. Outside of the recent football coaching fiasco with P, which our AD dealt with expeditiously, UCONN always competes at a high level for conference and national championships and I have no reason to believe that will not continue.

And UCONN will eventually end up in one of the P5 conferences and then the die will be caste visa-vie BC...if it isn't already.

I do agree that it will be difficult for BC to future win the ACC division they are in with FSU now on the rise with the replacement of Bowden who was good once, but stayed at helm there too long. BC, with a 1 point lead, was within 35 seconds of defeating Duke in the ACC Basketball Championship Game, and lost the ACC Football Championship game in a close one to Virginia Tech with Ryan at QB, so they have shown the ability to compete in the ACC in their brief stint there so far. Who knows what the future will bring. Their basketbal team stinks at present, and the football team has a new Coach, but its too early to determine if his 1st year of what looks like pretty good recruiting will translate into future wins.... or not. As a fan, on the whole, I do like the list of teams that'll be coming to Alumni anyway. But tailgating at Alumni stinks.. no room, little time allowed, and traffic is the pits. But we live close by, and so my wife and I adjust accordingly to it all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I do agree that it will be difficult for BC to future win the ACC division they are in with FSU now on the rise with the replacement of Bowden who was good once, but stayed at helm there too long. BC, with a 1 point lead, was within 35 seconds of defeating Duke in the ACC Basketball Championship Game, and lost the ACC Football Championship game in a close one to Virginia Tech with Ryan at QB, so they have shown the ability to compete in the ACC in their brief stint there so far. Who knows what the future will bring. Their basketbal team stinks at present, and the football team has a new Coach, but its too early to determine if his 1st year of what looks like pretty good recruiting will translate into future wins.... or not. As a fan, on the whole, I do like the list of teams that'll be coming to Alumni anyway. But tailgating at Alumni stinks.. no room, little time allowed, and traffic is the pits. But we live close by, and so my wife and I adjust accordingly to it all.

Congratulations on almost winning something.......

Reaction Score
Did you happen to notice the 6 BC fans that were there?
You must have taken Math 101 in the summer at BC....team had twelve...there were seven spectators...the five guys playing and seven guys on the pine...what fans???

Reaction Score
Congratulations on almost winning something..

Thanks. Its really all about the quest anyway. It was exciting for those relatively few of us in the Boston area that even care a little bit about college football, college basketball, and/ or BC.

Are you interested in the NFL ? Are you a N.E. Patriots, NY Giants or NJ Jets fan? or none of these ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
BCU lied the whole time while they were trying to destroy our program. And they are the one taking umbrage? I hate BCU, no bigger phonies in college sports.

I never take umbrage. Unless it is lying on the ground and nobody else wants it.

Reaction Score
Why would casual sports fans in Boston be interested in UConn football?

They aren't even interested in Boston College football.

I won't ever claim that BC football has a lot of interest in Greater Boston, but it would be a fallacy to believe that BC has no interest. BC has actually averaged larger home attendence over Uconn , 3 out of the last 4 seasons. BC stunk in football 2012 too, but averaged a larger home game attendance ( by albeit a small margin ) than Uconn in 2012....including this past season of 2013 as well. This is why I personally would like to see BC and UCONN Play a football game again... it couldn't hurt, as NEITHER school is cranking out big crowds for their home games, lets face it.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/...crowds_in_201.html?appSession=431432318378339

Last edited:
Reaction Score

And UCONN will eventually end up in one of the P5 conferences and then the die will be caste visa-vie BC...if it isn't already.

So "high level" means never being ranked at the end of bowl season in football I guess. This is the type of unintentional humor I was talking about in my previous post. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom