New signs of life in NE football (Blaudschun) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New signs of life in NE football (Blaudschun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because I am interested in Uconn football, as I have family relatives in 3 communities in Connecticut, ( wife is from Connecticut, went to college in Connecticut ) and am a fan of BC football having been born and raised and currently live 8 miles from the BC campus... and this thread is about N.E. College football, including Umass, BC, and Uconn and it peaked my interest to chime in with my thoughts and observations re. this thread topic from a non BC Alums perspective living in Greater Boston.

Oh - in that case,....check this out....it will be well worth the 1hr 20 minute commute on game days to get together with family.

www.uconntickets.com

Reaction Score
If BC "looks upon UCONN as insignificant" why has BC, by the admission of its former AD, been so adamant about making sure UCONN is left out of the ACC to lay claim to the New England market. I think UCONN scares BC to death and BC views UCONN as anything but insignificant.

As for BC and Syracuse, the fan bases had better hope those programs have some meaningful success. Without that, there will be no regional interest. Frankly, outside of Syracuse basketball, it looks pretty bleak for both in the ACC. It's been along time since Flutie or Jim Brown took a piss at BC or Syracuse and a real long time since either of those football programs have won a conference championship, let alone being relevant on a national level. They better figure out a way to win and win soon or Conte Forum may be the norm.
You mean that Notre Dame views BC the way they view UConn - a football program that owns a winning record against the Irish? A football program that walked into TD Jesus's House, beat up the resident yokels, walked out with a win, and convinced them to fire their coach. And what do you mean the way BC looks upon UConn football? You mean they wonder how cool it would have been like to have been to a New Year's Day Bowl post-Doug Flutie? And that's not even getting into basketball comparisons. BC is an afterthought in the Boston market and distant cousin that the family doesn't talk about to the other ACC members.
A winning record against the Irish- seriously...one game.......not even a comparison.....yes so very cool and if bragging about an 8-4 team getting smoked in the Fiesta is your throw down, I will take the 12 consecutive bowl appearances in mediocre bowls any day. Im sure after the past three seasons .... any bowl would look great now. If we are a distant cousin I guess that makes you a red haired step child.

Reaction Score
I do go to Uconn football games... ( and said so above ). I went to the last BC Game in Hartford( also said so above ) and also mentioned above that I'd much prefer to see BC opening the 2014 season vs. Uconn than Umass but that Umass has more interest in Greater Boston ( for obvious reasons ) than does Uconn as a BC opponent among the comparatively small niche market that enjoys college football in the Greater Boston region.

Reaction Score
A winning record against the Irish- seriously...one game..not even a comparison.....yes so very cool and if bragging about an 8-4 team getting smoked in the Fiesta is your throw down, I will take the 12 consecutive bowl appearances in mediocre bowls any day. Im sure after the past three seasons .... any bowl would look great now. If we are a distant cousin I guess that makes you a red haired step child.

"Typical BC. Insular, narrow focused and, frankly, intellectually dishonest."...........I forgot childish and not too smart.............

Reaction Score
A winning record against the Irish- seriously...one game..not even a comparison.....yes so very cool and if bragging about an 8-4 team getting smoked in the Fiesta is your throw down, I will take the 12 consecutive bowl appearances in mediocre bowls any day. Im sure after the past three seasons .... any bowl would look great now. If we are a distant cousin I guess that makes you a red haired step child.

can you go away please, there's a guy here with family in CT, that isn't actually a BC alum, and is interested in football, and if actually ever goes to a game at Rentschler, and has a family that enjoys football, and gets to enjoy the environemtn, the tailgate, and when we resurrect the program after Pasqualoni - good football on the field too - he'll be hooked for life.

So - yawkey - tickets - tailgate - get your family together at Rentschler - you won't regret it. You ever been to a game at Rentschler? I've been to games at BC, and honestly, it's probably tough to find a neutral observer - and my wife would be one, but the gameday at Rentschler blows BC's capability out of the water.

www.uconntickets.com

Reaction Score
I do go to Uconn football games... ( and said so above ). I went to the last BC Game in Hartford( also said so above ) and also mentioned above that I'd much prefer to see BC opening the 2014 season vs. Uconn than Umass but that Umass has more interest in Greater Boston ( for obvious reasons ) than does Uconn as a BC opponent among the comparatively small niche market that enjoys college football in the Greater Boston region.

SOrry missed that. The last BC game at Rentschler was in 2004 if I'm not mistaken. How old are you? That's 10 years ago now. The tailgater's were still rookies. You should see the stadium now.

Reaction Score
I do go to Uconn football games ( and said so above ). I went to the last BC Game in Hartford( also said so above ) and also mentioned above that I'd much prefer to see BC opening the 2014 season vs. Uconn than Umass ( but that Umass has more interest in Greater Boston ( for obvious reasons ) than does Uconn as a BC opponent among the comparatively small niche market that enjoys college football in the Greater Boston region.
[/quote]

I seriously question whether UMASS is a better opponent than UCONN in the Boston area, but maybe. I think it's irrelevant anyway, because as you readily state, the Boston market has not, is not or going to be interested in BC football. UMASS may not even be playing FCS football for that much longer the way things are going. They are having just a miserable go of it.

If the BC leadership had any brains and balls they would schedule UCONN. I see evidence of neither.

Reaction Score
Yawk, there's a three sided monster at work. Vengeance, jealousy and hopefullness. I'm all for letting the past go--there are new folks in charge. If we can be friends now with Japan after Pearl Harbor….. As for the jealousy, many of us are simply so dissapointed with our being shut out of the ACC, we are lashing out at the folks who made the grade. The hopefullnness is what has people like me pushing for the rivalry. We need to raise the interest level around here in College Football. This game would garner more attention than you suspect--and I live in Boston----and it would help everyone.

Reaction Score
Yes, because of my family thru marriage in Connecticut, I have been to several college football games in Connecticut, including games at Yale, hockey games at Qunnipiac ( beautiful campus and new indoor sports arena ), and enjoyed my trips to watch UConn Men and Woman's basketball. I have also been to ACC games at Tallahassee, Clemson, Maryland, Virginia, VT, and to 5 BC Bowl Games, and also the ACC Basketball League Championships 1 year in Tampa a few years back. I have also been to the Rent, but just for one game ( vs BC ) but the timing was not good, so the experience was unpleasant there for my wife and myself ( in retrospect, shoould not have worn my BC fan apparal to that one, but was not expecting the vitriol.. but it was my fault, and should have been aware of the feelings going there ). I do think that we'll eventually see BC play Uconn in football again. Bates is the new AD at BC, and BC does play Uconn in most other sports, including Hockey if I'm not mistaken. It just won't be for another 6-10 years or so, imo. But who knows, with any luck it'll be much sooner.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You're wrong! UCONN ended up 8-5 not 8-4 that year!

Clearly from the attitude of this board UCONN can conquer anything so they should need no help from BC or anyone else. No need to play nice with anyone because UCONN has beaten a bad ND team once, and played in a BCS Bowl that many believe helped kill the BCS system.

BC being Top 2 and ending the season in the Top 10 as recently as 2007-2008 season is pretty relevant nationally. Much more so than getting curb stomped in the Fiesta Bowl.

Reaction Score
I'll assume you meant East Hartford (since I think it's been about 75 years since BC played in Storrs), but quick question: do you think that your fans were 100% hospitable to us when we went to Chestnut Hill?

I'll be honest, there were more than a few kids in collar-up Abercrombie shirts who deserved a punch in the face when I was there in 2004 - but I was more concerned with gift-wrapping a TD for you on the opening drive and not being able to move the ball in the first half than I was with what Thatcher and Bradford from Belmont had to say.

In any event, just how many BC fans do you think had to endure "what happened"? Year after year, the story gets worse, and BC fans make it sound like it was the Bataan death march. They should grow up and grow a pair.

I heard they got beaten with tire irons and then lit on fire.

Reaction Score
Yes, because of my family thru marriage in Connecticut, I have been to several college football games in Connecticut, including games at Yale, hockey games at Qunnipiac ( beautiful campus and new indoor sports arena ), and enjoyed my trips to watch UConn Men and Woman's basketball. I have also been to ACC games at Tallahassee, Clemson, Maryland, Virginia, VT, and to 5 BC Bowl Games, and also the ACC Basketball League Championships 1 year in Tampa a few years back. I have also been to the Rent, but just for one game ( vs BC ) but the timing was not good, so the experience was unpleasant there for my wife and myself ( in retrospect, shoould not have worn my BC fan apparal to that one, but was not expecting the vitriol.. but it was my fault, and should have been aware of the feelings going there ). I do think that we'll eventually see BC play Uconn in football again. Bates is the new AD at BC, and BC does play Uconn in most other sports, including Hockey if I'm not mistaken. It just won't be for another 6-10 years or so, imo. But who knows, with any luck it'll be much sooner.

Well, I think it would be good for you to go to Rentschler, and take in a game - maybe UConn v BYU to open the season. Get a bunch of seats for you and your family members and pack up your cars for a tailgate. Going to that many games, you got to have some kind of rig to bring. It's going to be entirely different experience, and much better, I'd guarantee than what you experienced a decade ago. I've also been to college football games all over the country, and I know it's hard to believe, coming from a UCONN fan, but there are very, very few college football venues, that can put together the kind of game day atmosphere that exists at Rentschler. Have a nice day.

www.uconntickets.com

Reaction Score

Clearly from the attitude of this board UCONN can conquer anything so they should need no help from BC or anyone else. No need to play nice with anyone because UCONN has beaten a bad ND team once, and played in a BCS Bowl that many believe helped kill the BCS system.

BC being Top 2 and ending the season in the Top 10 as recently as 2007-2008 season is pretty relevant nationally. Much more so than getting curb stomped in the Fiesta Bowl.

Oh boy.

Looks like we have ourselves an internet badass over here.

Reaction Score

So, why are you here?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Okay, I SAW IT HAPPEN. Probably 20 yards away from me heading towards me. Lots of stuff being thrown at the BC buses with students (school buses, not motor coaches). BC kids hanging out the windows and yelling. Typical things college kids think is cool and appropriate. Lots of yelling back. Commotion could be heard coming for a couple of minutes. Saw some eggs and beer cans that I assumed were empty. But there were a few bottles chucked too. BC kids start ducking back inside the bus. Full can of beer, heaved at the bus and girl was hit in the head thru the window. Not a clean shot but she was hit. Can was full because I could see the spray from it exploding. 1 in 100,000 shot. Windshield of the bus was also cracked but not clear if that was from the stuff being thrown. Never saw who threw it, but cops showed up and tried to find out who did it (yeah, good luck). Tailgate for the balance of the game really sucked as the cops never left the area. Post game, me, a 45+ year old at the time, had to get between a thoroughly trashed student (I assume based on appearance) that was screaming a tirade of profanity at two BC fans that had three 5 to 10 year old kids with them. He was challenging them to a fight and was about an inch away from one of the guys face who kept trying to walk around him. I grabbed the kid and told him to calm down and have a beer with me. He told me the STFU and then stumbled away still screaming that he was going to F up some BC fan before the night was done. Wonder where the cops were post game?

The Uconn fan behavior that day/night was as bad as it ever was. I have seen yelling at other fans and some swearing, but that was way over the top. I have seen stuff being thrown at opposing tailgates every so often since then buit they are the occasional empty. I have seen Uconn fans trying to beat the crap out of each other, and there have been other times I have seen embarrassing things. But 9/6/2003 was the worst and it did happen. There was a pretty good police security presence for the balance of that season because of it. I would say security in general is still higher in the lots around the stadium since that day.
Well this has to be the worst Penthouse Forum letter I have ever read.

Dear Boneyard, I never thought that this would happen to me....

At least add a part where you went to console some cheerleaders when all of a sudden...

Reaction Score
Well, I think it would be good for you to go to Rentschler, and take in a game - maybe UConn v BYU to open the season. Get a bunch of seats for you and your family members and pack up your cars for a tailgate. Going to that many games, you got to have some kind of rig to bring. It's going to be entirely different experience, and much better, I'd guarantee than what you experienced a decade ago. I've also been to college football games all over the country, and I know it's hard to believe, coming from a UCONN fan, but there are very, very few college football venues, that can put together the kind of game day atmosphere that exists at Rentschler. Have a nice day.

www.uconntickets.com

When the on-field product is worthy.

Reaction Score

What was BC's record the season they went to a BCS Bowl?

UCONN beat a "bad ND team" at ND, the same "bad ND team" that beat BC at BC.

Fire away Skippy. You're doing great...........

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've never understood why anyone would spend 1 minute of time on another team's fan site. I don't get it now and I never will. You have to be a complete loser to have the time to hang out here and on us. My god, isn't there something these BC fans could be doing?

Reaction Score
I've never understood why anyone would spend 1 minute of time on another team's fan site. I don't get it now and I never will. You have to be a complete loser to have the time to hang out here and on us. My god, isn't there something these BC fans could be doing?
Sure, they could be lying to themselves about how relevant they are in the ACC. Or how exciting it is to be a Boston Eagle Fan...or better yet, how they are so much above us because of something that no fan had any real control over...hmmm, I admit I do visit other fans web sites but it might be to check on a rumor that impacts UConn. I will be checking out the TN Volunteers website for rumors or ramblings if the current rumors take up steam - that they will try and buy out their game against us at the Rent. But in general I don't go on other teams message boards to try to pick a "Fight" using a keyboard. It seems a little too catty especially those that represent the Dog Pound in the BY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom