New school commitments by Transfers | Page 18 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think most coaches in America would start a team with a 3rd year Reese over a 5th year Engstler. Their impact and versatility is close enough enough now, but Reese's ceiling is much higher.
Wouldn't it be a 2nd year Reese and a 4th year Engstler?

Reaction Score
I was talking about next season in the hypothetical where Engstler has another year of eligibility.

Sorry, but how does that make sense? Engstler was drafted. The fifth year doesn't apply. In my mind the comparison stops at this past season based on that.

Edit Maybe because I'm very literal in how I think thihgs, I struggle to hypothesize scenarios like this.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There is an Angel Reese at LSU Shreveport. That isn't confusing or anything.

Reaction Score
There is an Angel Reese at LSU Shreveport. That isn't confusing or anything.

There is... although a sports writer for a recruiting service on the east coast posted about it. I don't think thats her source, if it is than people should get their money back from their Rivals subscription

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 5.03.06 PM.png

Reaction Score
For added drama most likely . . .
Oh my gosh spare me the fake pent up drama she is creating. She is clearly interested in LSU so because someone said she is going there she won't follow their staff on social media anymore?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Oh my gosh spare me the fake pent up drama she is creating. She is clearly interested in LSU so because someone said she is going there she won't follow their staff on social media anymore?
Yes.

Reaction Score
Maybe she wanted her announcement to be a surprise but following a assistant at another school is only going to get people talking.

I am not buying she is coming to LSU until she signs the papers. I have seen this movie before.

Reaction Score
Post in thread 'Transfer portal part 2' Transfer portal part 2

I think their response is in regards to this post in another thread.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Maybe she wanted her announcement to be a surprise but following a assistant at another school is only going to get people talking.

I am not buying she is coming to LSU until she signs the papers. I have seen this movie before.
Guess she must have kept her visit to LSU super quiet, unlike that of Esmery Martinez and Rickea Jackson . . .

Reaction Score

That would make sense if LSU was the only school where she followed coaches from. I can't imagine she doesn't communicate with other coaches on social media from other schools? She clearly sees the tweets and cares more about a surprise than just handling her recruitment in normal fashion

If she really wanted to surprise people she'd do something like go to Jackson State which has another Angel coming in 6'5 Angel Jackson. Going to a top program with a hall of fame coach oh the SHOCKER OF THE CENTURY!

Reaction Score
She clearly sees the tweets and cares more about a surprise than just handling her recruitment in normal fashion
Welcome to college athletics in 2022, a lot of window dressing and teasing.

Reaction Score
She is creating?

Reaction Score
She is creating?
Didnt she have some tweet about shocking people or it being scary what she's about to do? That clearly got people thinking and analzying her options. Its ok to be quiet about a decision if you do not want the attention, look at her pinned tweet on twitter, its about having not made a decision. well if you don't tweet or instagram about your recruitment it won't draw as much attention to you so cant have it both ways

Reaction Score
Didnt she have some tweet about shocking people or it being scary what she's about to do? That clearly got people thinking and analzying her options. Its ok to be quiet about a decision if you do not want the attention, look at her pinned tweet on twitter, its about having not made a decision. well if you don't tweet or instagram about your recruitment it won't draw as much attention to you so cant have it both ways
She deleted the Twitter post but it’s possible she was talking about her own game, not a new school. Someone on another board said she’s been working on her jumper and featuring it on Instagram.

Reaction Score
Regarding Reese, I’d be surprised if that’s true. If she wants to expand her game while winning, the only program in the SEC that makes sense is South Carolina. Maybe she just wants a change of scenery, but going from Maryland to LSU is a pretty lateral or arguably worse move on paper. I guess she saw what Austin did, but I think Austin was more concerned with playing the way she wanted to play. Reese appears to be the type that wants to simultaneously win, but minds do change.

Reaction Score
Regarding Reese, I’d be surprised if that’s true. If she wants to expand her game while winning, the only program in the SEC that makes sense is South Carolina. Maybe she just wants a change of scenery, but going from Maryland to LSU is a pretty lateral or arguably worse move on paper. I guess she saw what Austin did, but I think Austin was more concerned with playing the way she wanted to play. Reese appears to be the type that wants to simultaneously win, but minds do change.
She said on Instagram that the report's not true, hasn't visited anyone and doesn't have a list.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She deleted the Twitter post but it’s possible she was talking about her own game, not a new school. Someone on another board said she’s been working on her jumper and featuring it on Instagram.
From the clips I've seen she has decent handles (although she does dribble quite high, which makes sense being 6-4) but a very flat footed jumper that looks more like a set shot than something she can dribble into. She's a tenacious player and I think it's clear she wants to be great so we'll see if she develops into a solid wing, but I think she's best suited as a 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom