New school commitments by Transfers | Page 23 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So Hagans is .97 Hartley units and Lauren Park Lane is also listed at 5’6” but some photos I just checked with her next to teammates suggest .95 Hartley Units (5’5”) :rolleyes:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This series of P5 infra transfers is interesting in the sense- does a reserve player on a P5 team moving to another P5 improve/contribute to that team more than a “Star mid-major” player moving to a P5 team?

We have seen the wide variety of views that a “change of scenery” on players who were given limited playing time. Optimists see instant success, pessimists see the “needle not moving at all”. Same for the “mid-major star”. Some see a player in over her head against bigger, faster, more skilled players, while others see shooting stats and assists and think this player will be successful regardless.

Will JVG, Watson, Brown or Senechal be successful at their new schools? No one knows. Those that say they do are wrong. ND needs players so Watson and Brown will have ample opportunity to prove or disprove out of shear necessity. JVG and LLS will have to earn it a bit more as both Baylor and UConn have other options. I am certainly curious to see this play out.
April brings showers of optimism for all the transfers. Player A hasn’t played in 2 years? No problem. Throw the stats out the window.

There’s always the occasional surprise.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I now have 2 Oregon State University reasons to make Duke my favorite East Coast Team. Go Blue Devils!

I got a email about the Phil Knight Invitational... there is the possibility of a Oregon State-Duke matchup. With the Brown transfer, that potential matchup got a lot more interesting.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Huge pickup for Collen. Baylor was looking mighty thin inside and Edwards gives them a big talented front court player. A core of Asberry, Andrews, Edwards and Bickle should keep them in the top half of the Big 12.

Reaction Score

1651145815491.png

Our "friend" at World Exposure had a tweet which may be what militarydog had posted. Found this on the Baylor board which indicates it may have been deleted.

Reaction Score
World exposure needs to get shut down anything they say has always turned into a lie.
This is correct. My bad because I knew better.

Not sure if World Exposure can be shut down based on their tweets. His tweets reference "sources", which I think gives him the latitude to put them out. It's all about driving business to his site and building a list of followers. Unfortunately a lot of people will take the bait because they don't know better. That's our reality nowadays.

What I find interesting is the handle the tweet (@worldexposureWB) came from is a locked account, which I don't believe it was previously. Why would you have to do this if you're the leader in WBB news? I don't see Raoul doing this, or anyone else who puts transfer information out there.

I've noted in the past that I believe the tweets are to help bring attention to their website which sells virtually all their information in some form. If you do a search on World Exposure, he now has twitter accounts for various sports (golf, softball, etc.). He's been working on expanding his brand and the services for several years. Initially the site was scant and provided a regurgitated list of prospects. Then you started to see "articles" about polls and rankings. Now you see multiple tabs on sports and "recruiting services".

For most of us on the BY, I don't see people investing in what he's hawking. My concern is that families looking to give their kids the best shot at getting recruited will spend money with him because they don't know better.

Reaction Score
This is correct. My bad because I knew better.
It very well could be wrong but that is my guess to where she ends up. I just don't see SC for several reasons including the fact that she was basically joking around on instagram with Dre Edwards about UK beating SC in the SEC tournament.

Reaction Score
I think wbb finally got one right as well. edwards and Blackwell visited Baylor together.
Like they say "a broken clock is right twice a day". In their case it may be once in every 30 - 40 Tweets ;)

Like most rumours out there in any sport, take what is posted with a grain of salt when reviewing. If it ends up being accurate, cool. If not, oh well.

Reaction Score
I think wbb finally got one right as well. edwards and Blackwell visited Baylor together.
I almost want to see Blackwell and maybe even Reese go there too. Just to see how essentially a team of free agents would do. Would be intriguing. But also realize it’s not in the best interest of Uconn

Reaction Score
I almost want to see Blackwell and maybe even Reese go there too. Just to see how essentially a team of free agents would do. Would be intriguing. But also realize it’s not in the best interest of Uconn
Nicki Collen would be a coach who could make this work. She dealt with free agent teams in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Nicki Collen would be a coach who could make this work. She dealt with free agent teams in the WNBA.
Yes and no based on her coaching history. Her experience as a head coach in the WNBA is perplexing. She won Coach of the Year in 2018 with a 23-11 record. The following two seasons were records of 8 -26 in 2019 and 7-15 in 2020.

Last season she was coaching a team she pretty much inherited. This year we'll see how things play out now that she's building a roster based on what she wants to have.

Reaction Score
Yes and no based on her coaching history. Her experience as a head coach in the WNBA is perplexing. She won Coach of the Year in 2018 with a 23-11 record. The following two seasons were records of 8 -26 in 2019 and 7-15 in 2020.

Last season she was coaching a team she pretty much inherited. This year we'll see how things play out now that she's building a roster based on what she wants to have.
Yes. This year will tell a lot. The majority of the roster will be her players. Additionally she will have depth and not have to deal with the extremely short bench she had last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom