New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
This is…something.

Yea...it's...something alright. I'll be so glad when this 5th year/Covid...and now unretirement thing dies. And of course, I smell money and social media all over this. Yes, they're "good" players, but this isn't like Floyd Mayweather coming out of retirement. lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yea...it's...something alright. I'll be so glad when this 5th year/Covid...and now unretirement thing dies. And of course, I smell money and social media all over this. Yes, they're "good" players, but this isn't like Floyd Meriweather coming out of retirement. lol
I think everyone is glad that the "Covid year" is done after this season. But as regards money / social media / transfers / "free agency" - you ain't seen nothin' yet.....

Reaction Score
What are the reasons? And they literally are the past...not the future. If I'm a recruit, I'm asking why would I want to play here when you have to unretire players to fill a roster?
reason #1 The Cavinder twins represent NIL $$$ more than any other wbb players. They are literally the poster children for NIL. So don't be surprised if in the near future all of you good people on here accuse Miami of "buying" a championship. Think about it. It was done with the first Marlins Championship and having Messi on your soccer team doesn't hurt your chances in soccer now does it?

reason #2 I can't state on here publicly. I will only say that Coral Gables and Coconut Grove area is full of old money from families that support the "U" and especially the WBB team to an extent. It would be better for the university (in terms of donations/support) if the team was more reflective of the surrounding community. The Cavinders also fit that description.

Reaction Score
So starting lineup
Maddie Scherr
Hailey Van Lith
Maddie Conners
Agnes Emma
Sedona Prince

I think that's 4 5th year. Maybe a 6th year. But I like the lineup
You should add Saylor Poffenbarger to the list ...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
So Hailey Van Lith and Maddie Scherr are both going to TCU.
TCU ranks #9 in Big 12, must be good, or very good :)?

TCU will be very good next year. They were fairly good - at least promising - until bitten by the injury bug this year.

There are no guarantees of course, but that is what I am expecting. I don't root for them, and they will be an opponent for Arizona, but I was impressed by this year's projections before they crashed and burned.

Reaction Score
I think everyone is glad that the "Covid year" is done after this season. But as regards money / social media / transfers / "free agency" - you ain't seen nothin' yet.....
Agreed.

ESPN has reported, in recent days, that a new Virginia state law allows those universities to provide NIL payments directly to players (no outside collectives necessary). Also, there's talk of a portal that never closes. We already see the effects of unlimited transferring.

The loss of a covid year, for most, means very little right now. Things are never going back to "normal".

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Agreed.

ESPN has reported, in recent days, that a new Virginia state law allows those universities to provide NIL payments directly to players (no outside collectives necessary). Also, there's talk of a portal that never closes. We already see the effects of unlimited transferring.

The loss of a covid year, for most, means very little right now. Things are never going back to "normal".
Mostly agree, I do think that the loss of the Covid year will have an effect. As you say, it isn't going to change things, but the presence of a high number of 5 and 6 year players has unquestionably affected the talent pool and dynamics. The new normal will, I suppose, be interesting, but I for one will be glad to get out of the Covid carry-over.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What is the history of transferring back to a previous school? I can't think of it happening ever--in any sport...

Stephanie Watts, from Big Carolina, to the Real USC back to Big Carolina.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
reason #1 The Cavinder twins represent NIL $$$ more than any other wbb players. They are literally the poster children for NIL. So don't be surprised if in the near future all of you good people on here accuse Miami of "buying" a championship. Think about it. It was done with the first Marlins Championship and having Messi on your soccer team doesn't hurt your chances in soccer now does it?
The twins actually make their money from real NILs with corporations, not from the pay to play NIL organized by boosters. (and now schools!, hard to believe Virginia led this move)

Truthfully, although they may now both be starters, neither Cavinder is all-american and the big schools would not offer them pay to play anyway.

The appeal for Miami is, however, competent basketball plus a ton of social media attention making Miami a popular college. The combo of Livvy and Angel Reese drew millions of eyeballs to LSU this year as a cool place to apply.

For the twins, 'gym, tan, laundry' has more appeal coming from Miami Beach than say...TCU.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not trying to veer, however at this point, Hailey Van Lith needs to go someplace that's going to accentuate her skills, let her improve whatever she needs, in order to have a pro career.
Hailey Van Lith will not have a WNBA career for any number of reasons, she is only 5’7” and isn’t an elite shooter as her FG and 3 pt career numbers prove, she is not especially quick, can’t really penetrate, isn’t a point guard and is an average to below average defender. Making the WNBA is extremely hard as there are only 12 teams and 12 spots per team. Hailey Van Lith is a nice player but she’s not nearly as good as she thinks she is. Her video and her personal trainer intimated that her going to LSU was not a success due to Mulkey which I disagree with. Mulkey tried to win and at times the team was better with Hailey Van Lith on the bench. Hailey Van Lith is a volume shooter that I still am unsure if she could really create her own shot against really good teams. I like the “lefty” but don’t see her at the next level in the USA…

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What is the history of transferring back to a previous school? I can't think of it happening ever--in any sport...
Stephanie Watts started at UNC (under Hatchell), then went to USC, then back to UNC after coaching change.

Reaction Score
big schools would not offer them pay to play anyway.
I stated that they "represented" NIL deals which is true. Meier was suspended for 3 games because she introduced the twins to an NIL "deal maker" not that they were being paid for their basketball prowess (although they are ballers imo). Now you are able to get NIL money for being a great player and there's money in Miami that will definitely entice great players to go there in the future. This is a new reality and approach which didn't work with Meier staying on. The certain type of players they will bring in will definitely get eyeballs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom