New recruiting target for 2017: Lexi Gordon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New recruiting target for 2017: Lexi Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chris Hansen ‏@ChrisHansenPSB
Standout junior wing @Lexi_g34 Gordon trims her list to a final 4: @BaylorWBB @UConnWBB @TexasWBB @TCUWbasketball

Geno and Chris at her game tonight:

Coach Bill ‏@NYcoach
Tnite - Geno & Chris Daily from @UConnWBB are in Gym to see #ELITE 6'0" 2017 TX #Sniper,Versatile Wing @Lexi_g34
Her final 4 list has a distinct "Texas" flavor to it.

If the state of Connecticut could get annexed by the state of Texas would that help us get into the Big 12?

Reaction Score
so a perhaps overly optimistic interpretation would be that she has named 3 local schools out of politeness, while really intending to commit to the out-of-state school.
SO obvious! :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Her final 4 list has a distinct "Texas" flavor to it.

If the state of Connecticut could get annexed by the state of Texas would that help us get into the Big 12?
Much as I love WCBB and the Uconn team, I am definitely NOT willing to go that far!!! :eek::)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/22

Kyla Irwin scored 26 points on Friday including going 11-14 from the free throw line.

Blackman's big game against Riverdale has been moved to Monday due to blizzard conditions.

Reaction Score
Wonder how or if this has an effect on Megan Walker?

One would assume getting a verbal from Gordon would mean no Walker. The third player would need to be an aircraft carrier.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I thought this was an interesting take from Jim Fuller, comparing Gordon to some other recent recruits who did not choose to attend UConn:

"There are recruits who love the idea of being recruited by UConn more than seriously considering going there. I would put [Lauren] Cox, A'ja Wilson and Erica McCall in that category. Gordon said that is not the case and she will seriously consider leaving Texas and head to UConn if she deems that to be the best fit for her."

LINK

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I thought this was an interesting take from Jim Fuller, comparing Gordon to some other recent recruits who did not choose to attend UConn:

"There are recruits who love the idea of being recruited by UConn more than seriously considering going there. I would put [Lauren] Cox, A'ja Wilson and Erica McCall in that category. Gordon said that is not the case and she will seriously consider leaving Texas and head to UConn if she deems that to be the best fit for her."

LINK

I thought there were many very positive signs relative to her recent visit to Storrs:
- Family trip for unofficial visit (100% at Gordon family expense);
- Joint trip with Christyn Williams and parents - reportedly Lexi and CW bonded closely w/USA BB;
- Unmatchable environment in Gampel w/UConn team and crowd in top form;
- Unusual pics in Geno's office (in Werth Center) - Lexi in UConn sweatshirt w/Geno and Stewie; and,
- Exuberant tone of tweets by Lexi and Dad.​
We could fairly say to Texas schools that UConn is a tough act to follow.:)

PS. I like our chances. ;)
-​

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

LINK

totally agree... sometimes that put a lot of air in their heads, they sign somewhere else and get lost in the shuffle

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Fuller's article also says she'll be at the game today against SMU!!
That will show her how Moriah is received in her homecoming, perhaps a peek into her own future. Though there are issues with the AAC, playing in Houston and Dallas can help us with the rich talent pool in the Lone Star State.

HGN

Reaction Score
Wonder how or if this has an effect on Megan Walker?
Husky , I don't think it will have any effect at all on Walker. Since they both can play multiple positions , from 2-4, playing time should be no problem at all for either. It's like having another set of Gabby and Napheesa. And that's working out pretty well so far.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Husky , I don't think it will have any effect at all on Walker. Since they both can play multiple positions , from 2-4, playing time should be no problem at all for either. It's like having another set of Gabby and Napheesa. And that's working out pretty well so far.
don't forget swin, tamika and Asjha

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't see Gordon or Walker playing 3 or 4 at UCONN as long as you have KLS, Collier (2 year overlap) & Gabby (1 year overlap) on the roster.
There will be plenty of minutes for both at the SG position with only Senior Nurse playing there.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Local piece on Gordon:

Receiving an offer from the 10-time national championship program that’s pursuing a fourth consecutive national championship is as good as it gets. But it also represented there was a payoff to all of those nights shooting hundreds of jump shots and working on ball handling and rebounding drills in empty gyms. She has hopes to try out for the Team USA U17 national team.

“[The UConn offer] didn’t come naturally,” Gordon said. “I had to work really hard to where I’m at. I was a late bloomer as opposed to a lot of other players. I didn’t expect it. I thought [UConn coach Geno Auriemma] was going to see me play one or two more times. I’m proud of it.”

No junior in high school has it all figured out. If they did, then they would need to share the secret. Gordon is going to be the center of attention wherever she goes. That’s why she wants to make this decision soon.

Still, she admits her game is not where it should be. While you can tell her shot is smooth from any distance, she freely acknowledges there is more attention needed on defensive footwork and playing the post.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/keller-citizen/article56517158.html

Reaction Score
how about starting 5 wings? think of how fast, how chaotic, how intense. Even more than the men's game, the women's can be all about speed and fluidity, because the range from smallest to tallest is far more compressed and therefore the range of specialization is equally compressed. Just get the best ~6' athletes you can on the court. True, you probably need one with muscle to defend down low, but if everyone swarms....

Reaction Score
UConn has plenty of scholarships to take both. Geno isn't going to say, oh we have Walker....sorry Gordon, bye or vice versa. Gordon IMO is more likely to commit to UConn than Walker. She put out her final 4 list literally the week following her scholarship offer from UConn. That isn't a coincidence. Fuller hit it on the money, Gordon is seriously considering UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom