New recruiting target for 2017: Lexi Gordon | The Boneyard

New recruiting target for 2017: Lexi Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno watched her play yesterday. A 5-11 or 6-0 wing from Texas, she's rated 34th by Hoopgurlz and 19th by Prospects Nation.

Brett McCormick raves about her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She's on the fast track. Good for her. I hope Geno can get a 2017 and 2018 kid from Texas.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She's on the fast track. Good for her. I hope Geno can get a 2017 and 2018 kid from Texas.

He's looking at several Texas targets: Collier, Price, Richards, and Gordon at a minimum.

T

TroyHouse66

Brilliant, Slu
<<...A 5-11 or 6-0 wing from Texas....>>

Start her off with a ready-made height argument & she's in the UConn mold to start with...
The BY would be months ahead on the discussion(s) about her before her LOI (Length Of Inches?) is revealed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Thanks. I like this:

Lexi Gordon led the state of Texas in scoring last season as a sophmore and has all ready reached her 1,000 point mark.

Yikes!

[Actually, I like the info, but for Kib's sake, don't like the misuse of "all ready" instead of "already."]
Alright....All right???

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Thanks. I like this:

Lexi Gordon led the state of Texas in scoring last season as a sophmore and has all ready reached her 1,000 point mark.

Yikes!

[Actually, I like the info, but for Kib's sake, don't like the misuse of "all ready" instead of "already."]

According to some English handbooks, "already" should no longer be used. "All ready" is correct.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
donalddoowop said:
According to some English handbooks, "already" should no longer be used. "All ready" is correct.

Could you quote an example or source ? I've never seen any indications to that effect (that 'already' is somehow on the way out).

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Permit a wild guess. The caption (big pic, in Geno's office) may read (L to R): Mom, Lexi, Geno, younger Sis, and Dad. Smaller pics of Geno, Lexi, Sis, and Stewie (w/Lexi -- let the height discussion begin!:rolleyes:).

The congratulatory messages and (heh heh) the UConn sweatshirt(s) suggest that Lexi got an offer and grabbed it! :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks. I like this:
Could you quote an example or source ? I've never seen any indications to that effect (that 'already' is somehow on the way out).
Already and all ready are not synonymous. Both, however, are necessary.

Example:
"Are you all ready to pack the van?" the Dad asked the kids. "We've already packed the van," let's get going!

Our Carolina friends never have a problem with this because they know that, "Are y'all ready to pack the van?" works just fine (for them), while, "We've y'already packed the van..." doesn't quite cut it. Jeez, I hope I'm not giving our Southern neighbors some new "southern speak" ideas! :eek: Hey, listen up all y'all, I'm just kidding. :D

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Already and all ready are not synonymous. Both, however, are necessary.

Example:
"Are you all ready to pack the van?" the Dad asked the kids. "We've already packed the van," let's get going!

Our Carolina friends never have a problem with this because they know that, "Are y'all ready to pack the van?" works just fine (for them), while, "We've y'already packed the van..." doesn't quite cut it. Jeez, I hope I'm not giving our Southern neighbors some new "southern speak" ideas! :eek: Hey, listen up all y'all, I'm just kidding. :D

Right - but what I wasn't understanding was donalddwoop's assertion that 'already' .."should no longer be used." As in, it is [per whatever source] no longer to be used at all.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
No, you are right. I should have said alright, not already.

T

TroyHouse66

ddwop-
<<According to some English handbooks, "already" should no longer be used. "All ready" is correct.>>

I, sincerely, believe that use of "already" and "all ready", use of the abbreviation "Conn.", and referencing Connecticut as "The Nutmeg State" are lawful prerogatives of native Yankees [who still remember going out to the family car to affix the yearly metal date tag to the corner of the (almost) square, white & black Connecticut license plate].

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Enough already!:eek:

What's Gordon's status vis-a-vis UConn?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lots of Gordon highlights from her sophomore year. She's #34 with a long ponytail. Adblocker has to be turned off.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hard not to be impressed when someone scores 48 points but I really like what I saw from Gordon in the above video. Great shooting stroke from deep and off the pull-up. Threw some good passes; comes off screens well. Also good with her left hand around the basket. Very nice athlete. She'll need more passion on the defensive end, but that's what Geno is for.

Could've had more points but had a three and a jumper wiped out by offensive foul calls.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Lexi Gordon's sister was in this video? If so what number was she?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Lexi Gordon's sister was in this video? If so what number was she?

According to this article, she's joining the team next year.

Watch out for this team in 2016-2017 when highly regarded top prospect 2020 Myra Gordon becomes eligible to join her sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom