New Mexico St (in Buffalo) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

New Mexico St (in Buffalo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
People. Settle. NM State has a long history of being tough. Their home court is legendary. I think it’s a good matchup for UConn because it’s strength against strength, not a Nova or Creighton style opponent.

As for PC, only a fool would want to play that team.

If only we could fuel the mojo with the number of times UNM and NMSU were confused.

Reaction Score
All u asked is which 12 seed I would have wanted. You didn't provide any qualifiers to your statement, therefore permitting the selection of any 12 seed.

Additionally, the statement is that I didn't want to play NMSU as I felt they were the the toughest 12 seed..Wyoming was in a 12 seed position and lost, therefore NMSU is stronger then they are.

It's a logic statement.
I agree with you that Wyoming is a valid selection to answer the original question (they were assigned a 12 seed, and the question asked which 12 seed you would want to play). I also think the fact that they looked bad and lost their play in game makes them look like an appropriate answer. However, the fact that they lost does not logically lead to the conclusion that NMSU is a stronger team. Just saying.

Reaction Score
All u asked is which 12 seed I would have wanted. You didn't provide any qualifiers to your statement, therefore permitting the selection of any 12 seed.

Additionally, the statement is that I didn't want to play NMSU as I felt they were the the toughest 12 seed..Wyoming was in a 12 seed position and lost, therefore NMSU is stronger then they are.

It's a logic
Pick a 12 seed that is actually in the field of 64 and who actually has to play a 5 seed. There’s more logic

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If only we could fuel the mojo with the number of times UNM and NMSU were confused.
They have both been good at different times.

Reaction Score
Pick a 12 seed that is actually in the field of 64 and who actually has to play a 5 seed. There’s more logic
But that's not what u said. U said pick a 12 seed. Field of 68 and field of 64 are two different things.

Reaction Score
I agree with you that Wyoming is a valid selection to answer the original question (they were assigned a 12 seed, and the question asked which 12 seed you would want to play). I also think the fact that they looked bad and lost their play in game makes them look like an appropriate answer. However, the fact that they lost does not logically lead to the conclusion that NMSU is a stronger team. Just saying.
Valid point.

Reaction Score
Interested in a Memphis/Gonzaga matchup in 2nd round.
Every fanbase feels the NCAA has it out for them. Every single one. And as an aside, 1/2 the women's basketball fans believe the NCAA is rigged to benefit UConn.

But to the point, I wonder how Zags fans feel about getting a potential Memphis matchup? Just wondering if they have Wichita State Syndrome (we've earned a 1 and you are setting us up with... Kentucky?)

Reaction Score
By the ridiculous standards that (it felt like) we were being held to every year to even catch a whiff of the tourney while in the American, I wonder why Memphis isn’t playing in the NIT. Only 21 wins (it seemed like we needed at least 25 or the Committee just chucked our resume straight in the trash) and losses to sub .500 dumpster fires like ECU and Tulane. They’ve had a great run down the stretch but that isn’t supposed to be a consideration and, their personnel issues aside, it’s freaking ECU and Tulane. If we lost a game like that while in the AAC, it would be time to write off any hope for the dance short of winning the conf tourney.

Reaction Score
But that's not what u said. U said pick a 12 seed. Field of 68 and field of 64 are two different things.
Awww you can’t do it. I understand son

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't think a single NMSU fan has spelled Sanogo's name right yet.
I dont think a lot Of UConn fans spelled his name correctly for the 1st year much like Niels Giffey. Emeka Okafor and Khalid El-Amin

Reaction Score
Draftkings preview. 0 for 2.
Screenshot_20220317-114019.png

Reaction Score
Pretty brutal by Dan Hurley so far. Our team doesn’t look better than New Mexico St. They look a little better.

Dagger Trey Ty reason we are close. Sanogo very soft. Cole not doing much.

Reaction Score
Teddy Allen abusing Tyrese. Need to defend him better. We have let their best best player get hot and in rhythm.

We look scared and tentative. Tyrese needs to play better. Sanogo very soft. He needs to be better as does Cole

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley terrible preparation and game planning. New Mexico State is using the Creoghton game plan on us.

We don’t seem to have a talent advantage. Teddy Allen looks like the best player out there. Sanogo, Cole, and especially Martin have been awful.

PS: If we lose this game Dan Hurley needs to be on the hot seat for next year. Brutal planning for this game. He gets next year to show if he can win in March or he is gone if we lose today and we look garbage. Dan Hurley is on the hot seat after this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom