New Husky Logos | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New Husky Logos

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
@CL82 me too!

the white Husky is also called an “Isabella Husky”... that’s what we had for 80 years. It was a white Siberian Husky, not a black and white one. That all I’m saying. Separated us from Northeastern, Washington, and NIU. It wasn’t a semoyed
One of us must have left our reading comprehension glasses at home. The prior 2 generations of the logo (which are basically the same, except for the the color palate) were based on a drawing by an artist who admittedly drew the thing based on her own dog... which was a Samoyed. For real.

Reaction Score
One of us must have left our reading comprehension glasses at home. The prior 2 generations of the logo (which are basically the same, except for the the color palate) were based on a drawing by an artist who admittedly drew the thing based on her own dog... which was a Samoyed. For real.

1583209047788.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I guess but 100% of our fans and vast majority of college basketball knew (and still knows) which college this mascot belongs to:

Identity is the point of branding. The move from a distinct logo to a generic looking one is a branding mistake.

It's fine for people to have different likes, but people who say there is no such thing are a white husky are just wrong. Interesting enough Herbst said that was part of the basis from moving from the all white husky as a mascot.

Never liked this logo at all. The new one is much better. The one before this was much better than this.

I would have been fine with the all white version of the new logo people have shown here. But we had to retire that silly fluffy cartoon with the red tongue.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Never liked this logo at all. The new one is much better. The one before this was much better than this.

I would have been fine with the all white version of the new logo people have shown here. But we had to retire that silly fluffy cartoon with the red tongue.
Amen, brother. Even when we were winning championships I thought the fluffy lapdog logo had to go.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
@CL82 me too!

the white Husky is also called an “Isabella Husky”... that’s what we had for 80 years. It was a white Siberian Husky, not a black and white one. That all I’m saying. Separated us from Northeastern, Washington, and NIU. It wasn’t a semoyed

If you want to be accurate it was a Samoyed that we pretended was a white husky. A modern white husky that didn’t look like a Samoyed who just had its hair blow dried would be fine. Nor did that logo look at all like the actual dog mascot Jonathan when he was white.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
So off-topic: Does the restaurant / cafeteria Jonathans still exist near Gampel? I haven't been on campus in a pretty long time. Between undergrad and grad school, I sadly may have eaten more meals there than any other single restaurant in my life.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
View attachment 51463
this is a picture of the current real life mascot, as a puppy.. he is not all white.. so until the next Johnathan is born, and happens to be all white, and this one is retired, we have the two toned husky logo, which i don't mind.. juss sayin
Can we ask current real life jonathan to 'take a step back?' asking for friend.

Reaction Score
If you want to be accurate it was a Samoyed that we pretended was a white husky. A modern white husky that didn’t look like a Samoyed who just had its hair blow dried would be fine. Nor did that logo look at all like the actual dog mascot Jonathan when he was white.

It was a white dog we called our Husky. Now it’s not a white dog but still a Husky no the less. It’s all good, a Husky is a Husky. The logo was drawn from a Samoyed, I get it, but for 80 years we had a plain white dog as our mascot. And yes, a white Husky exists. The fact that it was drawn from a Samoyed is irrelevant to me simply because I liked the old white logo better and in my opinion it’s recognized across the country as UConn. Doesn’t mean I despise the current one, it’s just preference. As for the actual mascot that walks around the stadium... I would be fine with a piece of paper held on a stick with a white Husky on it, it’s still better than that stupid fat tangerine Syracuse uses.

Reaction Score
White husky, fluffy husky, or wolf husky, I bleed blue and what does it matter. Just go with the flow and take what comes down the pike. And on a side note for many of us, what the hell happened to all the Block C merch that was supposed to come out. When someone finds all the Block C merch in the bookstore send the Boneyard a note. Good Luck.

Reaction Score
Sorry but looks like a school crossing guard for middle schoolers.

Reaction Score
Was this thread title meant to cause a meltdown?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I didn’t mind it, mostly because of all the success that I associate it with. I agree that the white version of the logo would’ve been fine. It was a mistake to abandon the 80 years of tradition of all white husky in favor of a more generic looking one. I hope at the next Nike rebrand we return to a white husky.

#bringbackthewhitedog

Reaction Score
Really not a fan. That looks like a logo for an elementary school.
Was thinking the same. Like most mascots, they turn it into a childrens cartoon character. What about a front on view of a snarling Husky leaping at you, teeth bared, some spit coming out of his mouth ( ok, maybe not that) but claws showing ? I’m 70, I remember when logos were like that. But I guess that is too violent for todays safe room snowflakes.

Reaction Score
Yes but our national brand, what we've been know to for fans across the country and the thing fans on this board freak out about since our siberian husly logo is the white samoyed logo. Most people around the country have no ides we actually have a live animal mascot. Jonathan isn't Uga the bulldog.
When I was a kid Jonathan was at games. Do they still ever bring him?

Reaction Score
I guess but 100% of our fans and vast majority of college basketball knew (and still knows) which college this mascot belongs to:

Identity is the point of branding. The move from a distinct logo to a generic looking one is a branding mistake.

It's fine for people to have different likes, but people who say there is no such thing are a white husky are just wrong. Interesting enough Herbst said that was part of the basis from moving from the all white husky as a mascot.
That was a great logo

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1583260874230.png

✔ Not fluffy
✔ Not friendly
✔ Unique
✔ Restores white husky tradition
✔ Recognizable to those familiar with either the new or old logo

You're welcome Kyle Muncy (@uconntrademark) and Dave Benedict.

#bringbackthewhitedog

Reaction Score
I am old-ish (49), was at UConn for The Shot and the start of it all, but I had no problem retiring the fluffy Samoyed logo of my time in Storrs. I love it from a nostalgic standpoint, and would love to be able to get some retro gear with that old logo, but I was actually glad and quite pleased with the updated current logo (despite the absurd claims of it being too rapey).

That said, when I posted the all white version of the current logo above, it was meant as a joke, but in a way kinda liked it and CL82's take on it as well. I think they could take the current design and tweak it to make it better, including making it more of a traditional (from a UConn POV) white husky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom