New Husky Logos | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Husky Logos

Reaction Score
The only past logo worth going back to...

30LQTBz.png
Lol. That looks like a sad ass puppy who’s chin has melted into his shoulder. Very simple , bring back the ones from the late 80s 90s and early 2000s- anything but the current one we have. Looks like an alien dog. Awful

Reaction Score
For the millionth time, our logo is a Siberian Husky. The happy fluffy one you probably prefer is a Samoyed.
Sent the original tweet at the top of the thread to some old roomies and friends from Storrs. Consensus in my circle of Huskies is that this is horrible. Be what it is. I won't buy item one with either of these on anything. Just me.

Reaction Score
The “Husky” bread has changed over the years. We have not had a black and white Siberian Husky since the original Jonathan back in 1934 who was struck by a car in 1935. The white husky debuted as Jonathan II until 2013 when the University went back to the original bread with black and white bread.

I think the out-cry of the white husky, and it is possible to have a white Husky (see AKC below), is because we are removing 80 years of mascot tradition. There’s nothing wrong with that but it is unpleasant to the eye of the viewer for the past 80 years.

Most casual fans have no clue we have a live dog mascot and nobody around the country knows we have one. We were known for the samoyed logo because that's our logo when we won championships and were on national tv all the time. People will know us for our current logo once we're on national tv all the time starting next season and winning chips again.

CL82 is the only person who gives a s*** what the dog looks like.

Reaction Score
I know this is a logo thread, but going back to the Big East we need to bring back a modernized version of the uniforms from the early-mid 1990's...The Big East teams have great alternate uniforms, very classic and traditional.

View attachment 51460
I would absolutely love having these as throwback uniforms that we wear one or two games per year. There is nothing wrong with rebranding, but its always nice to still honor the past, especially when those style uniforms are synonymous with success and winning.

Reaction Score
The school is so lost. A couple years ago they scrapped all alternate logos to focus on one. Did away with the Men’s and women’s logos and said we needed to have an identity. Now a couple years later totally reverse course and we need more logos not just the one.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
As it has no pants, Someone needs to do a “Clark the cubs mascot” treatment on that, and it will disappear forever.
(Can’t take credit on the idea)

Reaction Score
The school is so lost. A couple years ago they scrapped all alternate logos to focus on one. Did away with the Men’s and women’s logos and said we needed to have an identity. Now a couple years later totally reverse course and we need more logos not just the one.
Get a grip, it's a thing for kids. A bunch of schools do this.

Reaction Score
For the millionth time, our logo is a Siberian Husky. The happy fluffy one you probably prefer is a Samoyed.
There is such a thing as a white Siberian husky

Attachments

• all-white-siberian-husky-with-blue-eyes.jpg
    all-white-siberian-husky-with-blue-eyes.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 186

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Most casual fans have no clue we have a live dog mascot and nobody around the country knows we have one. We were known for the samoyed logo because that's our logo when we won championships and were on national tv all the time. People will know us for our current logo once we're on national tv all the time starting next season and winning chips again.

Lol, you sure have a lot of posts on this topic for a guy who doesn't give a s***.

Anywho, at least you've back off saying the white husky dog we've had for thirty years isn't actually a husky. It was a dumb position but you stuck with it a long time.

Reaction Score
Nike made a major push for it. They are the ones that designed it for free and for new merchandise at the time when UConn was excelling. Combined with the rebranding to “UConn” only. It also came accompanied by students thinking the new logo symbolized assault and ended up all over the news with a statement from student government.

Nike always does it. I know because a friend was one of the lead designers in Portland for this type of stuff. I told him all your doing is changing things that don't need changing to sell another t-shirt. Just admit it don't give me "but collections, cross category strategy, sales channels and retail tiers...."

It's all about the coin.

Reaction Score
Lol, you sure have a lot of posts on this topic for a guy who doesn't give a s***.

Anywho, at least you've back off saying the white husky dog we've had for thirty years isn't actually a husky. It was a dumb position but you stuck with it a long time.
I never talked about the live dog, nobody ever sees or cares about it. I talked about the samoyed we were always known for.
NqNzpG6.gif

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I never talked about the live dog, nobody ever sees or cares about it. I talked about the samoyed we were always known for.
View attachment 51480
I was a loyal fan through the life-cycle of the "Samoyed" logo, so i share in the some of the nostalgia. But I'm 100% for the "after" logo.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I like his look. If Ozzy works with Sal, and becomes a little more nimble and explosive...wait, Sal is the human performance guy. Who trains Jonathan?

...just need to make sure he stretches and doesn't chase kettlebells.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If I had a soccer team named the Huskies and the kids were 7 yrs old I wouldn't even look at those
What the hell is the person who proposed this thinking???????
Obviously a Cuse marketing major

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Those full body mascots are very childish.

IMO the current logo and the previous fluffy husky are both fine. It's kind of irrelevant honestly.

Reaction Score
View attachment 51480

@CL82 me too!

the white Husky is also called an “Isabella Husky”... that’s what we had for 80 years. It was a white Siberian Husky, not a black and white one. That’s all I’m saying. It separated us from Northeastern, Washington, and NIU. It wasn’t a semoyed

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom