New Husky Logos | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Husky Logos

Reaction Score
Thats awful. Bring back the old husky face. Why they always have to mess with stuff? Unreal

Reaction Score
I know this is a logo thread, but going back to the Big East we need to bring back a modernized version of the uniforms from the early-mid 1990's...The Big East teams have great alternate uniforms, very classic and traditional.

d46f1830df55e1aa4fc1c85bc50dba9e.jpg

Reaction Score
For the millionth time, our logo is a Siberian Husky. The happy fluffy one you probably prefer is a Samoyed.
the old one was a white alaskan malamute, the other popular "husky" breed. they are much bigger and tougher than samoyeds, which are also in the spitz family but are not referred to as huskies.

malamute:
1583180658208.png

Reaction Score
I know this is a logo thread, but going back to the Big East we need to bring back a modernized version of the uniforms from the early-mid 1990's...The Big East teams have great alternate uniforms, very classic and traditional.

View attachment 51460
there will be throwbacks next season. Not allowed to say which so I won’t but there will be.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For the millionth time, our logo is a Siberian Husky. The happy fluffy one you probably prefer is a Samoyed.
“For the millionth time,” our mascot is a white husky. Stepping away from that tradition was branding stupidity. I have no problem with it being a “less fluffy“ white husky, or even a less friendly white husky, but every mascot we’ve ever had excluding the first and the current has been a white husky, not a Samoyed.
1583181145434.jpeg

Reaction Score
“For the millionth time,” our mascot is a white husky. Stepping away from that tradition was branding stupidity. I have no problem with it being a “less fluffy“ white husky, or even a less friendly white husky, but every mascot we’ve ever had excluding the first and the current has been a white husky, not a Samoyed.
Not a fan of our current wolf logo and I am not a fan of these "additions" either. At least this graphic design does not seem stolen, yet

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
the old one was a white alaskan malamute, the other popular "husky" breed. they are much bigger and tougher than samoyeds, which are also in the spitz family but are not referred to as huskies.

malamute:
View attachment 51459
White malamutes are not common. I definitely always thought the old logo was a samoyed, but it's hard to tell with that cartoon grin on its face.

CL82

Reaction Score
White malamutes are not common. I definitely always thought the old logo was a samoyed, but it's hard to tell with that cartoon grin on its face.
The artist who drew the logo before the one we’re talking about said that she based it on her Samoyed. The Logio immediately prior to our current onecis a “cartoonized version“ of her drawing of a white husky, based on a Samoyed.

Reaction Score
I actually really like the current design. Its an improvement from the previous logo. I never cared for the tongue hanging out of the previous logo.

I'm a bit surprised the marketing dept came up with another new logo(s). The current logo still seems brand new to me.

Is this their way of saying the current logo has been a failure?
I work at a company with a strong sales team, and marketing?... not so much. They never push any ideas promotions or strategies through the ones who actually no the industry and CNN particular markets and needs. Bet Hurley and co. Never even got a look at this and worse they did and the marketing geniuses ignored them.

CL82

Reaction Score
The old logo was a Samoyed despite what CL82 or anyone else tries to tell you. The artist based it off his own dog, a Samoyed.
If I recall correctly, it was a female artist who did the logo. You’re absolutely right that she said she basted on her Samoyed, but our mascot has been white husky. But you know that right?

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, it was a female artist who did the logo. You’re absolutely right that she said she basted on her Samoyed, but our mascot has been white husky. But you know that right?
Yes but our national brand, what we've been know to for fans across the country and the thing fans on this board freak out about since our siberian husly logo is the white samoyed logo. Most people around the country have no ides we actually have a live animal mascot. Jonathan isn't Uga the bulldog.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Another toothless logo. Looks like a picture of a stuffed puppy dog.

Reaction Score
They just keep getting worse and worse. Ugh. This looks like the Musket Dog on steroids.

Reaction Score
1583182231626.png

this is a picture of the current real life mascot, as a puppy.. he is not all white.. so until the next Johnathan is born, and happens to be all white, and this one is retired, we have the two toned husky logo, which i don't mind.. juss sayin

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why isn’t everyone so worked up over this lol. That’s not going in on jerseys or anything. It’s to put on kids stuff who cares

Reaction Score
Alternate in that UConn should only wear this in some alternate universe not in this one

Reaction Score
View attachment 51463
this is a picture of the current real life mascot, as a puppy.. he is not all white.. so until the next Johnathan is born, and happens to be all white, and this one is retired, we have the two toned husky logo, which i don't mind.. juss sayin
Of course we had a white husky for 75 years and this one came AFTER we changed the logo to a 2-toned one.

Reaction Score
I work at a company with a strong sales team, and marketing?... not so much. They never push any ideas promotions or strategies through the ones who actually no the industry and CNN particular markets and needs. Bet Hurley and co. Never even got a look at this and worse they did and the marketing geniuses ignored them.
1) Hurley and Co. don’t care these are just for mostly kids and fun shirts they can sell. It won’t appear at any athletic events.
2)Hurley and Co. have been working on throwback jerseys that will be here in time for next year. Those logos won’t appear on them lol

Reaction Score
Why isn’t everyone so worked up over this lol. That’s not going in on jerseys or anything. It’s to put on kids stuff who cares
I think because they have consistently screwed this logo thing up. Instead of a white husky they did the clip art thing. Now this mess

Reaction Score
I'd love to know the genius who thought it was a smart idea to change the logo back in 2013.

Imagine changing a logo that was recognizable and linked to winning.
Nike made a major push for it. They are the ones that designed it for free and for new merchandise at the time when UConn was excelling. Combined with the rebranding to “UConn” only. It also came accompanied by students thinking the new logo symbolized assault and ended up all over the news with a statement from student government.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom