New ESPN Bracketology | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New ESPN Bracketology

Reaction Score
You think Duke will be tougher than Utah? Also that Utah game will be in Connecticut before a partisan crowd (I expect SC to have more fans) so I’m not sure if crowd will be a factor but I do think they’re a tough matchup. Different kind of team they need to play.

The arena will be heavy with UConn fans who will likely support Utah plus any UNC fans who arrive are likely to do the same. Utah is returning most of their team I think while SCar lost a lot of players. I agree that there is a lot of talent left but Utah has the experience edge. It should be a great doubleheader.

BTW, for anyone who hasn't been to Mohigan Sun Arena, there isn't a bad seat in the place. I recommend the upper tier center court seats.

sun

Reaction Score
The team that wins the SEC will really be making the NCAAT interesting because i.e. that could determine which team could clash with UConn early & face elimination before the FF.
Just like last year's NC was largely determined by the referees, this year's FF could be determined by where the selection committee places the SEC titans of LSU & Scar.
The only factor that can possibly save them both is if each can justify becoming a #1 seed.
The factor that most makes or breaks almost every potential FF team is how well the freshmen stars of each team can perform & which will be most ready for prime time. & deliver the goods.
A lot will be riding on the outcome of the SEC Tourrney & how well the freshmen on each titan team plays.
If both Scar & LSU prove to be relatively evenly matched, then it's possible that they could both be #1 seeds & avoid the elimination clash with UConn earlier in the NCAAT.

LSU profited by its placement & seed last year, & it's possible that Kim would prefer that it happens that way again.
Whatever happens, it will end up being in the hands of the selection committee & those super freshmen to influence where the titan teams of LSU, Scar & UConn are placed.
And then a mystery 4th team could become the X-factor in the FF.
I don't really see any other teams being head & shoulders above those 3 titans no matter how much media hype that any other contenders get.
The #1 seeds are going to be up for grabs but it will be up to the contenders with the super freshmen to pass the pressure tests from day 1 of the regular season.
Those seedings & placements are going to be important regarding which titan teams are going to clash earlier or later in the NCAAT for elimination.
And which team wins the SEC could be a very important factor.
Coaching mistakes, injuries & pressure on super freshmen are going to be extra important variables this year.
Which teams have the freshmen that can actually be counted on to help deliver the critical wins under pressure?
Which coaches are going to trust their freshmen enough to let them be able to make a difference in the big games?
IMO some teams may need their super freshmen more than others but every team will still need them to win a NC.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom