New Ceiling? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Ceiling?

Reaction Score
My two observations.

Seton Hall and SJU have both taken away the weave and open looks at 3s. I thought they looked a little shellshocked in the first half but adjusted well in the second.

Nice contributions from Castle in the second half.

Reaction Score
My two observations.

Seton Hall and SJU have both taken away the weave and open looks at 3s. I thought they looked a little shellshocked in the first half but adjusted well in the second.

Nice contributions from Castle in the second half.
My one take: I’m going to enjoy watching the improvements Castle makes during his Sophomore year at UConn

Reaction Score
Given Big D’s injury, what is a realistic finish in the Big East? Can we crack the top three or 4-8 more realistic? Hopefully our OOC schedule helps us come selection Sunday.

Heal up quickly Donovan!
Probably depends on how Castle does. He could ascend to be an unstoppable scorer at the rim, but obviously not there yet.

Reaction Score
Top 4 BE finish and a 4 seed or better
I still think this team will be quite good as the season progresses. Assuming the Clingan injury timeline holds, 4th in BE and 5 seed would be my floor

Reaction Score
Probably depends on how Castle does. He could ascend to be an unstoppable scorer at the rim, but obviously not there yet.
Soriano showed him how far away he is in the first half. Glad he played better in the second. Has to stop fouling though. Took himself out.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Nothing changes based on his expected return date. There are very few games we absolutely need him. All on the road

We're going to lose a few games, with him or without him. We're going to be highly seeded. We won national championships from the 1,2,3,4 and 7 seeds

We're UConn, we're supposed to be Arrogant and Spoiled

Relax people, enjoy the ride

Reaction Score
I don't think the expectations change. Let's assume he takes the 4 weeks to get better and comes back for the 1/28 Xavier game

The remaining games until that game are: vs. DePaul, @Butler, @Xavier, vs. GTown, vs. Creighton, @Nova

I still expect the team to win the games against DePaul, Butler, Xavier, Georgetown. Creighton and Nova are the ones that could be flipped without DC. Maybe Butler because they seem to be pretty good this year. But my expectations are 4-2 at the worst, hopefully 5-1 in that stretch

Reaction Score
I don't think the expectations change. Let's assume he takes the 4 weeks to get better and comes back for the 1/28 Xavier game

The remaining games until that game are: vs. DePaul, @Butler, @Xavier, vs. GTown, vs. Creighton, @Nova

I still expect the team to win the games against DePaul, Butler, Xavier, Georgetown. Creighton and Nova are the ones that could be flipped without DC. Maybe Butler because they seem to be pretty good this year. But my expectations are 4-2 at the worst, hopefully 5-1 in that stretch
I would take 4-2 in a heartbeat. If the SHU and SJU games are any indication of what we can expect, 2-4 or 3-3 look like distinct possibilities. Maybe things improve with more reps for the new group of starters and maybe the shooting improves to where we think it should be but with a borderline blowout to a mediocre team on the road and a nail-biter win at home as our frame of reference I'm a little #concerned.

Reaction Score
I would take 4-2 in a heartbeat. If the SHU and SJU games are any indication of what we can expect, 2-4 or 3-3 look like distinct possibilities. Maybe things improve with more reps for the new group of starters and maybe the shooting improves to where we think it should be but with a borderline blowout to a mediocre team on the road and a nail-biter win at home as our frame of reference I'm a little #concerned.
Let's see what the team looks like with more than 1 practice together post Clingan injury before we start getting concerned

Reaction Score
Let's see what the team looks like with more than 1 practice together post Clingan injury before we start getting concerned
You didn’t pickup on the # thing I guess. It was someone else’s sarcastic bit at one time.

Reaction Score
Stop thinking repeat the the 2023 championship will always be there, just think one game at a time.

We aren’t some rinky dink program from the B10. The goal is always championship.

Reaction Score
We aren’t some rinky dink program from the B10. The goal is always championship.
The goal is to win the 2024 national championship your not defending a championship no one is taking away the 2023 national championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom