New Ceiling? | The Boneyard

New Ceiling?

Reaction Score
Given Big D’s injury, what is a realistic finish in the Big East? Can we crack the top three or 4-8 more realistic? Hopefully our OOC schedule helps us come selection Sunday.

Heal up quickly Donovan!

Reaction Score
I think top 3 is definitely possible considering most of our really tough games are later in the season when DC will be back.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Clingan is obviously vital to giving us the best chance at a repeat, but we are still a top 15 team without him.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Clingan is obviously vital to giving us the best chance at a repeat, but we are still a top 15 team without him.

Top 15 seems really high, particularly on the heels of getting run out of the gym sans Clingan by a Seton Hall team that probably won't even make the tournament. One game of course, but I think tonight should be pretty telling facing an all league big in Soriano.

Reaction Score
I don't know, but I'm looking forward to seeing our freshman develop. Injuries are part of the game, and we're a blue blood power again. If we lose a couplefew more games, I'm fine with it as long as we're at full strength by March.

I'll say we're a 15-25 ranked team without Clingan rather than a top-5 team. We have a huge weakness at the 5 that needs to be addressed.

Reaction Score
Same ceiling, but a harder path given that a top 2 seed went from likely to improbable. But we did it last year.

Reaction Score
We're a different team without DC. We don't have a choice. Who steps up and starts ballin'. PT on the table for anyone who can perform and play two-way ball.

Reaction Score
Good
I think top 3 is definitely possible considering most of our really tough games are later in the season when DC will be back.
This is the correct answer. My, so many of you are ready to jump off a cliff here. We have 4 other starters who can play at an all conference level and most of our matchups with the other two power teams will be late in the year. This injury makes it much harder to win the Big East, but that’s still the goal.

It starts by winning at home tonight.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Survive this stretch and hopefully get Don back for Creighton. Minimize damage against this weak spot in our conference schedule. We’ll know the ceiling once we see what Don looks like upon return. Another month to re adjust would lower my expectations, but I expect him not to gain the weight back this time.

Reaction Score
Given Big D’s injury, what is a realistic finish in the Big East? Can we crack the top three or 4-8 more realistic? Hopefully our OOC schedule helps us come selection Sunday.

Heal up quickly Donovan!
Singare needs to step up and give some quality minutes.

Reaction Score
With or without DC, the ceiling is 4th or 5th place in the conference; non-conference - NCAA Final 4.

Reaction Score
Top 4 BE finish and a 4 seed or better
Not without Clingan. That was a home game against a bottom half Conf team and we barely survived. Thank god we have DePaul and Georgetown coming up.

Reaction Score
Not without Clingan. That was a home game against a bottom half Conf team and we barely survived. Thank god we have DePaul and Georgetown coming up.
Nah we have been the best team on the floor every night this year except last game. Only thing holding us back are injuries and biased officiating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom