New Bowl Projection | Page 11 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I bet Diaco has already designed the trophy.
Nah, no need exists. The Huskies Bowl dates back to Memorial Stadium's recycled cardboard dog bowl full of fries. That short-lived tradition should have moved to The Rent, and should be born again at PAWS.

Reaction Score
I can do any of the Florida bowls.

19 - easy. On a weekend.
22 - easy. Work trip! Nice having offices pretty much everywhere.
26 - what I'm hoping for. Family prefers to travel at Christmas.

Reaction Score
Too many screaming kids on Orlando flights.
C'mon, surely heavy hitters such as bush can hop in their own planes or charters to the executive airports in Orlando or Kissimmee. Or, just fly with us peasants to Tampa and drive 2 hours at most to Orlando. Rough it bush!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I guess I'd prefer the Cure Bowl vs a possible PAC 12 opponent instead of a Boca Bowl against what would ironically be a more dangerous MAC team.

Easy flights. Take the kid to Disney. Then drive to the Gulf for a few days and wonder why I still live in the northeast.

Cure Bowl pays more than the Boca Bowl, although I'm not sure that matters given how the conference allocates revenue.

Counter-point - the Cure Bowl is on CBS SportsNet, while the Boca Bowl is on ESPN.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Too many screaming kids on Orlando flights.
goshdarn Millenials.
tumblr_npbw5uOqt41u01904o1_1280.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Of course I also couldn't believe how many people were dropping $109 for Harry Potter capes at Universal Studios either. WHEN I WAS A KID, we just grabbed a blanket and a safety pin. AND WE LIKED IT!!!!

You had blankets and safety pins?

When I was kid we just held our arms out and made whooshing noises, and the less fortunate kids didn't even have whooshing noises. They had to wait until we were done and use ours!

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cure Bowl Dec. 19 Orlando, Fla. American vs. Sun Belt Connecticut vs. Nevada+

Sep 3 UC Davis Won 31-17
Sep 12 Arizona Lost 20-44
Sep 19 @Texas A&M Lost 27-44
Sep 26 @Buffalo Won 24-21
Oct 3 UNLV Lost 17-23
Oct 10 New Mexico Won 35-17
Oct 17 @Wyoming Lost 21-28
Oct 24 Hawaii Won 30-20
Nov 5 @Fresno St. Won 30-16
Nov 14 San Jose St. Won 37-34
Nov 21 @Utah St. Lost 27-31
Nov 28 @San Diego St. Lost 14-31

If Bryant is okay to play, I like our chances.

...but we're still doomed.

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed for Cure Bowl. Already made hotel and car reservations (and canceled the room and car for the Military Bowl). Boca's out for me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Cure Bowl Dec. 19 Orlando, Fla. American vs. Sun Belt Connecticut vs. Nevada+

That matchup would be either @CAHUSKY 's best wet dream or biggest nightmare

If we get that matchup the game would be worth the trip just to meet up with him. Partying with that guy is one of the few things on my bucket list.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
That matchup would be either @CAHUSKY 's best wet dream or biggest nightmare

If we get that matchup the game would be worth the trip just to meet up with him. Partying with that guy is one of the few things on my bucket list.
We got it in basketball a few years ago. I enjoyed the game harassing Nevada football coach Chris Ault and a bunch of the Nevada athletic department staff at Bully's sports bar in Reno. Luckily, we kicked their butt. The only way I can imagine having any love for Nevada in this potential game is if fellow UCONN alum, and current Nevada athletic director Doug Knuth, could find it in his heart to hook us up with sweet seats in the Nevada box with free food and open bar. Hook us up Doug!!! Or the other big shot Nevada employee/UConn alum who I know still scans the board on occasion.

That was a serious name dropping post. I do that when I'm drunk. Flying across country to see two average teams, even two teams I love, is pretty unlikely. Perhaps we can have a cocktail at the Maui invitational FfldCntyFan. I've always read your name as Fairfield C U Next Tuesday Fan.

Last edited:

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I think collegefootballnews.com has us in the Cure against Cal.

I'm at work and had to read it fast. Maybe I didn't read it correctly.

Reaction Score
AutoNation Cure Bowl projected $1.3
Boca Raton Bowl projected $400k
And at those payouts there is no profit for the school at all. By the time there is conference sharing and costs of travel. Not sure if we are on the hook for tickets and hotel rooms for these lowere tier bowls .

Is there any truth to the pac-12 going to the cure? Thought it was sun belt?

Reaction Score
Is there any truth to the pac-12 going to the cure? Thought it was sun belt?
Still speculation. Only 1 bowl is actually filled on both sides so far... the Bahamas Bowl w/ Western Michigan and Middle Tennessee.

Other bowls have one slot filled (Las Vegas Bowl, Camellia Bowl, Carrier Bowl, Go-Daddy Bowl and Military Bowl)

Reaction Score
I'm hoping USA and Ga State both lose forcing cure to look outside sun belt. Any p5 team would do for me, even a 5-7 ks state or MN. Not cal or Nevada please, they'll bring 500 fans. I'd prefer an opponent that should travel better.

Reaction Score
Interesting matchup for Taggart.

I thought AAC would push USF to St. Pete to ensure decent crowd at game - does that increase likelihood we end up there?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
EdDaigneault 11:44am via TweetDeck
Was never really in play for UConn. Cure Bowl is out because of exams. It'll most likely be either St. Pete or Boca.

Ah man, that's a bummer. Crossing my fingers for Boca Raton against Toledo. Would be kind of a bummer to play Middle Tennessee or some other Sun Belt team, but I think we'd smoke 'em at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom