New Bowl Projection | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jerry Palm has updated his bowl projections. He has us going to Miami to play Middle Tenn. He also shows the Pinstripe coming to the American to take Cncy to fill the Big Ten's slot agaist NC State.

If we have an extra bowl eligible team, I still expect the American to let go of UConn so it can be invited to the Pinstripe.

Reaction Score
Miami is a little far, but depending on the date and time I would do everything I can to attend. That would be awesome!

Reaction Score
Playing an ACC or B1G team in Yankee Stadium... mmmmmmm
However our fans would probably batch about having to go to NYC 2 weeks after the Maryland bball game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Seems kind of screwy the Pinstripe would take an average Cincinnati team over UConn in the Pinstripe.

On a season with 2 wins, against Army we had a big turnout.

6 or 7 wins, playing a P5 opponent? Forget about it.

Reaction Score
Big Ten has 7 bowl eligible rights now and 4 teams at 5-6. Nebraska plays Iowa. Not liking their chances. Illinois plays NWestern. Not liking their chances. Minnesota plays Wisconsin. Not liking their chances. However Indiana finishes with Purdue.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'll take anything. This season has been a success so far. I expect to finish 8-5.
The season is a success, not just so far. Even with 2 losses we have still turned the corner.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The season is a success, not just so far. Even with 2 losses we have still turned the corner.
I agree 99%. If we win at Temple and go 7-5, win the bowl game and finish 8-5 with 5 straight wins that gives us a huge amount of steam rolling into 2016.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Just getting the extra practices makes a ton of difference. I'd like a bowl win also but I honestly think that's less important.
This season has been at least as good as I could have hoped I wanted a team that could at least entertain and look improved. Sitting at the Rent yesterday and watching how well we played, especially on D, and how truly smart we played with Boyle at QB (happy for that kid) was great

I do have a question about the ability to have extra practices. Obviously they can add new stuff or wrinkles. But I'm not sure what else is gained that hasn't been down skill wise after a full season of practice. Not saying it doesn't, just need someone knowledgeable on it to explain.

Reaction Score
This season has been at least as good as I could have hoped I wanted a team that could at least entertain and look improved. Sitting at the Rent yesterday and watching how well we played, especially on D, and how truly smart we played with Boyle at QB (happy for that kid) was great

I do have a question about the ability to have extra practices. Obviously they can add new stuff or wrinkles. But I'm not sure what else is gained that hasn't been down skill wise after a full season of practice. Not saying it doesn't, just need someone knowledgeable on it to explain.

The benefit of the extra practices is not for the kids who have been playing -- they are worn down and just trying to get ready for one more game. The benefit is for the young 'uns not on the two deep and on the scout team. A large amount of the extra practice time -- especially the early part of it -- is used to get the half of the team that is not on the two deep practice time running UConn's system (as opposed to running a different opponents system week by week).

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The benefit of the extra practices is not for the kids who have been playing -- they are worn down and just trying to get ready for one more game. The benefit is for the young 'uns not on the two deep and on the scout team. A large amount of the extra practice time -- especially the early part of it -- is used to get the half of the time that is not on the two deep practice time running UConn's system (as opposed to running a different opponents system week by week).
Ah yes. Thanks.

Reaction Score
The benefit of the extra practices is not for the kids who have been playing -- they are worn down and just trying to get ready for one more game. The benefit is for the young 'uns not on the two deep and on the scout team. A large amount of the extra practice time -- especially the early part of it -- is used to get the half of the team that is not on the two deep practice time running UConn's system (as opposed to running a different opponents system week by week).
It also keeps young men focused for an additional month on football.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The monkey wrench to end all monkey wrenches may be navy. Not only might they hold the "BCS" bowls up a week, but they hold the military bowl slot, potentially, as well. What a mess...

Reaction Score
The monkey wrench to end all monkey wrenches may be navy. Not only might they hold the "BCS" bowls up a week, but they hold the military bowl slot, potentially, as well. What a mess...

I know people are saying that, but I don't see it. No one is going to wait for Navy to play Army. If Navy beats Houston and Temple, they will be put in a New Year's 6 bowl. If they don't, they will go to Annapolis. It will all be done two weeks from today. (The only way the Army -- Navy game ever screws everything up is if Navy would be in the Playoffs with a win over Army.)

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Many of the second and third team guys spend more time running opponents' plays on scout team than uconn's plays. It's a great opportunity for them to get more reps running our offense and defense.

Reaction Score
My choice is absolutely Miami.

Second would be Military because I live in DC.

I would much prefer Miami over Boca or St. Pete. The Marlins Ballpark alone makes for a more desirable location for a game than FAU's high school stadium or the Trop. Pinstripe, Military, and Miami the most ideal of the options now that I've looked it over.

The fact we are even having this convo is great though.

Reaction Score
Only problem with Miami is that it is on a Monday afternoon before school gets out. So not really a good family trip.

Reaction Score
NYC the day after XMAS would be absolutely the best. Forget the warm weather. Make a southern (NCSU?) team come up here and beat us in front of 20k or so husky fans
Totally agree. Yankee Stadium vs an ACC team day after Christmas is perfect. We rock the place with 15 - 20 k, definitely best option if possible. Who do we have to root for or against to have best possibility of this happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom