Nevada Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Nevada Game Thread

Reaction Score
Camara did NOT play...Trust me, I was there....courtside...she was in uniform as she has been since the
Maryland game...but is NOT ready yet....
thanks. Since you emphasize that she isn't ready, just wondering if she warmed up with the team and, if so, how did she look.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Being closest to the play doesn’t mean you have the best view of that given play. And if they think a foul has occurred, then by all means call it.
See, you actually support my position on refs. "And if they think a foul has occurred, then by all means call it." If they SEE a foul occurring, then by all means call it. For example, in the SC game last year, A'Ja was on a breakaway layup, with Lou trailing. A'Ja makes the lay up, Lou makes a token effort to block it, and the trailing official blows the whistle +1! Lou was not within a foot of A'Ja, as replays clearly showed, yet the official thought that A'Ja had to have been fouled because that is what most always happens when someone tries to block a shot from behind...

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I'd expect nothing less; just a cheap attempt at humor. My signature move.
I knew that you were being funny, I was just replying to tell you how she was reacting, she was quite animated when the shots went in. And I couldn't tell for sure, and maybe another person has posted this, but I don't think that she had the boot on while cheerleading.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Please share if you see last night's game on UConn Husky Games...thanks

Centerstream

Reaction Score
A thread has been posted stating that the game is there but I haven't actually checked the site. It could be that the game is on YouTube now but not on UConn Husky Games as happened when I was looking for the MSU replay on uconnhuskygames.com.

Centerstream

Reaction Score

It is on the uconnhuskygames.com site. Great job in posting the game so quickly!!!!!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
See, you actually support my position on refs. "And if they think a foul has occurred, then by all means call it." If they SEE a foul occurring, then by all means call it. For example, in the SC game last year, A'Ja was on a breakaway layup, with Lou trailing. A'Ja makes the lay up, Lou makes a token effort to block it, and the trailing official blows the whistle +1! Lou was not within a foot of A'Ja, as replays clearly showed, yet the official thought that A'Ja had to have been fouled because that is what most always happens when someone tries to block a shot from behind...

I get the gist of your post. I dislike bad officiating as much as the next guy. But as a retired broadcaster, I also dislike sports clichės that make a big deal out of the trailing or distant official making the call. The reason we have multiple officials is to increase fairness and avoid the kind of heinous and egregious mistakes as the one you cite. We’re good, amigo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom