ND Student Paper: Put UConn in ACC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND Student Paper: Put UConn in ACC

Reaction Score
I didn't give a date. I am correct.

No I don't think you are. Please provide the link that UCONN refused (you said "wouldn't but the way you wrote your sentences you make it sound like a huge reason why they didn't schedule each other was because they were fighting. Which imo is wrong. SO prove it. I don't think you can.).

As far as timlines - just because you said "you didn't give a date" doesn't mean you didn't define or imply timelines. When Muffett went off the wall was for her season in which she was undefeated before the championship game and wasn't getting respect. She didn't get beat by UCONN until the moment of the championship game. So before the game was actually played, Muffett was already taking jabs at UCONN.
You said in the order of your statement --
All I know is UConn beat Notre Dame, and Muffet was upset and started taking jabs at Geno in her interviews, and demanding "respect",

So in reality the actual timeline was Muffett started taking jabs at Geno during the interviews and implying/demanding respect during the 2013-2014 season in which both were undefeated leading up to the game- then the teams met in in the finals. Thus when you 1st come out and say "all I know is UCONN beat Notre Dame" -- their public feud was happening during the 2013-2014 season, wasn't it? There was no public feud before 2013-2014, was there?

Reaction Score
Why Join?. We beat the top teams in the ACC every year, and the SEC and the BIG12 and the B1G and the PAC12, and the BIG EAST and...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Why Join?. We beat the top teams in the ACC every year, and the SEC and the BIG12 and the B1G and the PAC12, and the BIG EAST and...

Fine, stay in the AAC. Works for me :cool:

Reaction Score

Money and tv exposure.

There is more importont things to consider in joining a league that UCONN women's basketball. And frankly we know for the long term preservation of UCONN women's basketball once Geno leaves, we are at high risk over the long term of a large tumble if we don't continue to get money and tv exposure which the P5 bring.

Look what has happened to UCONN men's basketball. Do you follow it? With Jim Calhoun - a stretch during his peak years he was in the hunt on may top ten all-american high school players and got some. Ollie is in the hunt primarily for guys in the upper teens low 20's. OFC there are names bandied about - in which he "almost got one." But the fact is, he doesn't get them. Calhoun got more a/a's or more guys that juts missed out that Ollie will over the long haul unless we go over to a p5. Once the wcbb program is not considered the number 1 or number 2 program - and there becomes other choices that are better or just as good (i.e once Geno leaves) - and the P5 get even more tv exposure and more money - if overall you think kids are going to want to go a Storrs Ct over a school or two that starts to beat us - then I think you're just wrong.

Right now Gneo is the best option for great players. But when that day comes that he retires etc - UCONN would have a short window to try to prove they still are the best- even if they are- it's high risk. And as I said before- there are other programs and academics that could benefit a great deal from the money that a p5 can provide. So joining a p% conference shouldn't be only looked at through wcbb and the Geno era, right?

Long term we need to get into a P5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom