ND @ Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND @ Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Cards' offensive rebounding has been phenomenal. They players aren't playing a particularly smart game right now, though.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Danger time for the Cards and they can't throw the ball in the ocean from a boat.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This game is exactly how the Georgia Tech game played out....

ND won that one too

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
ND seems destined to survive, thanks to some horrible shot selection by UL. If a UL player looks as though she's thinking about touching any of the Fainting Irish, a foul gets called. I'm shocked.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Even without Diggins the gift calls continue for the Irish. Although the Durr block was a foul.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I totally get (if that was the intent) why GA tweeted about the "5 players who is not recruiting"....

She totally just shoved her out of bounds

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Notre Dame wore Louisville Down and they know how to get teams into Foul Trouble. As I type this ND has only shot 5 more Free Throws. ND won this game because they shot the ball better then Louisville did in the 4th quarter. ND has too many weapons.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Louisville went cold in the 4th quarter, and lost a game they should not have. Notre Dame wins another close one.
Even when things aren't going their way, they find a way to win. When they're down, they make plays to get back in the game; like they did today. Louisville was up by 8 at one point, then went into a deep freeze. ND outscored Louisville 21-12 in the 4th qtr. If Louisville does not stop scoring, ND loses. I agree with Bigbird below, dumb fouls and bad shots contributed big time to their downfall.

Even though I don't care for ND at all, I respect their resilience, and their will to win. They don't quit, or give up. If Turner can stay healthy, they're going to be very hard to beat in the tournament. At this point, the only teams I think can beat them is UConn, Baylor and South Carolina. They'll make the final 4.

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I was impressed with neither team. It's not just a matter of comparing today's game with what I see from UConn. What I saw today was plenty of "want to," which is good, but that was punctuated with way too many bad passes, absurd shot attempts, and dumb fouls. It won't surprise me if neither team makes the elite eight.

Reaction Score
This isn't really the place, but I turned the channel to the Tennessee and aTm game and Sur Bird is commentating. Probably the only good thing about that game

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Louisville would be up double digits if it could make its layups. Score is 57-55 Louisville.

I was thinking the same thing during the game. They missed a lot of bunnies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This isn't really the place, but I turned the channel to the Tennessee and aTm game and Sur Bird is commentating. Probably the only good thing about that game

For the next 90 minutes, I'm the biggest Texas A&M fan in the world. Let's go Aggies!!!! :D

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Louisville is gonna mess around and lose this game if they are not careful

And they did. They played so well for the first 35 minutes of the game and in the end couldn't bring it home.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Ogunbowale is not the pass first type of player. Maybe Muffett thought she could turn into a pass first player. Not going to happen. Sure, she may score a lot of points, but it's sacrificing their team concept, which is why the ND offense is always highly ranked. ND looks flat.

Muffet has said the she likes Arike's agressive nature and wants her in attack mode because most of ND's players want to pass first. I think she is a capable passer but the coaches, at least at this point, want her hunting her shot.

Reaction Score
As much as I despise the Cardinals and their boxing instructor, I would like to see them pull off the win today and move Baylor up to a #3 ranking. Then after UCONN beats SC by 20+ Baylor can move into the #2 spot, which is where I think they belong at this point in the season.

The Baylor freshmen posts are really starting to gel. Brown and Mompremier combined for 32 points and 19 rebounds against KU. Cave and Higgins, the upper class centers, combined for 8 points and 8 rebounds. What a major difference from Baylor's post presence a year ago.

Alexis Prince played her best game since missing 14 games due to knee surgery. Baylor really needed her length on defense and her ability to score from anywhere on the floor. She and the improvement of the post players have made Baylor a much better team than they were a few weeks ago.

I don't know if these two players are gelling or not, but I do know that KU is a lousy yardstick to measure them against. KU is a pretty darned awful basketball team.

Reaction Score
Louisville would be up double digits if it could make its layups. Score is 57-55 Louisville.

I only watched a bit of the game and Turner missed at least 4 layups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom