ND Gets a 1st Place Vote | The Boneyard

ND Gets a 1st Place Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It wasn't mine either, but not completely unreasonable.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ridiculous.
Totally agree. Rankings mean very little, but what moron voted them #1? What part of their resume is better than UCONN's? UCONN has played about 6 or 7 teams who are or were ranked in the top 10 at one point and slaughtered them all. Not a single team could get within 10 points of UCONN.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Oh, oh. Better change my prediction for tonight's game to 125-21. I'm guessing Geno had a hand in getting one of the coaches to switch as an aid to toughening up the team.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Rankings mean very little, but what moron voted them #1? What part of their resume is better than UCONN's? UCONN has played about 6 or 7 teams who are or were ranked in the top 10 at one point and slaughtered them all. Not a single team could get within 10 points of UCONN.

In fact, the final score vs. Baylor was comfy, but I recently rewatched that game and it was dangerously close until the final couple minutes. UConn was challenged seriously in that game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In fact, the final score vs. Baylor was comfy, but I recently rewatched that game and it was dangerously close until the final couple minutes. UConn was challenged seriously in that game.
Never seemed like they would lose though.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
In fact, the final score vs. Baylor was comfy, but I recently rewatched that game and it was dangerously close until the final couple minutes.

Very true.

But ND has had closer games (Maryland,Virginia) and vs the same teams, Uconn won by more points in each game.

I just don't understand what happened between last week and this week to make someone change their vote.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I just don't understand what happened between last week and this week to make someone change their vote.
I think you do.... ESPN talking heads supported by skewed graphics during a national telecast.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think you do.... ESPN talking heads supported by skewed graphics during a national telecast.
Yeah, I forgot my sarcasm icon. Sorry.

Funny, I didn't see ONE mention of who played the most top ten teams. Those are the only games that test a team.

I didn't see a mention of ND struggling with Virginia.

I didn't see mention of the teams that both played and the fact that Uconn beat them by more than ND.

Is that coach so lazy/gullible that they just saw it on TV and thought "wow, I never looked at it that way" and voted for ND?

Reaction Score
REALLY ? We are worried about ND getting one first place vote? We've been hearing the same crap for years. Can't anyone remember when the talking heads told us year after year that Uconn's record was meaningless because our " BIG EAST " was a weak sister. But these are the same heads that constantly rave about the same ACC, Big 12, SEC , etc. Frankly, I don't care who goes into the NCAA tournament as the " Overall One Seed ". They are trying to build interest going into the tournaments.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
ND at home beat a depleted Duke team by how many and a depleted UConn beat Duke on the road by how many. This really makes me laugh. I feel this UConn team is one of the best that WCBB has ever seen and if healthy there would be no question. So for those who think UConn isn't number 1 after all they've accomplished this season well I guess you cant change their opinion. That's ok I do

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Um yeah, but wasn't it pretty close for ND when they were up by 2 points against MD with 40 seconds left, though they later doubled the margin to 4? And a 7 point win for the Irish over a Virginia team that lost to pretty awful teams like Pitt and BC sounds less than comfy and not really the mark of a team that's the best in the country. But we all see things different ways.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Please.

Ok...so follow the money....do you really think ESPN's new topic has anything to do with WBB? Its like the three to see, or any of their other promotions. They need some controversy or perceived competition to promote what has become a unilateral run to the top.

Reaction Score
This vote means nothing. All Uconn needs to do is get as healthy as possible and explode in the tournament. We will beat ND by more than 10. The key is shut down MC Bride and limit Loyd. If you can slow those 2 and were healthy its over. They don't match up inside with us. We have Hartley and Jefferson, Chong and Banks on the perimeter to defend and the big girls waiting inside.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
We live in an unjust world. Deal with it.

It's like food stamps. Didn't congress pass a law that anyone with all the votes had to give some to the poor? Dang, maybe that was robin hood. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom