NCAA denies South Carolina's Littleton waiver. Does this give any clue to Westbrook? | The Boneyard

NCAA denies South Carolina's Littleton waiver. Does this give any clue to Westbrook?

Reaction Score
I hope this denial does not portend bad things for Evina's waiver. She had a coaching change and other factors. Texas did not change coaches... I'm not sure what SC's request was based on. This definitely hurts So Carolina.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
TOTALLY different.

See Littleton is from California and was attending school in Texas before transferring to South Carolina.

And Westbrook is from Oregon, and was attending school in Tennessee, before transferring to Connecticut.

Anyone can see that.
In the words of my favorite movie Mean Girls " God you're so stupid gretchen"

Reaction Score

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I'm glad the long standing precedent of allowing players who were dismissed from Tennessee and sat out a whole season to get waivers to play immediately is being upheld yet again.

I was worried that there might be some inconsistency.

Considering one was dismissed from the university, not the coach, for fighting, that shouldn't be a surprise. What message would the NCAA be sending if they let players dismissed due to disciplinary actions get a waiver? Both TN players, the coach didn't want dismissed. It was at the AD level.

Reaction Score
Littleton left a good situation at Texas and seems like she just really wanted more play time. Westbrook left a bad situation at Tennessee dealing with coaching change and fans treating her and family (mother) like crap on social media and like Westbrook said after her final game last season there are on and off the court issues at Tennessee (that was proven when Holly got fired). I know her and Mimi Collins from Maryland will get approved and the entire WBB community will be so jealous.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Littleton left a good situation at Texas and seems like she just really wanted more play time. Westbrook left a bad situation at Tennessee dealing with coaching change and fans treating her and family (mother) like crap on social media and like Westbrook said after her final game last season there are on and off the court issues at Tennessee (that was proven when Holly got fired). I know her and Mimi Collins from Maryland will get approved and the entire WBB community will be so jealous.
Hate to burst your bubble, but MD already announced that Mimi Collins will redshirt this season.

Reaction Score
Considering one was dismissed from the university, not the coach, for fighting, that shouldn't be a surprise. What message would the NCAA be sending if they let players dismissed due to disciplinary actions get a waiver? Both TN players, the coach didn't want dismissed. It was at the AD level.

Thank goodness Hayes wasn't "dismissed from the team for disciplinary reasons" then.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I would like to read some of the comments from the TN chat room should her waiver be granted.

Reaction Score
Beg to differ. A lot of TN fans I read both on VN and their FB group (which has far above and beyond more info) want the waiver to be denied ‍♂️

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Beg to differ. A lot of TN fans I read both on VN and their FB group (which has far above and beyond more info) want the waiver to be denied ‍♂
Well, I haven’t like counted specifically or anything, but my comment was to say we’re not all hoping she doesn’t get it. Doesn’t really matter what we think tho.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm glad the long standing precedent of allowing players who were dismissed from Tennessee and sat out a whole season to get waivers to play immediately is being upheld yet again.

I was worried that there might be some inconsistency.

Cooper sat a year and then transferred. Hayes transferred first and then sat a year. Different situations.

Reaction Score
Apparently Destiny Littleton "also is dealing with an injury that will prevent her from practicing," and will have minor ankle surgery. Sounds to me like the waiver denial would be no biggie given this circumstance, but Dawn says she thinks Destiny is "probably... very devastated."

Also from Dawn: "She’s got a past that if she shares with any of you guys, and she may, I thought it was enough to allow her to play."

Waiver was previously denied, they appealed, and just found out the appeal was also denied.

Last edited:

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Let's face it this thread has nothing to do with Evina getting a waiver...or Littleton not getting one or, Hayes or, anyone else...This thread, plain and simple is about Sheppard getting one and the optics that seem to suggest special treatment for the Irish.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Let's face it this thread has nothing to do with Evina getting a waiver...or Littleton not getting one or, Hayes or, anyone else...This thread, plain and simple is about Sheppard getting one and the optics that seem to suggest special treatment for the Irish.
Huh? I dislike MM more than most, but this thread is not about Sheppard and you need to do some research to understand the situation at Nebraska the year before she left before you say more less than intelligent drivel.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Apparently Destiny Littleton "also is dealing with an injury that will prevent her from practicing," and will have minor ankle surgery. Sounds to me like the waiver denial would be no biggie given this circumstance, but Dawn says she thinks Destiny is "probably... very devastated."
Also from Dawn: "She’s got a past that if she shares with any of you guys, and she may, I thought it was enough to allow her to play."
Waiver was previously denied, they appealed, and just found out the appeal was also denied.
I love dawn more than most but... this is not a good luck! For the second time after having a waiver request denied she as implied that other schools are "lying" in their applications to the NCAA.

“I handled it that way, because when we’re asking the NCAA to approve someone for a waiver, we tell the truth."

Dawn, candidly you are better than this!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom