NC State Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I can’t manage my own stress watching close games. These are my strategies in the order they are applied (Watching on iPad). More stress=more of the list.
  • Watch game but turn sound off
  • Watch the periphery of the game (no sound) but use random apps on my phone held in front of the screen. Quick glances to scoreboard.
  • Dim screen, with above strategy.
  • Reduce game to picture-in-picture and find distracting app on iPad.
  • Close game and find distracting app on iPad.
  • Close iPad and crochet or cook or something non-UConn related.
  • Open ESPN app to check on score when I’m sure the game is over. (2OT??? Are you kidding me?)
  • Leave the room iPad is in. Pretend to wash dirty dishes.
  • Check ESPN again. Sign in relief.
Anyone else have other strategies to add to my list?
When the Phillies won the World Series, I paused the 9th inning and went and took a hot shower and tried not to think about the game. I never watch the end live because I don't want to see the kids crying; I record it and watch after I check ESPN to see if it's safe.

Reaction Score
That last call on Edwards was a phantom.
It was, I agree, but ONO should also have been whistled for her fifth on the Kayla Jones layup that could have potentially tied the game. In general I’m not a fan of makeup calls - the play should be called consistently and correctly whenever and wherever possible - but I did view that one as a makeup of sorts. I believe they came in relatively quick succession, but maybe I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
Hearing Dorka, on the floor, crying, made me cry. I expected this game to be close but wow. I want them to go all the way, of course, but don't need any more from this great group of players--this was so inspirational. So much heart in these young women, so much strength.
My heart went out to DORKA , what a soulful, primal cry... Go for
it , Big Girl..... Your family loves you!! Z

Reaction Score
I recorded and started watching at like 9:30 but I kept fast forwarding through it because I couldn't bear to watch. Then I just skipped to the end, only to find... the game was still going on (end of first OT). And I couldn't fast forward anymore!

I just had to apologize to my boyfriend; he came downstairs for a snack with 30 seconds left in 2OT and I was like "No, you are bad luck, go upstairs now" and then he said okay just let me get my snack, and NC state scored and I was like "look what you did!" But he was upstairs when they won so I'm pretty sure I was spot on about the luck factor.
Would you make sure he stays away next weekend?~))

Reaction Score
I recorded and started watching at like 9:30 but I kept fast forwarding through it because I couldn't bear to watch. Then I just skipped to the end, only to find... the game was still going on (end of first OT). And I couldn't fast forward anymore!

I just had to apologize to my boyfriend; he came downstairs for a snack with 30 seconds left in 2OT and I was like "No, you are bad luck, go upstairs now" and then he said okay just let me get my snack, and NC state scored and I was like "look what you did!" But he was upstairs when they won so I'm pretty sure I was spot on about the luck factor.
I was wondering what cause our bad mojo there, glad you kicked him back upstairs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom