NC State Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Thread

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am too old for this!!! anyone know of a mediocre curling team to follow?
Even curling would be stressful. You need something more calming like watching a cat? No, that seems maybe a little too boring. Hey, what if we combine the two?
cat olympic GIF

Curling with cats. The preferred sport of the cardiac challenged.

Reaction Score
So you want to be a gambler:
I bet on UCONN giving 4 points. If NC State doesn't hit that miracle 3 pointer, my team would have won, but I would have lost the wager. But Chrysten's layup gave the Huskies a 4 point win in 2OT & I break even. Whew...I'll take it!

Reaction Score
Great, great game! Dorka's injury doesn't look good, it was so nice to see team after the victory hugging her. There is real love on this team! Hope Caroline gets more minutes in next game. Nika was very effective in the time she played. Well done ladies!

Reaction Score
Congrats on the win. That was a really good game. I thought the whistle actually favored them quite a few times (not surprised) but you survived it. NOw I get to continue to listen to announcers more into Michigan than us -- shame we are the 1 seed and they aren't - not that it matters for anything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I had a big decision at the half. bourbon or a tranquilizer. not both.
I went with a Kentucky Mule. It was pretty good

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I
I can’t manage my own stress watching close games. These are my strategies in the order they are applied (Watching on iPad). More stress=more of the list.
  • Watch game but turn sound off
  • Watch the periphery of the game (no sound) but use random apps on my phone held in front of the screen. Quick glances to scoreboard.
  • Dim screen, with above strategy.
  • Reduce game to picture-in-picture and find distracting app on iPad.
  • Close game and find distracting app on iPad.
  • Close iPad and crochet or cook or something non-UConn related.
  • Open ESPN app to check on score when I’m sure the game is over. (2OT??? Are you kidding me?)
  • Leave the room iPad is in. Pretend to wash dirty dishes.
  • Check ESPN again. Sign in relief.
Anyone else have other strategies to add to my list?
i played some Wordle knock-off games, and then I wound up on the floor with my two dogs. I think they would have been happy for a third OT!

Reaction Score
My first reaction-
McNutt should be fired for her lack of respect towards UCONN. Her open hatred is disgusting.

My Second reaction-
What a great team win for a team that everyone has kicked and talked down to for most of this season. Thank you to all of you NON BELIEVERS.

My third reaction-
Down by four with 6 minutes to go and losing momentum and frustrated by the refs we didn't fold like we did early in the season. We relied on our defense and kept fighting. Tip my cap to the perseverance that they showed.

My fourth reaction-
DORKA! For the few minutes she played she was our MVP. I feel she was on her way to having a big game. Prayers to her and a speedy recovery. She will be missed

Azzi Fudd playing 49 minutes with all out effort as a freshman is simply one of the greatest things I've seen from a player in a UCONN jersey.

Reaction Score
7 UConn turnovers total in a double overtime game. Rebounding was about equal. We did a better job handling the ball. One of the great games of all time and I imagine the viewership during the overtimes was as high as any women’s game in history or certainly. Lose even though it was only ESPN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom