NC St Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NC St Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I stated that I didn’t think we had the talent and strength to win this one.
As promised I’m quite pleased to eat my words without salt.
What a great win for our Huskies.
Shout out to CD
Hope she’s ok
Ditto re: CD
Why are you making such a prediction?
One factor basketball fans always discount is that players get better. Players and coaches recognize it. Roles change, players actually work on their games, chemistry changes, players hungrier, less set in their ways, cultural changes. Funny how sometimes teams actually improve after losing a ton of seniors.
UConn case in point.
Another point, even us boneyarders forget is that Geno and the staff get really good players.
Anxious for an Amari siting

Reaction Score
I am a big Dorka fan,but you better hurry back soon, don't wantcha to get Wally Pipped. Your replacement looked pretty darn good. :)
A strong case could be made for Aubrey to start even when Dorka comes back, and not as a replacement for Dorka. I love so many aspects of Aubrey's game. She gets out on the break, she defends well, she's efficient offensively. I think we are a stronger team with her in the lineup. Hopefully Caroline will get back to normal soon also. I think Caroline just needs some PT.

Reaction Score
As much as I would like to see Nika average 6-8 PPG I will take her grittiness on defense and leading the offense. REALLY, it took an offensive rebound for her to dish out her 15th assist..

Azzi Fudd is Azzi Fudd. No other comparison.

I would pay good money to Watch Aubrey just play defense. Well worth the price of admission.

Aaliyah Edwards is playing the way we all know she can.

After being quiet in the first Lou lit it up in the second half.

Caroline needs to get back to playing shape ASAP

Honk if your rooting for Stanford!
Honk... Honk! and more Honks!!

Reaction Score
Great team win today.
I said it before and will say it again—the maturity and poise of this team is something so far.
So shaken after CD went down, no Dorka, stayed focused.
How impressive was Lou’s second half after she couldn’t hit the ocean with a beach ball in the first.
That was something to see! And bodes well for this team’s future success.

Reaction Score
A strong case could be made for Aubrey to start even when Dorka comes back, and not as a replacement for Dorka. I love so many aspects of Aubrey's game. She gets out on the break, she defends well, she's efficient offensively. I think we are a stronger team with her in the lineup. Hopefully Caroline will get back to normal soon also. I think Caroline just needs some PT.
Aubrey has such a quick first step. Showed a few times on moves to the basket

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Super defense today, especially from Aubrey, who looks a lot like Gabby Williams...great passing by the team, quick outs and I just loved the backdoor play with a pass from AE to AZ. What a fun game to watch.
AZ? Maybe you should use first names? The initials thing doesn’t seem to be working for you

Reaction Score
Super defense today, especially from Aubrey, who looks a lot like Gabby Williams...great passing by the team, quick outs and I just loved the backdoor play with a pass from AE to AZ. What a fun game to watch.

There’s AD, AE, AG, AP and Azzi.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would argue that bringing Aubrey off the bench brings a shot of adrenaline and a change of pace after the opponent’s defense has a chance to settle in

Reaction Score
As mentioned the mental toughness of this team is amazing. When CD went down the players were crying, Morgan, Tonya C, Jamelle and Geno visibly upset. They asked for 10 minutes and came out so composed. I wasn't sure how they would respond but all questions were answered. Great news on CD as well.

Reaction Score
They played like, well, UCONN today and it was an absolute pleasure to watch.

Aubrey was a one woman wrecking crew in the beginning of the game with 4 steals before you could blink. 16 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 steals is quite the day, not to mention her deflections and general disruptive influence. Plus, she is improving every game!

Aaliyah played within herself and under control. 20 points, 12 boards and 4 assists is a big time game. She was smart and focused and solid on defense.

Nika. A new assist record. Tremendous defense as well. Just a threat to make the perfect pass every single time she is out in front on the break.

Ayanna- Of everyone, her performance was perhaps the most important to me. With Dorka out, she had to play smart, do her job, and stay on the floor. In 11 minutes she had 5 boards, an assist, a block and a steal and made her presence felt as a reliable substitution underneath. A workmanlike role player today. That's all we needed.

Azzi- What can you say? One of the only sensible comments made by the announcers today was that she is probably the best player in the country right now. 32 the easy way if that's possible. What a stroke.

Lou- We were waiting for it. I hope the nerves, jitters, or what ever they have been in the past are gone now. She had a great second half and showed everyone what she can do. A little better choice on shots sometimes but overall a dominating performance once she got it going.

Caroline- I feel badly for her because she is struggling. It's just the timing and wind thing right now and it reminds me of how she started last year. She will have it back soon and that gives us another multi dimensional scorer.

Amari and Ines- Only a minute playing time. Sounds like they both need to work super hard in practice.

As a team, great chemistry, textbook fast breaks, solid defense to start the third quarter which just broke it open when combined with our scoring, unselfishness to the point of magnificence, and another top 10 win.

Reaction Score
A couple of thoughts. First, I can't help thinking about how unstoppable this team would be at full strength. Oh well, fingers crossed for next year.

Second, Nika has improved even more than I hoped. She has made a leap forward and evolved into a smart, mature floor leader. Without sacrificing any of her intensity.

Third, I cannot believe how Aubrey has played. Like many, I was hopeful on her return, but did not think it realistic to expect that she would make a leap forward as a player after missing an entire season. But somehow she has done it. Her play has been like getting a top level transfer.

Yes, we have lost two players, one who is the best player in the country. But having two returning players make such big jumps in performance has been the difference in allowing us to absorb these loses and still play at such a high level. None of this is to discount the play of Azzi, Dorka, or Edwards, but Nika playing 39 minutes with 2 fouls and a 15-3 A/TO ration? And Aubrey with 16 points, 6 rebounds, 6 steals(!), and 4-4 from the foul line! Again I was hopeful, but it was unrealistic to expect this by game 3 of this season. All credit to the work these two huskies have put in to get to where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom