NC St Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NC St Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This game did not go as I expected. I missed the first half but was able to see half of the third quarter and the fourth quarter. Awesome team win. I couldn't be more pleased. This group has a chance to be really special.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Main takeaways:
  • Azzi Fudd is the best player in the country.
  • Nika Muhl is my favorite player.
  • Aubrey Griffin is going to be huge for us
  • A "quiet" 20/12 for Edwards, she's massively improved this year
We're #5. #4 lost this week. We beat #3. #2 and #1 are currently playing each other, so one of them has to lose. UConn will be ranked the #2 team in the country tomorrow
I don’t believe either Stanford or So Carolina will drop below 2 no matter who wins

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
First, a quick recovery for CD. Oh my I was like - What's Next!

From the opening tip off, this team was in sync with each other. And they are tough, both physically and mentally. They did not fold or panic when NC State put on a little to make it close. They played their game.

The third quarter UConn put NC State away. Closed the quarter with a 15 - 2 run. Slam that door shut!!!!

And Nika with the new school record of 15 assists in a game!!!!!!!!

Bring on the Dukies!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
A marvelous win , under trying circumstances, where everyone contributed what they could. I really hope the BY is satisfied with the win, and just concentrates on wishing CD well. I think the team deserves a break from the steady nitpicking to which they are too often subjected lately. Go Huskies! Get well soon, CD.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Call me a believer! I was not nearly as optimistic about UConn this season as many of the BY because I felt the PG position was questionable. N. Mull has answered the call, she is the Point Guard and as of today I feel UConn is the best team in the country!
And you’re now our favorite non-UConn fan ;)

Reaction Score
I know this is not the right thread and I’m not trying to hijack it, but Stanford is up by 10 after the first quarter. Boston is on the bench with two fouls.

A 22 point win over a top 10 team is very very impressive. All of our questions have been answered.
It's the right thread. UCONN might jump over the loser into the #2 spot.

Reaction Score
Impressed by the way they all stepped up to the challenge. Last year we didn't adjust as well when we lost a player to injury. Still, can't wait for Dorka to get back. The more pieces we have, the greater the margin of error in any game. What happens if Lou's shot doesn't come around in the second half? What happens when we play a team that concentrates on stopping Azzi? Just like having more flexibility.

Reaction Score
Kudos to whatever UConn coach called for doubles on NC St's bigs. UConn was exceptionally quick to the ball - even though there was normally a NC Stshooter open, rarely did they get a pass. At times it was scary watching NC St's bigs doing the layup drill, but Huskies made their defense work, and work well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Epic beatdown. So proud of the team.

Azzi - NPOY
Nika - 15 assists!!
Aubrey and Lou - outstanding

Aside from some "production" from Ayanna, the bench was a no-show. Amari - sadly, the latest Heather Buck. Don't expect to see her at all except for garbage time.

Prayers for CD and kudos to the 5 starters. Sensational. Oh, and no let up in the 4th quarter. Did not give any of the lead back like we did vs. Texas.

Reaction Score
As much as I would like to see Nika average 6-8 PPG I will take her grittiness on defense and leading the offense. REALLY, it took an offensive rebound for her to dish out her 15th assist..

Azzi Fudd is Azzi Fudd. No other comparison.

I would pay good money to Watch Aubrey just play defense. Well worth the price of admission.

Aaliyah Edwards is playing the way we all know she can.

After being quiet in the first Lou lit it up in the second half.

Caroline needs to get back to playing shape ASAP

Honk if your rooting for Stanford!
Honk.

Reaction Score
In the interest of fair play, I can't wait for UCONN to play at NC State. It didn't matter today, but the Wolfpack wants the Huskies on thir home court.
In general home court advantage is around 10 pts ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom