NBA playoffs | Page 25 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has gotta be one of the strangest series in playoff history.
Whatever people have predicted of this series game by game the opposite has happened.

Reaction Score
There is a 0% chance a team from the 1960s is beating the 2023-2024 Denver Nuggers. They'd be the worst team in the league by far, and it wouldn't be close.
I’ll be honest Denver won the first 2 matchups in my simulation so it’s a 2-1 series now.

Ok Denver won series 4-1, ya of course a team from the 60s couldn’t beat the Nuggets but one thing for sure is that Wilt would be just as dominant. Funny thing is in that 5 game series except for game 3, Wilt had below his average which was 50 ppg.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ll be honest Denver won the first 2 matchups in my simulation so it’s a 2-1 series now.

The series is 3-0 and the score was 150-45 (all scored by Wilt). I don't know what simulation you're using--it seems cool--but the skill and athleticism level is lightyears ahead in 2024. Wilt was the freak of all freaks... his teammates were awful.

Reaction Score
I really wish more people could see Wilt in action. That guy may be the greatest athlete of all time. High jump, triple jump, ran the 100 and 200, 4.6 40 (Wilt says 4.4), 40 inch standing vertical, more with a step. Strong as hell and 7'1. The YouTube videos are wild.
One of the most insane athletes ever. I believe some of the tales because there's a fair amount of video of him doing absurd stuff and he was clearly freakish at over 7 feet tall/speed/strength but there's no way in hell he could bench press 600 lbs and there's no way in hell he was sleeping with 3 women per day day.

Reaction Score
Let’s gooo Knicks tonight- close it out- & let’s get to the conference finals for the first time in 24 years!!
damn that is so long ago. That is back when Marcus Camby was on the team.

Reaction Score
damn that is so long ago. That is back when Marcus Camby was on the team.
Makes me feel so old I remember Camby thowing down monster tomahawk dunks on Mutumbo like it was yesterday and then his family being kidnapped during the finals.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Let’s gooo Knicks tonight- close it out- & let’s get to the conference finals for the first time in 24 years!!
Thibs starting McBride over Achuwa was the difference in the last game. Having Deuce set high screens for Brunson just genius basketball savant stuff. Caught the Pacers off guard. My guess he does it again but Indiana will be ready this time.

The saddest part about this year is the Knicks health. With OG this series is already over. My guess if they don’t win tonight they will win game 7.

With a healthy Robinson and OG, I really think the Knicks would have had a chance against the Celtics. Especially if the games were close.

I left Randle off the list as I think the Knicks may be better without him if OG and Robinson are healthy. What Randle does bring to the table usually is availability. Which increases his value. Unfortunately availability is not a strong suit for Robinson or OG.

It will be a pleasant surprise if OG plays again this year. I am doubtful……

Reaction Score
Thibs starting McBride over Achuwa was the difference in the last game. Having Deuce set high screens for Brunson just genius basketball savant stuff. Caught the Pacers off guard. My guess he does it again but Indiana will be ready this time.

The saddest part about this year is the Knicks health. With OG this series is already over. My guess if they don’t win tonight they will win game 7.

With a healthy Robinson and OG, I really think the Knicks would have had a chance against the Celtics. Especially if the games were close.

I left Randle off the list as I think the Knicks may be better without him if OG and Robinson are healthy. What Randle does bring to the table usually is availability. Which increases his value. Unfortunately availability is not a strong suit for Robinson or OG.

I 100% agree with all of this. I think the Knicks could beat the Celtics with everyone healthy minus Randle. I'll just be so proud of them if they can make the Eastern Conference finals, it's amazing what they've done with such a beat up team and a bunch of guys who weren't starters on other teams. It's my favorite Knicks team ever.

Reaction Score

I think the move to put McBride in the starting lineup had a more positive impact on the defense to be honest. His ball pressure on Haliburton was brilliant & I look forward to the same pressure tonight. Think the Knicks have a 50/50 shot in closing it out tonight.

Josh Hart might be my favorite player just because of his tenacity & his team first mentality- but also love the group as a whole- thought from day 1 Brunson was the guy- wanted him for two years before he signed. I know Thibs takes a lot of heat, but believe it or not almost every player that has join the Knicks team over the last few years he has developed into better players- more complete players- especially defensively- & especially with the rookies or younger players.

• McBride
  • Quickley
  • Hartenstein
  • Barrett
  • Sims
  • Grimes
  • Robinson
  • Hart
  • DiVincenzo

Only Barrett being a high end pick- Thibs has helped all developed & become better Defensive players in particular- all are average to + defenders at this point.

Reaction Score
This has gotta be one of the strangest series in playoff history.
Basically only got one great game, game 1. Game 4 was never really in doubt after Minn imploded to end the 2nd quarter.

Reaction Score
Basically only got one great game, game 1. Game 4 was never really in doubt after Minn imploded to end the 2nd quarter.

Yeah but every game had a hook that kept you riveted:

Game 1: Very good game with "wow, are Minnesota really gonna sneak one on Denver's floor?" energy.
Game 2: "Oh my god this is the best defense I've ever seen, they're breaking the champs! I've never seen Jokic like this!"
Game 3: "Champs are still the champs, they're not going out like punks."
Game 4: "They're really gonna even the series, aren't they? My god this team's so good."
Game 5: "We have just witnessed one of the greatest individual performances in playoffs history."
Game 6: "Hot damn that was a murder!"

It feels like a 7-round heavyweight fight with each round producing an earth-shaking knockdown that you'd swear there's no coming back from.

Unforgettable series.

Reaction Score
Brunson short on everything with his shots. He is tired and it is showing.

Reaction Score
Now Hart is injured, at some point it's just too many injuries to overcome.

Reaction Score
Brunson short on everything with his shots. He is tired and it is showing.
No excuse Pacers totally outplaying the Knicks, the defense sucks too.

Reaction Score
Hart back in the game, what the hell is Thibs doing?!?? You have to protect your players.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This Knicks team is completely snake bitten. It’s like they need an exorcism. Or maybe Dolan goes away. He is just bad karma. He has kept quiet this year and then that Oakley stuff started. Don’t know who started but really the timing of it.

Who knows what’s wrong with Hart not going to play doctor but it don’t look good is my official diagnosis.

I am going to have a nightmare tonight where OG and Hart are all bandaged up and are trying to play but tripping on the bandages in game seven. Then I can see my childhood hero “Clyde” with that sarcastic laugh and saying the Knicks are tryin but they are dyin……. for a Knicks fan this is truly like watching a bad dream.

The Pacers are not very good. But they are better than the team we can put on the floor right now.

Reaction Score
I'm so pissed right now at Thibs, Hart can barely move. This is absolutely bush league from Thibs.
Mike Saunders is not walking through that door. Crazy thing is this is still a winnable game need to be within about 5 by the 6 minute mark.

Reaction Score
I'm so pissed right now at Thibs, Hart can barely move. This is absolutely bush league from Thibs.
wouldn’t be playing if Hart didn’t want to give it a go. it is the playoffs. likely abdominal strain. he will be there for Sunday.

Reaction Score
wouldn’t be playing if Hart didn’t want to give it a go. it is the playoffs. likely abdominal strain. he will be there for Sunday.
Hart is the toughest guy in the league, he would play if he had a broken leg. The coach needs to protect his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom